LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 250 users in the forums

Trade Down?

Originally posted by JaggedJ:
Even the Browns (yes, I said it, the Browns) won't screw up this draft. Garrett is going #1. Lock it in.

There will be trade options available on draft day. There's always a team that reaches for a QB they developed a crush on during private workouts or the combine.

Browns have the analytic guys who want to follow numbers on how they make picks. Every measure will say take Myles. You can find good QBs other ways like Tyrod maybe and Jimmy G this year . But you can't find a pass rusher like Myles
[ Edited by GhostOfBaalke on Feb 20, 2017 at 11:01 AM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I would trade down if the following happened.

1. 49ers traded or signed either Cousins or Garoppolo.

2. Myles Garrett wasn't there at #2.

I would love to try and see if there was a way to get Corey Davis and Nate Peterman.
Did Shanny just say they'll be patient at QB and lynch would be really hard for a rookie QB to pick up Shanny's offense?
They're trying to lighten the blow/backlash since they'll likely pass on the "top rated QBs" this draft.

Trade down is the most sound approach picking up any impact player at a need while adding additional pick(s).
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
Browns have the analytic guys who want to follow numbers on how they make picks. Every measure will say take Myles. You can find good QBs other ways like Tyrod maybe and Jimmy G this year . But you can't find a pass rusher like Myles

I completely forgot they have Paul DePodesta as chief strategy officer. I have no Idea what he will do. He is a huge number Guy not a football guy.
Originally posted by dlance:
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:

I completely forgot they have Paul DePodesta as chief strategy officer. I have no Idea what he will do. He is a huge number Guy not a football guy.

He's probably calculating on base percentage after the 7th inning too
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
Did Shanny just say they'll be patient at QB and lynch would be really hard for a rookie QB to pick up Shanny's offense?
They're trying to lighten the blow/backlash since they'll likely pass on the "top rated QBs" this draft.

Trade down is the most sound approach picking up any impact player at a need while adding additional pick(s).

Could also indicate that if we do draft a QB at 2, we're planning to have him sit for all or most of the year behind a bridge QB.

Trading down is the a sound approach if there's any demand to trade up (there may not be). If not, we're either going to have to accept a one sided trade (based on the trade value chart) or draft whoever we like the most at #2.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by NinerTy:
The Niners trading down is an excellent idea, in my opinion, but, we all know about opinions. Having said that, I shall proceed. Mr. Lynch and the rest of the FO need to be very aggressive in this draft and pick up as many bodies as they can. One or two "can't miss" or "best player available" prospects is not going to propel this team to the Championship let alone the playoffs, in my opinion. The rebuild on this team at the very least is two years. The current roster has no more than 8-10 players who are solid at their positions, in my opinion. Finding a trade partner who is desperate for a player, a la the Rams and Eagles of last year, at the #2 position is paramount in making this move a successful one, in my opinion. If this can be accomplished, then the knowledge of the FO in picking players will be at the forefront of the success and future of the Niners, of course, in my opinion

Disagree. This rebuild will take longer than one draft. And players who are just solid are way easier to find in the draft than real impact players. And easy to find in FA. It is the couple of top players who make the difference. Take them now whilst the opportunity is there.

Absolutely!

We need Impact players on both sides of the ball.

IMO, Buckner is the only Impact player we have on D - The jury is still out on Navaro after last injury

None on Offense - Hyde could be but is injured too often
How about trading down with the Titans for their 5th and 18th picks in the first round. Take a QB and a DL in the first round.
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,500 for Heroism.
Originally posted by NJNiner:
How about trading down with the Titans for their 5th and 18th picks in the first round. Take a QB and a DL in the first round.

Why the hell would the Titans give up the opportunity of drafting two impact players for one? Does that make sense to you? this isn't madden.
[ Edited by Heroism on Feb 21, 2017 at 1:32 PM ]
Take Garrett if he's there
Trade down but stay in the top 10.
Use extra picks + 2nd rounder to move back into first and wind up with two big names.

Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by NJNiner:

Why the hell would the Titans give up the opportunity of drafting two impact players for one? Does that make sense to you? this isn't madden.

They need an edge rusher. If Garrett is still on the board when we pick I think we could make a deal. Then again I wouldn't mind at all if we too Garrett.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I would trade down if the following happened.

1. 49ers traded or signed either Cousins or Garoppolo.

2. Myles Garrett wasn't there at #2.

I would love to try and see if there was a way to get Corey Davis and Nate Peterman.

I like it, Kolohe.
Originally posted by JaggedJ:
Even the Browns (yes, I said it, the Browns) won't screw up this draft. Garrett is going #1. Lock it in.

There will be trade options available on draft day. There's always a team that reaches for a QB they developed a crush on during private workouts or the combine.

Wait a minute. Wait a minute here. This is the same team that passed on Goff and Wentz last yr, and passing on Wentz, same situation, #1 pick in the draft.
They now know it was a boo boo. . They just can't make that mistake twice in two yrs. Browns surprise everybody and take.....WATSON. Yup, they blew it again.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by NinerTy:
The Niners trading down is an excellent idea, in my opinion, but, we all know about opinions. Having said that, I shall proceed. Mr. Lynch and the rest of the FO need to be very aggressive in this draft and pick up as many bodies as they can. One or two "can't miss" or "best player available" prospects is not going to propel this team to the Championship let alone the playoffs, in my opinion. The rebuild on this team at the very least is two years. The current roster has no more than 8-10 players who are solid at their positions, in my opinion. Finding a trade partner who is desperate for a player, a la the Rams and Eagles of last year, at the #2 position is paramount in making this move a successful one, in my opinion. If this can be accomplished, then the knowledge of the FO in picking players will be at the forefront of the success and future of the Niners, of course, in my opinion

Disagree. This rebuild will take longer than one draft. And players who are just solid are way easier to find in the draft than real impact players. And easy to find in FA. It is the couple of top players who make the difference. Take them now whilst the opportunity is there.

My man, English. You can count our impact players on 1 finger. Nobody goes all the way without several impact players. There are only 6 sometimes as many as 10 in any given yr. There are lots of guys who are starters...but not impact players.
Do people want to trade down to get more picks or because people think no one is worthy of the 2nd pick?
Share 49ersWebzone