LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

TJ Watt OLB Wisconsin

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by joaosoarrs99:
Very good player who could play 43 DE and have an instant impact. Would be perfect if he survived the first round and were there for our second round pick

I think if you draft him you have to play him as a LB, dont see him as a DE.

He would also make a good Sam but I think he has more value and would be better as a DE.
This guy's combine makes zero sense. I'm still trying to wrap my head around it and marry the combine results with the tape, but it's not happening.
Very good player who could play 43 DE and have an instant impact. Would be perfect if he survived the first round and were there for our second round pick

He would also make a good Sam but I think he has more value and would be better as a DE.

idk, he is only 245 and he is 6'5 so that is a slender frame in football standards for someone that tall. Id say put him at strong side LB. He would play the same role as Vic Beasley. They are the same weight but TJ is a couple inches taller

If Garrett falls to us at #2 and we get Watt in the 2nd, our front seven could turn that defense from worst to first. That pass rush would be so insane!
[ Edited by JustinNiner on Mar 16, 2017 at 8:41 PM ]
I remembered the Green Bay was draft TJ Watt for 2nd round. And the people rumors about him. Then Green Bay was afraid lost about him. Green Bay was changed mind and draft him for 1st round and next is Falcons want draft him too.

If we draft him at 2nd round. He can play OLB and Sam as DE. He can tackle on RB and QB, too. He is pretty good. I believe that JJ Watt always teach his brothers about sack on QB and RB too.

We must grab to TJ Watt at 2nd round.
Originally posted by BuZzB05:
I remembered the Green Bay was draft TJ Watt for 2nd round. And the people rumors about him. Then Green Bay was afraid lost about him. Green Bay was changed mind and draft him for 1st round and next is Falcons want draft him too.

If we draft him at 2nd round. He can play OLB and Sam as DE. He can tackle on RB and QB, too. He is pretty good. I believe that JJ Watt always teach his brothers about sack on QB and RB too.

We must grab to TJ Watt at 2nd round.

i agree! i can see packers giving him a good look to play alongside clay and be his heir. They are mirror images of each other.

i totally forgot though that TJ has been hurt for most of his college career with multiple need injuries. That scares me a bit.

Completely agree

Also we could trade up into the bottom of the 1st to get him

I think he'll end up being one of the stars of this draft

Agree

I think w/his strength and speed, hustle he'll be a terror for Offenses
I think he starts off at SAM and does well, let's us use him like Vic Beasley. I think if we want him to he will bulk up for LEO in a year or two. Makes a ton of sense at #34
Seems like most are unware of TJ Watt's durability concerns. I believe he tore his ACL twice.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Seems like most are unware of TJ Watt's durability concerns. I believe he tore his ACL twice.

So did a certain 3rd round RB we drafted

Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
So did a certain 3rd round RB we drafted

I hope you weren't one of those tossing around Baalke-ACL jokes.
[ Edited by Heroism on Apr 2, 2017 at 2:29 PM ]
I hope you weren't one of those tossing around Baalke-ACL jokes.

No, but to be fair the biggest issue with ACL's is that you don't know how the recovery will go, it's reassuring to see someone come back from an ACL and produce, so to do it twice should help you be confident it won't be an issue.

Are you sure? He is still injured now? Show me the links or site if he had tore his ACL twice this year?! How many games that he missed the games in 2016
[ Edited by BuZzB05 on Apr 3, 2017 at 8:25 AM ]
http://dal.247sports.com/Bolt/Dallas-Cowboys-work-out-star-Wisconsin-pass-rusher-TJ-Watt-52067265
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Share 49ersWebzone