Curtis Samuel RB/WR Ohio State Buckeyes

2016:

74 Rec
865 Yards
7 TD

97 Rush
771 Yards
8 TD

Reportedly ran a 4.36 in HS. Being compared to Percy Harvin without the head problems. No pun intended. He would be the ultimate back in Shanahan's system like Freeman. Best fit at the position for us.
I absolutely love this kid. He is part of a mock draft I have been working on. I project him as a 3rd rounder but when he runs a sub 4.35 he will be the talk of the combine. At that point I wouldn't doubt he sneaks into the first round. I compare him to Percy Harvin with better top end speed. He would fit beautifully in Shanahans system where he likes to put RBs in the slot and even split out wide. He is a perfect fit IMO.
Is He running tomorrow? I would like to see him in the second round if he is anywhere around a 4.4 in the 40. Nice to have on third down making the other team guess RB or WR. Shanahan could find way to get him good look and mismatches.
Originally posted by JBrack:
I absolutely love this kid. He is part of a mock draft I have been working on. I project him as a 3rd rounder but when he runs a sub 4.35 he will be the talk of the combine. At that point I wouldn't doubt he sneaks into the first round. I compare him to Percy Harvin with better top end speed. He would fit beautifully in Shanahans system where he likes to put RBs in the slot and even split out wide. He is a perfect fit IMO.

If he somehow ends up at the top of the 3rd there is no way you can pass on him, but I still have him as a solid 2nd. I think Shanny could find some great ways to utilize this kids talent.
He is terrific! Stuck in a nightmare offense this year at OSU. He was about the only offense they had.
Top of the 2nd round back up RB 3rd down back and can also work out of the slot WR hope we get him.
4.31. Fast. Seems like the type of guy who Shanahan can use.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
He is terrific! Stuck in a nightmare offense this year at OSU. He was about the only offense they had.

This. Now that he ran a 4.31 40 he will shoot up draft board.
4.31...daaaaamn. Really like this kid a lot. To me he's a nice option for anyone who misses out on McCaffrey. Multi-dimensional athlete who could thrive at RB and from the slot.

I look for him to go top half of the 2nd rd.
The other impressive thing about Samuel is that he has huge hands for a smaller receiver. 9 1/2" is larger than Mike Williams' hands (9 3/8").

Fast, strong, with decent length, big hands, and good explosion (jumps) is a good combination. 3 cone will be important for him too, but he's making a lot of money.

Originally posted by SofaKing:
4.31...daaaaamn. Really like this kid a lot. To me he's a nice option for anyone who misses out on McCaffrey. Multi-dimensional athlete who could thrive at RB and from the slot.

I could see him at #34 for the Niners. Obviously the Niners need an explosive WR.
According to his nfl.com profile, it seems like he passed on the 3 cone drill and 60 yd shuttle. I guess his goal was to show off his straight line speed.
Swiss army knife for Shanahan?
  • PGENZ
  • Veteran
Beast! Ran in the 4.3's yesterday.

Can line up at WR/RB and is a home run threat.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

I agree, we will have a shot with the 2nd rounder. Maybe if there is a trade down and niners pick up an extra 2nd in the deal. Would be nice to come up with him and a DB in the 2nd.
Share 49ersWebzone