There are 200 users in the forums

George Kittle, TE Iowa

6'4" 250 - a bit undersized but very athletic and nasty in the run game. Also shows playmaking ability. They have a 7th round grade him I think he's a steal

He said Beathard's a genius in & out of the huddle...but on his own, Kittle brings lots of ability to make plays. He'll likely be an H-back for Shanahan, so he's in the right offense to produce. Love the fact he was rated the #2 blocking TE in the country, that's really impressive.
Maybe they'll trade Vance?
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Maybe they'll trade Vance?

Really don't see a point
Keep them both. Kittle will get you singles and Vance is the home run hitter.
Trade Vance for a future 5th or 6th. Get kittle on the field asap.
This kid can drive block!

I have a feeling he will be a starter day 1.
I could see Celek traded, and possibly Bell as well. Kittle can be the number 2 TE, or 3 if Juice lines up at TE.
We just got a starting caliber TE in the 5th round.

As already stated he is the 2nd ranked run blocker in the country at TE.

He ran a 4.52 40 at the combine with a 35" vertical.

He only dropped one pass in his collegiate career.

Originally posted by JBrack:
We just got a starting caliber TE in the 5th round.

As already stated he is the 2nd ranked run blocker in the country at TE.

He ran a 4.52 40 at the combine with a 35" vertical.

He only dropped one pass in his collegiate career.

If Foster wasn't such a steal this would easily be my favorite pick!
I love the Kittle pick, I was really high in him and picked him at the eagles in a mock draft and this was my, "Mayock's" take on him, lol

This guy is a Swiss army knife waiting to happen. He's got great hands, only one drop in 48 targets, and top end speed as he ran a 4.52 at the combine. He understands blocking angles and has good power for his size. He's a utility guy that they can line up in multiple places- slot, in close, in the backfield, with his speed he becomes a major threat on the seams.

He falls a little bit because he doesn't have ideal size or strength to be a traditional, in line TE and he needs to improve on his route running. But, he's a guy they can bring in to create matchup problems. He's big enough to be an effective blocker against nickel packages but too fast to cover with LB's. This really makes a lot of sense to add versatility to the eagles offense."
Using him and Jaz in the run game will give D's fits.
Converted WR
Who excelled at blocking
No reason to force him on the field and get rid of Vance just because. Vance is without a doubt better than him right now, but Kittle could develop into a better player.
[ Edited by GhostOfBaalke on Apr 29, 2017 at 7:23 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone