LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 214 users in the forums

Joe Mixon not invited to the combine

Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
All I know about him is he decked that girl. Where was this guy projected to drafted at before the incident and what are his strengths?

He might be a late 1st or early 2nd rounder without having punched out a girl on camera.

In the current climate, he's going to have a rough time of it but the talent is elite, he's just a scumbag.

Thanks. I hate to say it, but if he's that type of talent I'd definitely take him in the 3rd/4th

Yeah i wouldnt even mess around...if we can get a qb in free agency.. i say u spend that third...he is a top 15 talent easily... man he is gonna be a pro bowler hands down
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by strickac:
Still want him. He's a stud

If his character checks out, I'd be all in. No denying his talent, I think he'll be a really good pro. We need a 3-down style RB with Hyde being injury prone and in the last year of his deal.

He isnt a 3 down back...he split carries....he will be the flash carlos is the power
WE HAVE TO RESIGN CARLOS..HOPEFULLY BEFORE THE SEASON STARTS
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
LeGarrette Blount all over again !!
Glad he's gonna lose alot of money for breaking a women's face.
I'd draft this kid in a heartbeat. How many teams you think are kicking themselves for passing on Tyreek Hill. Hyde and Mixon as our 2 backs in Shanahan offense would give Freeman and Coleman a competition
Originally posted by gold49er2183:

The racist rich white girl who has a nice long criminal background who was calling him the N word and spit on him. Context.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
He'll definitely get drafted imo. NFL's conduct policy prohibits any prospect with a domestic violence incident from participating in the combine. Otherwise he definitely would have been invited. Every year several guys not invited get drafted as well. The incident itself will hurt him more than missing the combine.

So Dede Westbrook didn't get an invite either?
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

The racist rich white girl who has a nice long criminal background who was calling him the N word and spit on him. Context.

I dont know that this excuses violence.
Member Milestone: This is post number 600 for SteveYoung.
Screw this guy. They make a bunch of comments to the girl and her gay friend. Follow them into the restaurant and continue saying vulgar stuff. She follows suit with the N word to someone at the table, she slaps him, he spits on her and decks her. That's the story.

No thanks to this guy. Anyone who decks a woman like that has no business on my football team. None.

We went through how many troubled players. That sort of drama kills team chemistry. We are trying to build a new identity and we need to build this team with leaders. Not thugs who hit women.

There are plenty of good backs in the draft. Let Mixon and all his baggage go to the Seahawks. Mixon and Carroll would fit well together.

Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

I dont know that this excuses violence.

She initiated the conflict. Punched him, grabbed his neck. She doesn't deserve a payout, IMO.
Originally posted by SteveYoung:
Screw this guy. They make a bunch of comments to the girl and her gay friend. Follow them into the restaurant and continue saying vulgar stuff. She follows suit with the N word to someone at the table, she slaps him, he spits on her and decks her. That's the story.

No thanks to this guy. Anyone who decks a woman like that has no business on my football team. None.

We went through how many troubled players. That sort of drama kills team chemistry. We are trying to build a new identity and we need to build this team with leaders. Not thugs who hit women.

There are plenty of good backs in the draft. Let Mixon and all his baggage go to the Seahawks. Mixon and Carroll would fit well together.

He is an a*****e, but I don't think that story is quite accurate, but only based on what I heard. I'm sure I'll hear about it at work from the OU fans, though.
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
She initiated the conflict. Punched him, grabbed his neck. She doesn't deserve a payout, IMO.

Key word 'She'

Mixon should have been a man and walked away. It's as simple as that. Instead he chose to make fun of a gay kid and follow him inside and keep saying stuff to the kid. He started it. She was defending her friend against Mixon.

Mixon is a punk. Plain and simple. Ray McDonald, Ahmad Brooks, Aldon Smith, Crabtree and the rape claims before the Super bowl.

We have had juat about enough drama for one team.

If we were talking about Mixon in the 7th or as an UDFA maybe then but not a premium pick. No chance.
[ Edited by SteveYoung on Feb 4, 2017 at 6:01 AM ]
He is an a*****e, but I don't think that story is quite accurate, but only based on what I heard. I'm sure I'll hear about it at work from the OU fans, though.

The cops tell the story

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3Du6OgYr25fDA&ved=0ahUKEwjnoLuUy_bRAhUr7YMKHRArAFMQtwIIKTAF&usg=AFQjCNGs4k478wVA9nXlTQCGPal1LK1NNg
[ Edited by SteveYoung on Feb 4, 2017 at 5:58 AM ]
Originally posted by SteveYoung:

The cops tell the story

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3Du6OgYr25fDA&ved=0ahUKEwjnoLuUy_bRAhUr7YMKHRArAFMQtwIIKTAF&usg=AFQjCNGs4k478wVA9nXlTQCGPal1LK1NNg

I'll have to watch the video later, but the TMZ story... yeah, I don't expect accurate reporting.

I don't disagree that Mixon is an ass, just not for this altercation alone.

For this one, all was avoidable had the girl not behaved how she did. In the video of the violence, Mixon didn't even go to talk to her, but her friend. He was telling her friend no worries, he and his buddies weren't out to jump him, again, based on what I was told about the story. But, the video sort of supports that, but you can't hear what is said.

Anyway, it isn't right that her behavior is excused, and she shouldn't be rewarded for it. Never attack another individual and expect to be free from consequences.
Share 49ersWebzone