LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 443 users in the forums

Which QB would you rather take in the draft?

Which QB would you rather take in the draft?

Knowing Kaepernick is bowing out of his contract, that frees up a lot of cap room. At first I was against parting with the 2nd pick for Garrapolo, but now I think it might be necessary. Assuming the niners are going to draft a qb at number 2, what is the better option.

1. Trubisky- at the 4 year 28 million dollar contract
2. Watson- same $$$
3. Kizer- same $$$
4. Garapolo 4 years 67 million with an option for year 5 at 21 million.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erred:
Knowing Kaepernick is bowing out of his contract, that frees up a lot of cap room. At first I was against parting with the 2nd pick for Garrapolo, but now I think it might be necessary. Assuming the niners are going to draft a qb at number 2, what is the better option.

1. Trubisky- at the 4 year 28 million dollar contract
2. Watson- same $$$
3. Kizer- same $$$
4. Garapolo 4 years 67 million with an option for year 5 at 21 million.

Garappolo is still under contract for 1.1 million next season.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Prediction: Some team takes Mahomes in the top 15. Possibly the Cardinals -- they're extremely desperate for a long term answer at QB. And they can't go the trade route if Palmer is back. Also, Glennon sucks.
[ Edited by okdkid on Feb 3, 2017 at 9:29 AM ]
Originally posted by okdkid:
Prediction: Some team takes Mahomes in the top 15. Possibly the Cardinals -- they're extremely desperate for a long term answer at QB. And they can't go the trade route if Palmer is back. Also, Glennon sucks.

Why are you copy our draft to Mahomes? Smh. I hope. Cardinals should draft to Kizer and pick up to Hoyer!
[ Edited by BuZzB05 on Feb 3, 2017 at 9:36 AM ]
I know everyone knocks this QB class, but I really believe Trubisky is a special talent, worthy of a top 5 pick in most drafts. The only knocks on him are not related to the quality of football you see on the field:

• Sample size: Quantity argument, not quality
  • Height (expected to be ~6'1"): I think recent history has debunked this concern. It would really only worry me if he was under 6'0".
  • Quality of Opponents: I guess this is the only one that you can tie to his play, but even so, what is he expected to do? He played well against the opponents on his schedule...

His arm talent is off the charts and has above average athleticism. He screams Matthew Stafford to me who I think most people would take in a second. Granted, I've really only seen a few games + highlights, but even comparing his highlight tape to Watson's is a joke. Trubisky makes several jaw-dropping throws throughout it, while Watson's big plays seem to come from receivers being wide open or are primarily YAC.
Give me Peterman in the 3rd
  • crew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners418:
Give me Peterman in the 3rd

Same here, but would be fine with Mahomes as the 2nd RD pick. Sign Hoyer, and get in the draft one of these two.
Share 49ersWebzone