LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

2017 NFL Draft BUST PREDICTIONS

Kizer, Adoree Jackson, Tim Williams
NOT Jonathan Allen. If Myles G. falls to us because the Browns always miss in the draft, then we take him. Otherwise, you know how it goes, it's always best player available up top for the smart organizations. That means JA! Can you imagine the level of anxiety Browns are feeling having the single most important pick in the draft #1 overall and there are all of these so called draft busts you all have mentioned?
[ Edited by LionHeartofGold on Feb 12, 2017 at 11:33 AM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Every player who gets picked in the first round is going to be a bust. BOOK IT!!! #
Originally posted by saniner:
Kizer, Adoree Jackson, Tim Williams

Can you be a bust as a 3rd round pick? At worst, Jackson can return kicks. Even if he doesn't pan out as a CB, I'd have a hard time calling a decent returner who was a late 2nd/3rd round pick a bust. That term is usually reserved for first round picks.
Kizer.
  • Andra
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Draftology:
Watson is the layup here. His skills do not translate to the NFL.

I've asked this in several forums but I never get an answer, can someone who picked Trubisky point to anything besides the 13 starts?

I saw a article about Bill Parcells requirements to draft a QB
1. 3 year starter
2. 23 wins
3. Graduate
4. Senior
Trubisky is 0-4 on this list
Originally posted by Andra:
1. 3 year starter
2. 23 wins
3. Graduate
4. Senior
Well based on those criteria Bill Parcells would not have picked Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Andrew Luck, Matt Ryan, Ben Roethlisberger, or Cam Newton
[ Edited by Draftology on Feb 12, 2017 at 1:16 PM ]
  • Andra
  • Veteran
Well based on those criteria Bill Parcells would not have picked Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Andrew Luck, Matt Ryan, Ben Roethlisberger, or Cam Newton

https://www.google.com/amp/www.ganggreennation.com/platform/amp/2016/4/4/11358586/how-accurate-are-the-bill-parcells-rules-for-drafting-quarterbacks?client=safari

Here's the link to the article most of those guys are 3 out of 4. Trubisky is 0-4
  • Andra
  • Veteran

https://www.google.com/amp/www.ganggreennation.com/platform/amp/2016/4/4/11358586/how-accurate-are-the-bill-parcells-rules-for-drafting-quarterbacks?client=safari

Here's the link to the article most of those guys are 3 out of 4. Trubisky is 0-4

I got a little over zealous. Cam was 1-4. Brady, Rodgers, and Rothlisberger were 2-4. Luck and Ryan 3-4
1. 3 year starter
2. 23 wins
3. Graduate
4. Senior

Tebow is 4-0 on this list

• Andra
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ERFANb4Uwas:
Tebow is 4-0 on this list

Lets sign him.
Like someone else said it's more of an art than a science. But I think it's a good basis for looking for a QB.

I got a little over zealous. Cam was 1-4. Brady, Rodgers, and Rothlisberger were 2-4. Luck and Ryan 3-4
I see your point. But inexperience (which all of these are indicators of) should show up on the field. Trubisky shows up on the field.
  • Andra
  • Veteran
I see your point. But inexperience (which all of these are indicators of) should show up on the field. Trubisky shows up on the field.

That's true. dude looks good on film. I haven't watched his film on draftbreakdown in a while but I seem to remember really likings his come back game against Stanford.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
MY TOP 5 MOST OVERRATED PLAYERS IN THIS YEAR'S DRAFT..

1) Mitch Trubisky - just not ready in my opinion

2) Jamal Adams - I saw lots of Sean Taylor when he played, and I don't see how Adams is being compared to him

3) Tim Williams - last year, i hated to see how Leonard Floyd was listed all over the top 10 to 15, this year, I see the same with Tim Williams..

4) Dalvin Cook - from the day he took over at FSU, I saw nothing from him but Alabama's Trent Richardson

5) Leonard Fournette - the only reason why I have him listed here is because there are times he reminds me of the great Eddie George... then there are times that he scares me when I see the late Lawrence Phillips in him..
Mike Williams because he doesn't have different moves coming off the line of scrimmage to gain separation from opposing DBs.
Share 49ersWebzone