LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 310 users in the forums

If we trade Trent Brown for a draft pick...

Originally posted by TheXFactor:
One of our core young guys, you don't trade those.

Some zoners get in the paradigm because he was a 7th round pick he is not worth a big contract... that is garbage, a lot of udfa's and 6th and 7th round picks get huge paydays. The reason, they earned them. You do not trade away a starter that is competent at one of the important positions on the field.
Originally posted by English:
Why on earth would we trade him?

What sort of mind thinks of trading the best young OT seen around these parts since Joe Staley came on board? Is there or was there ANY thought given to this thread? Just off the cuff, this to me is like looking outisde and seeing a beautiful tree and then going out and chopping it down. It makes no sense. This topic is just flat out ridiculous and i wonder just exactly how old is the OP? thirteen? Twelve? Max 18. This is just nuts. You don't have a unique talent like Trenton and then just idly wonder how much he would bring in trade. That is just nuts. Sure people don't need to respond to something goofy like this, but even bringing it up....this just doesn't rise to the level of being even remotely serious. I'm not even remotely interested in WHY he brot it up, because it is so screwy. Please let's move on to something that has some semblance of not being half baked. And this is.

Trenton may be big, but he is also light on his feet, agile, and can dunk a basketball. Does that sound like a huge blob? On the field the kid was an immovable force, nobody got thru him, they had to go around him...and he made sure that took a while. In some games the passrushers got nowhere near our QB. He got beat a couple times in one game, but usually nobody got near the qB at the RT position..We have had just gack for an OL for 3-4 yrs now and then this yr, we get an anchor for the R side, Trenton, FA Zane, draft Garnett, and we got Tiller playing well. Yes our C needs an upgrade, but he is playing well enough to make our OL finally functional. And somebody even considers TRADING TRENTON? Jeez, if you are going to post, please make it at least somewhat reasonable. This just isn't.

If this was a spoof...ok, i bit. But if it was legit? C'mon...you can do way better than this.
How in the world would you ever give up a 23 year old tackle who looks to be an absolute stud. My God this kid is so good. He could be a mainstay here for 12 years. You never get rid of talent like that.
Wonder what the Pats would want for Brady? Maybe a 3rd since he was drafted so low?
Originally posted by justjim77:
Wonder what the Pats would want for Brady? Maybe a 3rd since he was drafted so low?

Perfect, Justjim.
ask their gm, john lynch.
I'd like to see the guy fail before shipping him off.
Based on what we've seen so far and Joe Staley's take on Brown, he's worth holding on to. Staley said Brown's abilities are off the charts already and will only get better the more he plays. You don't trade talented OT's for draft picks.
At this point, it's more likely AD unretires again and we trade him.
No dude is a mountain and is young

Originally posted by ayleswbj11:
How in the world would you ever give up a 23 year old tackle who looks to be an absolute stud. My God this kid is so good. He could be a mainstay here for 12 years. You never get rid of talent like that.

Not to mention, Trent Brown is the real reason Anthony Davis decided to re-retire.....He could'nt stand the fact that a 7th rounder beat him for his starting position.......Facts
If he works hard and continues to improve, he breaks the bank in a few years.
Originally posted by tohara3:
No, would rather hang on to the kid

Amen brother!
Originally posted by 9erred:
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
One of our core young guys, you don't trade those.

Some zoners get in the paradigm because he was a 7th round pick he is not worth a big contract... that is garbage, a lot of udfa's and 6th and 7th round picks get huge paydays. The reason, they earned them. You do not trade away a starter that is competent at one of the important positions on the field.

Good posts.

There was a guy named John Randal who wan't even drafted and became a truly Feared Dline player.

IMO, Trent will do just fine.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Originally posted by justjim77:

Perfect, Justjim.

Ditto
Share 49ersWebzone