Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Originally posted by HERN:
49ers trade pick #2 to Jaguars who select Jonathan Allen

49ers trade pick #4 to Bengals who select Mike Williams

49ers trade pick #9 to Eagles who select Dalvin Cook

Finally we pick Corey Davis @ #14

know we have 9 picks in round 2 and 8 picks in round 3

We also have 6 first round pick in 2018.

Book them trades

I would be very happy if this happened lol we would fill a ton of needs with quality players from this draft and own next years first round lol that would be insane. We could just take all of the QBs next year lmao Almost guarantee we get our franchise guy!
If we just needed players that is one thing. But we need IMPACT players, and usually after pick #6-10, depending on the yr, you no longer are getting IMPACT players, but just good players. So if we trade out of #2, we still better get an impact player at 6-9 or we probably are NOT getting an impact player. We need an IMPACT NT, ILB, OLB, and maybe CB. On O we need a C, RB, and WR slot...and they all should be impact players, except maybe for C, where we could take a very good player. So if we trade down, we better be getting an impact player. We last had a good team when we had Willis and Justin....both IMPACT players. It is time for another. How we get a second one...IDK.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Feb 17, 2017 at 12:01 PM ]
I don't see trading down as an option. We need impact players and those players will be gone if we trade back.

I think teams that trade back do so because they need depth, we need studs at stater positions.

I love it!

Fantasy Footbal; at it's best.
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:

Book them trades

If you're going to dream, dream big.
I 100% agree with the OP. HOWEVER last year Goff was going in the 10's and Wentz in the 20's b4 the combine, the private work out days etc. If Trubisky, Watson or Kizer appear to be the best qb in the draft, I do think Buffalo, the Jets, or Chicago could be in play to trade up to number 2 to draft that qb, they will NOT give up the farm, the niners would be lucky to pick up a second or a 3rd and that is it.

That is why I chuckle, when people think it is crazy to give up pick 2 for Jimmy G. If Shannahan thinks he is the fanchise qb, who cares?? Your going to get a qb more pro ready who will make everyone on the offense and defense better (defense because there will be less 3 and outs so they can rest)
Originally posted by 9erred:
I 100% agree with the OP. HOWEVER last year Goff was going in the 10's and Wentz in the 20's b4 the combine, the private work out days etc. If Trubisky, Watson or Kizer appear to be the best qb in the draft, I do think Buffalo, the Jets, or Chicago could be in play to trade up to number 2 to draft that qb, they will NOT give up the farm, the niners would be lucky to pick up a second or a 3rd and that is it.

When has a team ever traded down from the top couple of picks for just a 2nd or 3rd rounder? Not going to happen. I don't particularly want us to trade down unless there is a specific target, but I don't believe anyone is going to even bother to phone to say, hey, your #2 overall (rough value 2200 points), we will offer you our #10 (rough value 1300 points) and our #75 (215 points). Not going to happen.
If Cleveland take a QB at 1 and Myles Garrett is there at 2 I could see more teams wanting to trade up. I have no problem if they trade down and pick up an extra second round pick. draft the Best WR in round one, draft some one like a Curtis Samuel WR/ RB and a LB in round 2 and worry about the QB next year. still draft a developmental QB in round 3 or 4 like a Brad Kaaya, Nathan Peterman, Davis Webb, Jerod Evans, or even Chad Kelly. I do not think any of these QB should be a starter next year and one of them will be there if the 4th round. Kelly should be there even later because of off the field stuff. Sign a vet QB to get though the year and look for your long term starter next year. If there is a long term starter they like at pick number 2 they should draft him.
[ Edited by dlance on Feb 19, 2017 at 10:08 AM ]
Originally posted by dlance:
If Cleveland take a QB at 1 and Myles Garrett is there at 2 I could see more teams wanting to trade up. I have no problem if they trade down and pick up an extra second round pick. draft the Best WR in round one, draft some one like a Curtis Samuel WR/ RB and a LB in round 2 and worry about the QB next year. still draft a developmental QB in round 3 or 4 like a Brad Kaaya, Nathan Peterman, Davis Webb, Jerod Evans, or even Chad Kelly. I do not think any of these QB should be a starter next year and one of them will be there if the 4th round. Kelly should be there even later because of off the field stuff. Sign a vet QB to get though the year and look for your long term starter next year. If there is a long term starter they like at pick number 2 they should draft him.

If Garrett is there at number 2 we should take him, running up onto the stage and trying not to laugh too much. And trading down whilst he is still available, just for an extra second rounder would not happen. Not even under TDon.
Originally posted by English:
If Garrett is there at number 2 we should take him, running up onto the stage and trying not to laugh too much. And trading down whilst he is still available, just for an extra second rounder would not happen. Not even under TDon.

In my opinion there are 4 position that do not because free agent for the most part. Starting number one players at QB, Left Tackle, WR and Pass Rusher. IF they think he is a Number 1 pass rusher who will be on the team for the next 10 to 15 yr draft him. I have watched one game of his I have no idea.

I say keep 2nd overall pick and take Solomon Thomas. While Niners have money for fight any franchise on a bidding war, I think guys like JPP, Chandler Jones, Jaabal Sheard and Nick Perry will be tagged before FA. New Niners' D scheme requires a pass rusher who can move outside and inside the line of scrimmage just like Michael Bennett but with current players (Aaron Lynch and Tank Carradine) are below the expectations for the position. Thomas fits perfectly for the job also he's a relentless player on the field and has attitude Lynch is looking for the locker room
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
If we just needed players that is one thing. But we need IMPACT players, and usually after pick #6-10, depending on the yr, you no longer are getting IMPACT players, but just good players. So if we trade out of #2, we still better get an impact player at 6-9 or we probably are NOT getting an impact player. We need an IMPACT NT, ILB, OLB, and maybe CB. On O we need a C, RB, and WR slot...and they all should be impact players, except maybe for C, where we could take a very good player. So if we trade down, we better be getting an impact player. We last had a good team when we had Willis and Justin....both IMPACT players. It is time for another. How we get a second one...IDK.

Totally agree.

I've been saying the same thing for some time now.

We have Buckner on D. As of this post the jury will be out on Navarro returning to his excellent self. Let's say he does that gives us 2 on D. That's it! AA is not an impact player but IMO will be a very good player.

All the rest of the D are NOT! Let's forget the potential crap - until they prove it - they are not impact players.

On Offense we don't have any.

We have some high caliber guys like Staley [getting old] and Hyde [difficulties in staying healthy]

That's it! With all the draft pick Bozo the Baalke had - this is what we have left.

That's one of the main reasons I'm opposed to trading out of the top10.
Good post Wally...the only nit I might pick would be AA. Let's hold off on him until this yr is pretty well underway. I still think he may be an elite or IMPACT player, plus we are running more 4-3 this yr, but bet we still run 3-4 also, or just a 5 man hybrid. AA was injured, so when he comes back, let's give him some time and then do a re -evaluation.

What I do think is if we can snag an elite NT, then we may have IMPACT players at both DEs , or DTs, however they stack them up. With an elite NT, or an IMPACT NT, I can see both DeFo and AA being IMPACT players, and Lordy, that would be sweet. Also if Cleve is convinced that Watson is the best thing since sliced bread, and take him, precisely because they cut their own nuts off when they traded out of Wentz last yr, they could once again screw up and pass on Garrett while taking Watson. It could happen.

Then imagine DeFo & AA with Garret right behind them. Now THAT would make for one helluva D . Still, odds are Garrett goes to Cleve, and then the question can we find an IMPACT NT, ILB, or OLB?

Other question is who is the one QB that Kyle thinks is just perfect for him. If that is Trubs or Watson, okay, so be it . We gotta trust Kyle to pick the one best guy he likes. If he likes someone better further down the list (just please not Kizer), then LB or NT may be the pick. If Kyle and lynch don't think any LBs or NTs are IMPACT guys, then maybe we go Fournette, or trade back for a WR (Williams). It is tough to have the 2nd pick and not come away with an IMPACT player. Now if kyle thinks Trubs is an IMPACT guy,, ie, FR QB, then there is our pick. Problem is i don't think he is. Maybe the best Qb, but not franchise. But that is entirely based on what Kyle's thinks he can do with him. Huge benefit for us to have Kyle as HC/OC with the 2nd pick. Still and all, Trubs/Watson would have to be an IMPACT player in Kyle's opinion and that would be what we do.

And there still is the Cousins option. IF that were to happen, i hope it wouldn't be for our first pick, #2 overall. Make it a 2nd rd pick, #34 , In that case we have no second rd pick, and kyle/lynch may be looking for a RB, WR, or want to bulk up D with NT or LB.
I could see the Bills trading up to #2 for a QB.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
best case scenario trade downs for me (which will likely NEVER happen)

Trade #2 to Cincy for #9 (or whatever pick they got), AJ McCarron & a 2nd round pick. The fan base thinks they need an edge rusher. They get Jonathan Allen and we get a QB plus still a top 10 pick to draft a playmaker on either side of the ball. (though in this scenario i'd love Mike Williams to go with McCarron)
[ Edited by krizay on Feb 19, 2017 at 3:43 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone