There are 229 users in the forums

Lattimore Island

Originally posted by gold49er2183:
My thought process is when we are on the clock you have 3 db's worthy of the pick:adams, hooker, and latimore. One DL... Thomas. It just depends our board.

I don't see how lattimore is worthy of the 2nd overall pick? 4 career INTs and can't stay healthy at all...dude is one of the biggest risk picks at the top imo. Also I'm not drafting a SS with 5 career INTs? s**t even Eric Reid had more in college.

Hooker makes the most sense out of all three but even that's a reach at two...if we trade down that's a different story.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 8, 2017 at 4:56 AM ]
Lattimore finished 6th in the nation in picks per target. Kind of hard to get picks when qb's are too scared to throw in your direction. The hammies are a real concern though.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I like Lattimore, I just don't like him at #2.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jcs:
What does Justin have to do with what I said?

Dline and more importantly the front 7 is the biggest hole on this team right now.

Quarterback is actually, but this isn't the draft to need one.
Originally posted by mayo49:

I feel the same way
Originally posted by mayo49:

Well he's not making it out the top 5
I'd be very surprised to see Lynch draft any CB in the 1st rd...this is a very deep class and there will be quality CB's available at least through rd 4. Colorado has a couple dandies in Awuzie and Witherspoon who have great size, quickness, coverage skills and are very good tacklers. Beyond that, Brock's departure opens up opportunities for both Redmond & DJ.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I don't see how lattimore is worthy of the 2nd overall pick? 4 career INTs and can't stay healthy at all...dude is one of the biggest risk picks at the top imo. Also I'm not drafting a SS with 5 career INTs? s**t even Eric Reid had more in college.

Hooker makes the most sense out of all three but even that's a reach at two...if we trade down that's a different story.

INTs are not the only measure of a great DB. Namdi Asomugha was once the best corner in the league for a number of years during which time he had like 2 total picks. Teams simply never through to his guy. And Jamal Adams does a lot more for your ball-club thank pick off the ball. He's a SS after all, not a center-fielder.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I'd be very surprised to see Lynch draft any CB in the 1st rd...this is a very deep class and there will be quality CB's available at least through rd 4. Colorado has a couple dandies in Awuzie and Witherspoon who have great size, quickness, coverage skills and are very good tacklers. Beyond that, Brock's departure opens up opportunities for both Redmond & DJ.

I think we all had enough counting on ACL tears.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Apr 8, 2017 at 11:00 AM ]
Originally posted by SammyFrancisco:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

INTs are not the only measure of a great DB. Namdi Asomugha was once the best corner in the league for a number of years during which time he had like 2 total picks. Teams simply never through to his guy. And Jamal Adams does a lot more for your ball-club thank pick off the ball. He's a SS after all, not a center-fielder.

Asomugha Wasn't the 2nd overall pick in the draft either right a SS at two is a reach as well...

• All22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:

Lynch would probably pick a safety at #2 though. Although I could see him liking Budda Baker (on the second day) over Hooker because of Hooker's lack of tackling ability... Lynch was a banger and probably prefers that in a safety.
[ Edited by All22 on Apr 8, 2017 at 11:26 AM ]
I like him but he seems too much of a project. Not a lot of PT. Missed a whole bunch of games his rs freshman yr. no doubt he had some stud games the next yr.
He shows the talent. More of a mid rd pick imo
Originally posted by wailers15:
I like him but he seems too much of a project. Not a lot of PT. Missed a whole bunch of games his rs freshman yr. no doubt he had some stud games the next yr.
He shows the talent. More of a mid rd pick imo

theres a reason why hes mocked in the top 5. He had limited time on the field, but he was one of the best cbs in the country. The only issue to me is the hamstring issues. Those are super naggy and could plague his career.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Scouts believe his hamstring issues could be chronic.
Espn doing a live mock and mel and Mcshay has us taking lattimore...would be underwhelming imo
Share 49ersWebzone