LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 270 users in the forums

a way to rebuild the niners

You heard it hear first the Chicago bears will trade the number 3 overall pick to the pats for jimmy G instead of the 49ers because the niners just don't think Jimmy G is worth trading there 2 overall pick for him they would trade there 2nd round pick and some other picks but the bears will do it because jimmy G is from the Chicago area that's where he went to college and the niners wont get kirk cousins either even though kyle wants kirk cousins or jimmy G as his 1A options the cost of doing business is just too steep the redskins would want 2 1st round picks and the pats wont trade jimmy G unless its a top 10 pick so then kyle will go with another option some people might not be happy with but it will be a stop gap qb for a couple years until the future qb is ready to be the guy so kyle will sign jay cutler after the bears release him and then kyle will either draft the future qb with the number 2 pick maybe mitch trubisky or just take the best college prospect at that pick and then trade back up in the back end of the first round and take pat mahommes from texas tech and have him sit for a year or 2 its a tough call to make but I would maybe sign jay cutler even though I'm not a big fan and have him play as a stop gab and draft a guy like pat mahommes in the late first round and with the second overall pick take the best overall player there in leonard fournette or Rueben foster but its not a easy decision all I know is that you have to find a franchise qb and if you don't find one you wont be a winning franchise and you will be stock in a black hole like the lousy Cleveland browns lol !
cliffs?
Originally posted by genus49:
cliffs?

Bears trade 3 for Jimmy G
49ers sign Cutler
Can't understand the rest
the 49ers will sign jay cutler because that will be the cheapest option without giving up high draft picks and they will need a veteran QB for a couple years but also have to draft a future qb to groom and develop so its either mitch trubisky or Deshaun Watson with that top pick or pat mahommes with the second round pick and draft leonard fournette or Rueben foster or mike Williams with that top pick and they will have to be aggressive in free agency and sign some guys for the df and draft guys for there offense but who knows which way kyle and john lynch will go with it
punctuationfordummies.com
A team would be crazy to give that high of a pick for Jimmy G, no way NE gets a high 1st round pick for him..
yeah it would be crazy but that's the rumors coming out of Chicago they want jimmy G real bad and it looks like the pats are gonna fleece some sucker and get a high picks its just crazy but it might actually happen
Originally posted by jersey49er:
A team would be crazy to give that high of a pick for Jimmy G, no way NE gets a high 1st round pick for him..

I don't think spending a high first round draft pick trying to get a franchise QB is crazy. People said the fact the Patriots are willing to trade his means he isn't good. Now it sounds like the Pats will only take a top 10 pick for him. They are the only ones that know for sure what they have and they are putting that big of a price tag on him says they think really highly of him.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

I don't think spending a high first round draft pick trying to get a franchise QB is crazy. People said the fact the Patriots are willing to trade his means he isn't good. Now it sounds like the Pats will only take a top 10 pick for him. They are the only ones that know for sure what they have and they are putting that big of a price tag on him says they think really highly of him.

yeah I don't think anyone gives a 1st unless its 25 or later but those teams don't need him..if he gets traded id expect the price to be two 2nd round picks and a 4th..
the 2 games I saw Jimmy G play he looked pretty good and I think he could be a good qb but what scares me is that is a real small sample size but the people in new England really like Jimmy G a lot and they think he could be there future qb but the great tom brady wants to play another 5 years so I bet u the pats will trade Jimmy G if someone offers a top 10 pick but that's a very steep price if your not sure if he is a franchise qb its just a tough decision because if the niners would trade that number 2 pick and he isn't a franchise guy then your screwed and you will be fired eventually

Originally posted by Hysterikal:

yeah I don't think anyone gives a 1st unless its 25 or later but those teams don't need him..if he gets traded id expect the price to be two 2nd round picks and a 4th..

I think teams have to consider the QBs in this draft. If your going to draft a QB in the top 10 why not just trade that pick for a QB who looks better in my opinion than any of the draft eligible QBs.
Thiz thread is about Jimmy G and tha bears so how is that rebuilding tha 9ers??? Why aint all this rambling in tha Jimmy G thread???
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Thiz thread is about Jimmy G and tha bears so how is that rebuilding tha 9ers??? Why aint all this rambling in tha Jimmy G thread???

Yeah...rebuild the Niners is going to have to start with our 32nd ranked D....
Here's what I can see happening...the Niners will offer up a #2 pick & get Garrapolo. They'll also trade down from their #2 pick to get another 2nd rounder +. That should give 'em at least 12 picks in this year's draft. They have $96M in cap space once Kap opts out. They'll spend a good deal of it...to acquire some key vets to augment their younger players. Between FA and the draft, there's no reason they shouldn't be able to significantly improve their roster.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
well the bears are smart. All that can be watched says Jimmy g can perform at this level, and perform well. Trubs has no proof he can. Jimmy is worth more at 2 then trubs
Share 49ersWebzone