LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

People's thoughts on WR Amara Darboh

Big fast seems to have good hands. But Michigan isnt a pass heavy offense with Harbaugh there. What round do you guys think he will be picked?

Round 2-3
got a little Anquan Boldin in his play.
I like him. I'd guess 3rd
I'm a huge fan of Darboh, I have him slotted as a late 3rd to early 4th rd pick right now.

Nice size, decent speed, and good hands. Very productive at UM, He does miss some passes at times. And yeah UM didn't run a pass heavy offense with Harbaugh, which we should know with him as our former HC.
http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2017/01/michigan_wr_amara_darboh_flash.html

"Michigan WR Amara Darboh flashes bully ball at Senior Bowl"

[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Feb 18, 2017 at 4:59 AM ]
I haven't watched much film but it doesn't look like he gets alot of separation. Otherwise looks like it's all there.
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
I haven't watched much film but it doesn't look like he gets alot of separation. Otherwise looks like it's all there.

First thoughts were the same, about getting separation. Looks competitive. but lacks good speed and not a lot of sharp routes. Could develop however.
Originally posted by theninermaniac:

First thoughts were the same, about getting separation. Looks competitive. but lacks good speed and not a lot of sharp routes. Could develop however.

He is more of an Anquan Boldin type of player. Hyde49er called it. A big body type of receiver who uses it, pair him up with a true #1 like Corey or Mike and add Cooper. We could strike fear on opposing defenses once the Qb situation gets taking care of.

Jehu Chesson was Michigan Wolverines speedster.
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Feb 18, 2017 at 10:35 AM ]

Yea, I'm guessing his route running is unpolished thus the lack of separation sometimes. It can be coached tho
[ Edited by kronik on Feb 18, 2017 at 4:42 PM ]

Seems to favor basket catches. Uses his hands when he has to but seems to go for basket catches as his go to.
Share 49ersWebzone