LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 279 users in the forums

Jordan Willis, DE/OLB

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Holy s**t, I just realized this guy had a 1.54 10-yard split at the combine lol.

I didn't find his tape to be that impressive, but his combine numbers are pretty ridiculous...

Yeah his game tape definitely doesn't reflect his combine numbers. But man if he figures it out, that 1.54 split is absolutely ridiculous!

He as 2nd in the nation in qb pressure...so there's that, I think he's a unfinished product

Exactly. The games I've watched, a lot of his pressures were from effort and motor, hardly ever seen him win with speed and agility. I believe like you, he's an unfinished product and can be very good if he puts it all together
Originally posted by 9moon:
say bye bye to your boy LYNCH, buddy !!!!

TRADE BAIT!!!!

Trade bait on his last yr of his contract? I doubt it but we will see
  • crew
  • Veteran
Would be fine with Willis, but would rather have Ryan Anderson in the 3rd RD.
Originally posted by crew:

They play different positions. Anderson is a stand-up linebacker in the NFL while Willis is an edge rusher (would play LEO for us).

I wouldn't be surprised to see Anderson move to ILB in the NFL since he's a good tackler and understands the game but is a limited athlete with very short arms. He doesn't add much as a pass rusher and could probably be exploited in coverage, but he's decent in run support. Saban thinks he could be an ILB at the next level.

https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/saban-ryan-anderson-ilb-nfl
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Holy s**t, I just realized this guy had a 1.54 10-yard split at the combine lol.

I didn't find his tape to be that impressive, but his combine numbers are pretty ridiculous...

Yeah his game tape definitely doesn't reflect his combine numbers. But man if he figures it out, that 1.54 split is absolutely ridiculous!

He as 2nd in the nation in qb pressure...so there's that, I think he's a unfinished product

Exactly. The games I've watched, a lot of his pressures were from effort and motor, hardly ever seen him win with speed and agility. I believe like you, he's an unfinished product and can be very good if he puts it all together

Yeah, that's a lot of QB pressures but like you said, he's starting to put it together but still needs refinement at the next level, coaching and development. But if he is able to put it all together...

His numbers back up his growth in college too. TFL = 1, 7, 14 & 17.5 as do his closing of those QB pressures in Sacks = 1, 4.5, 8.5 & 11.5

That's the growth you want to see in a college player when projecting to the next level.
Definite candidate for our 2nd round pick. I am really interested to see how our defense would look next year with two true impact players.
SAM, WILL or LEO?

This guy looks like a SAM in the Niners' defense.
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
SAM, WILL or LEO?

Would he be the best "burst and wreck that play in the backfield" player on our team? If so, he'd play Elephant 🐘.
[ Edited by Lobo49er on Apr 10, 2017 at 4:07 PM ]
Originally posted by crew:

I like Anderson too
Originally posted by Lobo49er:
SAM, WILL or LEO?

Would he be the best "burst and wreck that play in the backfield" player on our team? If so, he'd play Elephant 🐘.

The elephant is like the LEO in this system, and I don't think that's the best place for Willis. I'd rather ha played at the SAM.

SAM, WILL or LEO?

The elephant is like the LEO in this system, and I don't think that's the best place for Willis. I'd rather ha played at the SAM

If he's an edge rusher, he'll rush from both sides (Elephant and SAM). They are interchangeable in this defense in the nickel.
Originally posted by NCommand:
SAM, WILL or LEO?

The elephant is like the LEO in this system, and I don't think that's the best place for Willis. I'd rather ha played at the SAM

If he's an edge rusher, he'll rush from both sides (Elephant and SAM). They are interchangeable in this defense in the nickel.

He sounds perfect for SAM in base then slide to DE in nickel.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
He sounds perfect for SAM in base then slide to DE in nickel.

His combine numbers were better than Avrils. I dont want Willis dropping into coverage. He needs to do two things: get after the QB and set the edge and he is fantastic at both.

I want this guy at LEO. He is relentless. He is smart. He is strong. Im all for a trade up from 34 to get infront of ATL to get this guy.

Watch him vs Stanford. I lost track of how many plays this cat made.

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DFg4X-8fNx0A&ved=0ahUKEwj16_i8_6HTAhXL34MKHbOiBjQQt9IBCHowGQ&usg=AFQjCNHzFKhIrMSeywoJ2Jj4kKFrMW4mQg
[ Edited by SteveYoung on Apr 13, 2017 at 11:09 AM ]

Absolutely without a doubt.
He's my 2nd favorite EDGE guy behind Barnett.

I could live with a Hooker/Willis draft.
Share 49ersWebzone