LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 374 users in the forums

Kyle shanahan will draft o-line

"You need to be able to run," Shanahan said. "It's not necessarily always the 40. You need quickness. I had some bigger guys in Cleveland that I did in Washington and there were some pluses to it and some minuses. Everyone wants a huge player who can run faster than everyone else. Until they allow me to spend top pick on linemen five years in a row that's not going to happen. You have to find other ways to get by."

http://www.ajc.com/sports/falcons-shanahan-brings-zone-scheme-line/NSgbHxxQXVxcYYS8bZSQmJ/

Willing to bet out of our first 5 picks at least 3 will be OL

Guys I think he will target:
Cam Robinson-OT
Ethan Pocic/Pat Elflein - C
Forrest Lamp-LT/G
Dorian Johnson-G
Dan Feeney-G
Taylor Moton-RT

I hope Trent brown surprises us again but I just don't see it the guy is massive

I went to edit and it posted twice I'm sorry😶
[ Edited by Boldjames on Feb 1, 2017 at 11:09 PM ]
Kyle would clamor for Ryan Ramcyzk before Cam Robinson. He's the best zone tackle in the draft. Ramcyzk has some of the best feet of any tackle you'll see. Extremely athletic with sound technique to boot.

Taylor Moton is not a outside zone tackle.

I wouldn't complain one bit if we invested in the line. I love Forrest Lamp, Dan Feeney or Ethan Pocic. All excellent fits for what Kyle is looking to do.
[ Edited by Heroism on Feb 1, 2017 at 11:13 PM ]
Good read. We will see how Free Agency shakes out very quickly before he takes care of what he needs in the draft
Originally posted by Heroism:
Kyle would clamor for Ryan Ramcyzk before Cam Robinson. He's the best zone tackle in the draft. Ramcyzk has some of the best feet of any tackle you'll see. Extremely athletic with sound technique to boot.

I wouldn't complain one bit if we invested in the line. I love Forrest Lamp, Dan Feeney or Ethan Pocic. All excellent fits for what Kyle is looking to do.

we must get him

I love Forrest Lamp, he can be dominant at tackle or guard
I'd rather he SIGNS O-linemen than draft them.

Unless it's that guard from Notre Dame; that dude's gonna be great. So will Cam Robinson, but he'll go very high.
I dont mind at all if he drafts or signs O linemen. We havent emphasised the positions enough for years. Its just that, he may not, this year. We have some good young players and some unproven guys. And the line is nowhere near our weakest point.
Originally posted by Boldjames:

we must get him

I love Forrest Lamp, he can be dominant at tackle or guard

I love lamp
We should sign to OT Andrew Whitworth from Bengals.

Once again I agree with you!

Ramcyzk would be a great fit for us (gets comparisons to Joe Staley) I like Feeney as well. Garett Bolles is another guy to watch out for...he's older (will be 25 his rookie yr) so I'm guessing he will drop, but he's pretty athletic and a prefect fit for zone-blocking.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kyle brings in Chris Chester who's a FA this yr as well.
Originally posted by BuZzB05:
We should sign to OT Andrew Whitworth from Bengals.

no

The OLine prospects this year are not very good in my opinion. Thier maybe one here or there but as a whole it is a very average to below average class. Would rather find in FA and look to next year's OLine class.
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
Originally posted by stonecold590:
The OLine prospects this year are not very good in my opinion. Thier maybe one here or there but as a whole it is a very average to below average class. Would rather find in FA and look to next year's OLine class.

While the overall class may not be good, there's some nice looking prospects in the draft.
Originally posted by TheNef77:
Originally posted by stonecold590:

While the overall class may not be good, there's some nice looking prospects in the draft.

There are a couple yes but every team knows that and they will be targeting those couple. I definitely wouldn't reach for them this year next year will be better.
Pat Elflein - one of the best G and C in the draft, I think the new offense will need a quality starter at C but I don't think we need to draft more than one very high. Will still have Kilgore, Garnett and Beadles
It's scary that cam Johnson is a top oline prospect after watching Derrick Barnett wipe the floor with him.
[ Edited by gold49er2183 on Feb 2, 2017 at 9:19 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone