LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

Which QB would you rather take in the draft?

Which QB would you rather take in the draft?

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49ERFANb4Uwas:
Trubisky...and its not even close

Also, I wonder if the Browns GM, Sashi Brown, cared enough to get a close up of Kizer and Watson warming up and interacting with teammates before a bowl game. Hmmm..probably not

This all day.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Early days, but it looks like Trubisky is Webzone's choice.
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
If we are going to draft Trubisky, we may as well just keep Thad and Blaine.

Kap would run circles around Trubisky so this would be a total down grade at the position.

Trubisky's tape reminds me of Jim Drunkenmiller.

lol I'm curious how old you are to make that comparison.

Druckenmiller was all size and arm. Terrible accuracy and no brains. How the hell are you getting that comparison?

Thing about Blaine is not his talent. He was handled very poorly at Jacksonville and they ruined him though a lot of blame goes with him because he couldn't deal with it mentally. Alex Smith was handled nearly just as bad and managed to pull it out, though he's a much lesser QB now than he would've been with proper coaching and development.

Kap should run circles around a rookie QB coming from a spread offense. If he wouldn't then it really says more about Kap. However Trubisky is wayyy more developed as a passer than Kap was as a rookie.

Did you see Drukenmiller in college?

You must have a crystal ball to be able to project where a QB would have been under different circumstances?

Why bring in a QB @ #2 overall if you have a better QB already on your roster now?

With all of that said, I would try to go after both Tubisky or Watson or both if Kap opts out this year.

You must have a crystal ball to be able to project where a QB would have been under different circumstances?

Why bring in a QB @ #2 overall if you have a better QB already on your roster now?

With all of that said, I would try to go after both Tubisky or Watson or both if Kap opts out this year.

You didn't answer my question and you're the one who made the lazy ass comparison to Druck.

How are any of the guys on our roster better? Saying a 6 year vet is more comfortable in an NFL offense than a rookie isn't saying they're going to be a better player. You don't draft QB for one season. You're looking at their long term potential and where you can get them to.

Kaps career is done. We know what he is and what he isn't. I had huge hopes for him but he didn't have what it takes upstairs. Time to move on from his mediocre play and his distractions.

Bring in a guy like Hoyer and let Trubisky sit and learn and work on things. Then give him the job with a better team around him and more confidence for him.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
If they pass on a QB early, Peterman would be a good fit for a Shanahan offense and coming from a pro style scheme in college, the learning curve isnt as high as for most other QBs in the draft.

Watched him a couple of games looked like a solid player. Threw the ball very well on the move. Lit it up against clemson 👍... Could be a steal, if he got his consistency together.
Originally posted by genus49:

You didn't answer my question and you're the one who made the lazy ass comparison to Druck.

How are any of the guys on our roster better? Saying a 6 year vet is more comfortable in an NFL offense than a rookie isn't saying they're going to be a better player. You don't draft QB for one season. You're looking at their long term potential and where you can get them to.

Kaps career is done. We know what he is and what he isn't. I had huge hopes for him but he didn't have what it takes upstairs. Time to move on from his mediocre play and his distractions.

Bring in a guy like Hoyer and let Trubisky sit and learn and work on things. Then give him the job with a better team around him and more confidence for him.

I didn't say Kap was more comfortable in an NFL offense, I said he would run circles around Trubisky meaning he is flat out better than Trubisky.

I can care less about projection, Kap is still young for a NFL QB and he is battle tested. Trubisky is a long term project that can set us back even further if he doesn't pan out.

You don't take a guy #2 overall to have him sit on the bench, did you see the difference between Goff and Wentz this past season? How did Rams fans, media, and ownership group feel about their #1 draft pick sitting on the bench? If you think Trubisky should be sitting the bench he is not worth the #2 overall pick.

We already know what Kap can do with a better team around him and real coaching so use the #2 overall pick on a guy that can make an impact right away instead of watching that #2 pick sit on the bench.
Trubisky, Kizer, Watson in that order. People really need to watch more film of Watson he may have won the national championship but he's easily the worst passer of these three.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
I am still very High on Kizer. My #1 QB in this draft. I wouldn't draft any QB at #2 this year though.

I would give the #2 for Cousins or Garropolo before i would draft a QB at #2 this year.

I will be pissed if they give up the #2 pick for either.
If Shanny gets that SB ring, and I had to choose one of those 3, I'd go Watson. Bringing in the coach that just won the SB and a rookie QB that just won the National Championship is a step in the right direction in building a "championship culture" in my opinion.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Trubisky, Kizer, Watson in that order. People really need to watch more film of Watson he may have won the national championship but he's easily the worst passer of these three.

He easily has more film to watch of the three as well. While that may be true, he also has qualities that trumps the other 2 guys too.

Not sold on Trubisky. Tbh, only one year of starting in college is simply not enough to really evaluate him correctly. He could be having a career year now, but can he be consistent and can do it again year in and year out especially in the NFL where the game speed is ridiculous? I don't know and I wouldn't spend the second overall pick on him.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Still Trubisky until further notice.
Originally posted by Rascal:

Nathan Peterman is picking up steam on here and draft board's...
  • crew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Originally posted by Rascal:

Nathan Peterman is picking up steam on here and draft board's...

Like Peterman as well, would take him with the 4th RD pick, but by draft time may have to use the 3rd RD pick to get him.
  • PGENZ
  • Veteran
I just don't think Niners go QB at #2.

The 2016 49ers had the WORST run defense in team history!

Must sure up the defense and try to hit on a QB in rounds 3/4.

If not 2018 is loaded with QB talent.
Share 49ersWebzone