LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 449 users in the forums

Sleeper ILB Haason Reddick (2nd Round Target)

ILB Haason Reddick-6'2 240lbs
NFL COMPARISON Ryan Shazier

LEAD NATION IN TFLS 22.5 tackles for loss

Reddick's athleticism has blossomed over the past two seasons for the Owls. The former high school running back and safety showed flashes as a pass rusher in his redshirt freshman (14 tackles, four for loss, one sack) and sophomore (23 tackles, seven TFL, 1.5 sacks) seasons. Reddick and teammate Dion Dawkins got into trouble for an assault outside a Philadelphia nightclub in March 2015, but was not suspended. He was selected for honorable mention All-American Athletic Conference honors that year, starting 12 times, making 45 tackles, 12.5 for loss, and five sacks. The Camden, New Jersey native garnered first-team all-conference recognition for head coach Matt Rhule as a senior, finishing third in the nation with and leading the Owls with 10.5 sacks.

STRENGTHS Explosive, quick-twitch athlete. Great flexibility with loose hips to turn, twist, and chase. Excellent reactive quickness and change-of-direction agility. Dynamic playmaker in space. Locks onto targets and instantly accelerates to the ball. Finished 2016 regular season with 21.5 tackles for loss. Fluid mover around field. Has chase range over extended territory. Eyes work past blockers and into backfield. Slips and slides around the edge and through small creases. Always working feet into improved positioning after contact. Came in as a defensive back and has experience on all three levels. Has athleticism in space and necessary instincts to be legit cover talent as linebacker. Rushes with good bend and forward lean. Difficult to handle on tackle/end twists back inside. Turns corner with tight track to quarterback once he pries the edge open.

[ Edited by jerseyniner49 on Feb 8, 2017 at 5:28 AM ]
Don't think he's much of a sleeper after the senior bowl. Kid really helped himself.

I do like him a lot though. He'd be a great pick in the 2nd.
Would love this guy next to Bowman OMG
Originally posted by jerseyniner49:
Would love this guy next to Bowman OMG

Haason Chop!

Not a sleeper at all. Already seen him go first round in a couple mocks.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Not a sleeper at all. Already seen him go first round in a couple mocks.

Agreed, he will go between 24-32. I would love to see us trade back up to grab him.
He's not a sleeper. Fans may be surprised how early he's drafted, but teams will fall in love with his athleticism and ability to fit any scheme.

He should thrive in an attacking defense. The Steelers come to mind. The Pats will be interesting to watch as Hightower's contract situation plays out. He could find himself in that 25-32 range. Reddick's workouts will turn heads and he'll continue to rise up until the draft.
LMAO forget the sleeper part understood just want him in red and gold
Plenty of 1st round talent at ILB, someone will drop to us in the 2nd..foster, cunningham, davis, McMillan, reddick...then you've got guys like anzalone and beckwith who will drop even further due to injury...a lot of oppurtunity to bolster our lb corps this draft. Absolutely no reason to reach on foster at #2
Sounds like a New England pick at 32, especially if Hightower leaves

Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Plenty of 1st round talent at ILB, someone will drop to us in the 2nd..foster, cunningham, davis, McMillan, reddick...then you've got guys like anzalone and beckwith who will drop even further due to injury...a lot of oppurtunity to bolster our lb corps this draft. Absolutely no reason to reach on foster at #2

Agree. I love Foster, but top 5 just feels wrong. We're not talking about a LB with sub 4.5 speed. Foster really should be just outside of the top 10.

LOL at Reddick as a sleeper, no offense, but agree that he's an exciting prospect. I wouldn't mind KC drafting him at the back of rd 1 or SF early rd 2.

Another ILB that I'm high on lately is WF's Marquel Lee... who I see as a rd 3 guy.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
If we can trade down w/the Jets, then draft FOSTER... it would be a good idea then to do what Baalke did last year getting back to the late 1st round and if draft REDDICK...

our front 7 improves immediately whether or not it's under 3-4 or 4-3..

REDDICK - FOSTER - BOWMAN
He looks strong as hell too, anything he touched was getting pushed backwards
He's an interesting guy, based on his skill set he could project to any linebacker spot in a 4-3 or 3-4.
Starting with Arizona a bunch of teams will look at him
Share 49ersWebzone