LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 230 users in the forums

Pierre Garcon WHY???? Draft/Offseason related

Originally posted by gored49:
I didn't state that amount originally. That is based off what SofaKing said and I've also seen other people on this board say that much is how much they would be willing to spend.

I see...I don't think he's gonna get $8 million a yr IMO. He's a quality #2 that relies on good route running and playing tough football. He blocks down field and knows Kyle's offense. In all he's just a good football player.

People got to realize we have 53 man roster, it's not gonna be chalk full of #1 WRs lol (this isn't bball) if we could land garçon with a guy like Davis plus smith's speed that's a huge upgrade at the wr position.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I didn't state that amount originally. That is based off what SofaKing said and I've also seen other people on this board say that much is how much they would be willing to spend.

I see...I don't think he's gonna get $8 million a yr IMO. He's a quality #2 that relies on good route running and playing tough football. He blocks down field and knows Kyle's offense. In all he's just a good football player.

People got to realize we have 53 man roster, it's not gonna be chalk full of #1 WRs lol (this isn't bball) if we could land garçon with a guy like Davis plus smith's speed that's a huge upgrade at the wr position.

Your really sold on Corey Davis. I was on the fence about him and wanted to see his speed at the combine.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Your really sold on Corey Davis. I was on the fence about him and wanted to see his speed at the combine.

I am...he's such a polished route runner very smooth out there. I don't want to say it but I see some TO in him (football wise) lol. I think another comp would be Alshon Jeffery.
Originally posted by strickac:
Doubt he gets $7M/yr. He was Tenn's best WR last year, but they only used him situationally.

Bet he gets more than Kerley who is basically the same player

Kerley should definitely been resigned

To add to that. This is a third offseason of a different scheme installation. With a young team, having a guy like Garcon who is not only an experienced NFL receiver but experienced in Kyle's system, that is a great crutch to lean on for a team on it's third different offense in its third offseason.

Just to clarify, I don't know how much Garcon is going to command either. I went with $8 mil/year based on spotrac's market value, which is based on what other players of similar age and production signed for in the past. Its not perfect, but probably around the same ballpark of what he'll sign for.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/washington-redskins/pierre-garcon-5014/market-value/
NO!!!

Alshon Jeffery
Share 49ersWebzone