LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 447 users in the forums

Kyle shanahan will draft o-line

Originally posted by gold49er2183:
It's scary that can Johnson is a top oline prospect after watching Derrick Barnett wipe the floor with him.

Cam Robinson?
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Pat Elflein - one of the best G and C in the draft, I think the new offense will need a quality starter at C but I don't think we need to draft more than one very high. Will still have Kilgore, Garnett and Beadles

Elflein is overrated. Watch the film. Not the draft boards. Has problems sustaining blocks and isn't explosive.
[ Edited by TheNef77 on Feb 2, 2017 at 9:19 AM ]
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Cam Robinson?

Yes typo
Originally posted by Boldjames:
"You need to be able to run," Shanahan said. "It's not necessarily always the 40. You need quickness. I had some bigger guys in Cleveland that I did in Washington and there were some pluses to it and some minuses. Everyone wants a huge player who can run faster than everyone else. Until they allow me to spend top pick on linemen five years in a row that's not going to happen. You have to find other ways to get by."

http://www.ajc.com/sports/falcons-shanahan-brings-zone-scheme-line/NSgbHxxQXVxcYYS8bZSQmJ/

Willing to bet out of our first 5 picks at least 3 will be OL

Guys I think he will target:
Cam Robinson-OT
Ethan Pocic/Pat Elflein - C
Forrest Lamp-LT/G
Dorian Johnson-G
Dan Feeney-G
Taylor Moton-RT

I hope Trent brown surprises us again but I just don't see it the guy is massive

I went to edit and it posted twice I'm sorry😶

Really good post!
Originally posted by tohara3:
Good read. We will see how Free Agency shakes out very quickly before he takes care of what he needs in the draft

This!

I'm hoping for OG Zeitler but I feel he'll either get tagged or they'll pay him.
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by tohara3:
Good read. We will see how Free Agency shakes out very quickly before he takes care of what he needs in the draft

This!

I'm hoping for OG Zeitler but I feel he'll either get tagged or they'll pay him.

Either Zeitlier or Dorian Johnson. People sleeping on DJ like they did Travis Frederick.
Zeitler is not an outside zone guard.
I've been saying it for years...you can never go wrong by investing in your lines, both offense and defense. TE's fit into that, too, especially in the running game. If you're a TE & you're going to play for Kyle Shanahan, you'd better know how to block. VMac can do that, not so sure about Celek or Bell, so I'd look at some of the FA TE's and definitely some in the draft. I've seen a lot of FA & college OL in a lot of mocks that don't fit the kind of tough, mobile players Shanahan wants to execute his ZBS. Defensively, there are similar requirements...even at the NT position. That's why our new leadership should pay the bucks to sign a guy like Brandon Williams. He'd be a great match with Armstead & Buckner, who can both move, as well. Once KS/JL complete their roster evaluation, we'll see some heads roll, no doubt about that. That's part of molding a team to achieve a level Shanahan's proven will win. It's going to be interesting to see how he/JL build our team...I'm excited, really excited for the first time in some years. Let's get it on.
You are on CRACK if you think 3 of the 5 first draft picks will be on OL.

Top need : QB
2. ILB
3. WR
4. OLB /pass rusher
5. NT
6. OL- that is right OL is low on the priority list.
LT- Joe Staley- err he is not going anywhere-first round pick
LG-Beadles- FA who can swing to tackle
C- Kilgore
RG-Garnett-1st round pick
RT- Trent Brown

Theus and Fahn back up OT's
Center- Balducci and Marcus Martin
Re sign Tiller- can back up both guard spots.

Boom, the team might draft NO OL with first five picks. But history shows they will spend at least 1 OL in top 5 picks
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Pat Elflein - one of the best G and C in the draft, I think the new offense will need a quality starter at C but I don't think we need to draft more than one very high. Will still have Kilgore, Garnett and Beadles

I'd rather go for the GB center in FA...they have two top 10 centers and won't be paying their "backup" Tretter with Linsley as their starter

Originally posted by 9erred:
You are on CRACK if you think 3 of the 5 first draft picks will be on OL.

Top need : QB
2. ILB
3. WR
4. OLB /pass rusher
5. NT
6. OL- that is right OL is low on the priority list.
LT- Joe Staley- err he is not going anywhere-first round pick
LG-Beadles- FA who can swing to tackle
C- Kilgore
RG-Garnett-1st round pick
RT- Trent Brown

Theus and Fahn back up OT's
Center- Balducci and Marcus Martin
Re sign Tiller- can back up both guard spots.

Boom, the team might draft NO OL with first five picks. But history shows they will spend at least 1 OL in top 5 picks

IMO we need a upgrade at center and RG (move Joshua to LG) both can be had in FA.
We definitely need an upgrade at C. I'm sure Shanahan saw the impact Alex Mack had on that Atlanta OL from one year to this one. Of course there are no Alex Mack type prospects in this class but we need a guy in the middle who can do a great job.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I've been saying it for years...you can never go wrong by investing in your lines, both offense and defense. TE's fit into that, too, especially in the running game. If you're a TE & you're going to play for Kyle Shanahan, you'd better know how to block. VMac can do that, not so sure about Celek or Bell, so I'd look at some of the FA TE's and definitely some in the draft. I've seen a lot of FA & college OL in a lot of mocks that don't fit the kind of tough, mobile players Shanahan wants to execute his ZBS. Defensively, there are similar requirements...even at the NT position. That's why our new leadership should pay the bucks to sign a guy like Brandon Williams. He'd be a great match with Armstead & Buckner, who can both move, as well. Once KS/JL complete their roster evaluation, we'll see some heads roll, no doubt about that. That's part of molding a team to achieve a level Shanahan's proven will win. It's going to be interesting to see how he/JL build our team...I'm excited, really excited for the first time in some years. Let's get it on.

There's this kid George Kittle from Iowa undersized at 6'4" 250 but he's a BEAST in the run game...can make plays as a receiver as well..expecting him to fall to 6-7 or hit FA

And for those of you that don't know forrest Lamp learn his name cause that kid is gonna be special
Center is absolutely a need. It's the most important position in the most important position group in Kyle's offense. Kilgore can't stay healthy, and Marcus Martin hasn't shown anything to remain positive about. Moving Beadles to center might be a solution, but that creates a hole at left guard.
[ Edited by Heroism on Feb 2, 2017 at 1:16 PM ]
They should beef the lines in free agency
Share 49ersWebzone