LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 218 users in the forums

My Dream Offensive Line

Forrest Lamp round 2, Pat Elflein round 3, Taylor Moton round 4

Starting OL: Staley(LT), Lamp(LG), Elflein(C), Garnett(RG), Moton(RT)

+++TE George Kittle in the 6th/7th round

And we have one very big and very athletic pass protecting/run blocking/ass whooping lineup😎
Why is everyone so quick to dismiss Brown simply because they don't think he fits Shanahan's scheme? You have to see what he can do and not assume he is gone simply because you don't think he fits. I thought Chip Kell's scheme needed athletic lineman and didn't some say Brown couldn't play in it. I don't know, but it just seems a tad early to dismiss one of our best young players just because it's not a scheme match.
Originally posted by pickle:
Why is everyone so quick to dismiss Brown simply because they don't think he fits Shanahan's scheme? You have to see what he can do and not assume he is gone simply because you don't think he fits. I thought Chip Kell's scheme needed athletic lineman and didn't some say Brown couldn't play in it. I don't know, but it just seems a tad early to dismiss one of our best young players just because it's not a scheme match.

This

He's surprised everyone so far and IMO will do it again!
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
Elflein is horrible.

I'd rather

Staley - Dorian Johnson - Beadles - Garnett - Training Camp Battle (Brown/Theus/Cooper)
[ Edited by TheNef77 on Jan 27, 2017 at 8:53 AM ]
The Olineman in this draft are not great. Not the best year for them.

This. Trent Brown has shown to be a starting RT in the NFL. But with the draft closing in people think you can find an upgrade for him in the 4th. We found a diamond in the 7th round and people wanna ship him out.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

This. Trent Brown has shown to be a starting RT in the NFL. But with the draft closing in people think you can find an upgrade for him in the 4th. We found a diamond in the 7th round and people wanna ship him out.

Thing with Trent would he fit in Shanny ZBS who prefers a lighter oline

Eric Heitmann Syndrome. Not treatable.

I agree, Brown was becoming more effective as playing time increased. IMO he's a building block that any team would dream of having. Most importantly he doesn't miss a snap.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

This

He's surprised everyone so far and IMO will do it again
This! id rather have, staley, beadles, ocic, garnett, brown

Lol Taylor Moton is not an improvement from Trent Brown. Moton has average athleticism and clunky in space. He's a better fit in a drive blocking run game.

I like Ocic, but his height is pretty sketchy for a center. It's going to be very difficult to consistently win those leverage battles in the NFL when you're 6'6".

Trent Brown isn't the only one with questions, Joshua Garnett also isn't an ideal fit for Kyle's scheme, either. Both of them need to drop lbs. I hope they started their diet and cardio already.
I follow Trent brown on instagram he doesn't seem to be losing weight lol
Originally posted by English:

Eric Heitmann Syndrome. Not treatable.

Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

This

He's surprised everyone so far and IMO will do it again!

Agreed
No doubt he can do it he's a natural athlete but he's gonna have to show up to camp in the best shape of his life...okay mr. Brown
Share 49ersWebzone