4. Jonathan Allen
5. Marshon Lattimore
6. Leonard Fournette
7. Reuben Foster
8. Mike Williams
9. Dalvin Cook
10. Solomon Thomas
Originally posted by gored49:
I heard MadDog retired. He is worried that it won't be as easy to claim victory (understandably) comparing his drafting to Baalke.

Good to see he'll be posting again though.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Hi to all! Been in the bunker far too long, but...
First board coming up after combine. Looking forward to trading notes with all of you soon.

-MD

MadDog, can you give us a preview on where the top 3 QBs will be ranked at least generally on your board? So much conflicting data and perspectives that it would be good to get some further insight from you.
  • GORO
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Here's my honest as much as I know quickie top 10 big board:

1. Myles Garrett
2. Malik Hooker
3. Jamal Adams
4. Jonathan Allen
5. Marshon Lattimore
6. Leonard Fournette
7. Reuben Foster
8. Mike Williams
9. Dalvin Cook
10. Solomon Thomas
Love Hooker, if we did not have so many safeties on this team I would want him a 49er
  • GORO
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerfan84:
MadDog, can you give us a preview on where the top 3 QBs will be ranked at least generally on your board? So much conflicting data and perspectives that it would be good to get some further insight from you.

Yes please but maybe top 5
First board coming up after combine. Looking forward to trading notes with all of you soon.

-MD

Looking forward to it! You and OTC are amazing during draft seasons!
  • dmax
  • Veteran
hell yeah Mad Dog is back...he should have been
our GM

Not sure where I will rank them on my board. Still in evaluation mode. But, I am very confident a QB will be taken at number one overall, whether it is the Browns or someone moving up. I think the QB Draft order will be Trubisky, Watson, Kizer.

I know a lot of people are down on this QB class. I am not as sour, and project at least two of these guys to be solid franchise QBs. Here was my best board last year before the draft for the first 14 players

1 Jalen Ramsey Florida St
2 Ezekiel Elliott Ohio St
3 DeForest Buckner Oregon
4 Laremy Tunsil Mississippi
5 Carson Wentz North Dakota St
6 Joey Bosa Ohio St
7 Ronnie Stanley Notre Dame
8 Josh Doctson TCU
9 Jack Conklin Michigan St
10 Corey Coleman Baylor
11 Karl Joseph West Virginia
12 Jared Goff Cal
13 Sterling Shepard Oklahoma
14 Ryan Kelly Alabama
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Feb 9, 2017 at 2:38 PM ]
Originally posted by GORO:

1. Myles Garrett
2. Malik Hooker
3. Jamal Adams
4. Jonathan Allen
5. Marshon Lattimore
6. Leonard Fournette
7. Reuben Foster
8. Mike Williams
9. Dalvin Cook
10. Solomon Thomas
Love Hooker, if we did not have so many safeties on this team I would want him a 49er

Hooker and blow!

1. Myles Garrett
2. Malik Hooker
3. Jamal Adams
4. Jonathan Allen
5. Marshon Lattimore
6. Leonard Fournette
7. Reuben Foster
8. Mike Williams
9. Dalvin Cook
10. Solomon Thomas

Not bad. Still working on mine. Have a ton of players to still add in (haven't done any CBs, WRs, O-Line, very few LBs). Only finished looking at 61 players.

My 1st round grades:

1. Myles Garrett, Edge
2. Leonard Fournette, RB
3. Malik Hooker, S
4. Jonathan Allen, DT
5. Jamal Adams, S
6. Solomon Thomas, DT
7. Tim Williams, Edge
8. Patrick Mahomes, QB
9. Deshaun Watson, QB
10. Malik McDowell, Edge
11. Mitch Tribusky, QB
12. Dalvin Cook, RB
13. Christian McCaffrey, RB
14. Jordan Willis, Edge

Not sure where I will rank them on my board. Still in evaluation mode. But, I am very confident a QB will be taken at number one overall, whether it is the Browns or someone moving up. I think the QB Draft order will be Trubisky, Watson, Kizer.

I know a lot of people are down on this QB class. I am not as sour, and project at least two of these guys to be solid franchise QBs. Here was my best board last year before the draft for the first 14 players

1 Jalen Ramsey Florida St
2 Ezekiel Elliott Ohio St
3 DeForest Buckner Oregon
4 Laremy Tunsil Mississippi
5 Carson Wentz North Dakota St
6 Joey Bosa Ohio St
7 Ronnie Stanley Notre Dame
8 Josh Doctson TCU
9 Jack Conklin Michigan St
10 Corey Coleman Baylor
11 Karl Joseph West Virginia
12 Jared Goff Cal
13 Sterling Shepard Oklahoma
14 Ryan Kelly Alabama

Sun, so last yr MD had Wentz at #5 and Goff at #12...and what happened. Bingo, bango, bongo... 1 and 2. And that is exactly what i think will happen again this yr....top 3 qBs go quick, maybe mahomes before #10, and Peterman could easily go end of rd 1, with rd 2 running a risk of him being gone with pick #33.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Sun, so last yr MD had Wentz at #5 and Goff at #12...and what happened. Bingo, bango, bongo... 1 and 2. And that is exactly what i think will happen again this yr....top 3 qBs go quick, maybe mahomes before #10, and Peterman could easily go end of rd 1, with rd 2 running a risk of him being gone with pick #33.

I agree with you on the over drafting of QBs, its inevitable

-MD

Boom!

-MD

Hey MD, please gauge Myles Garrett with video before the injury. Thx.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

I had these players graded at 5 and 12. I projected them to go at the top which they did because QBs go so fast. That is why I think a QB will go probably at 1 and 3, or maybe 1 and 2 again.
Share 49ersWebzone