LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 293 users in the forums

Taco Charlton DE Harbaugh-U

6'6 272

Didn't start until his senior season.

Not sure what to think of him yet. His jump off the ball is great, and he's a very good pass rusher. Not sure if he's great or not...

https://twitter.com/SportsGuyMI/status/822149245939617794

[ Edited by NinerSickness on Jan 21, 2017 at 5:54 PM ]
As a Michigan fan I would say his potential is great but he needs a lot of coaching up.
Thank you NinerSickness for starting it up.. He is shooting up the board..

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2017/01/19/michigan-football-taco-charlton-nfl/96783686/

"ESPN analyst Mel Kiper Jr. thinks Charlton is one of the best pass rushers in the 2017 draft. He slotted him as the fourth-highest defensive lineman in his first mock draft, released today, going to Tampa Bay with the No. 19 pick."

"Charlton, to me, the way he played when he came back from missing those couple games, he was remarkable," Kiper said on a conference call today, at one point calling him the best rush end in the draft, a claim he later softened. "Finished it off strong against Florida State, as well. I have him at 19 -- he could very easily go earlier than that -- say, 7-to-12, 7-to-15 area."
Asked specifically whether Charlton could be a possibility for the Lions at No. 21, Kiper didn't think so."

Im telling you guys... Dont sleep
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Jan 22, 2017 at 5:23 AM ]
"Former Michigan defensive lineman Taco Charlton is among the top pass rushers who will be available in the upcoming NFL draft, according to ESPN draft analyst Mel Kiper, who continues to gush about how Charlton's stock has soared."

Dont say I didnt warn ya
"ESPN's Todd McShay today updated his list of the top prospects at each position and his list of the top 32 players.
The biggest mover might be U-M's Taco Charlton, who is ranked No. 4 at defensive end and No. 13 overall for the April 27-29 draft in Philadelphia.
"Charlton finished the season on a tear, compiling 10 sacks in his final 10 games," McShay wrote. "He has always had the raw ability, but this season, he showed more consistency and refined technique. Charlton has the ability to be an edge defender in either a 3-4 or 4-3 scheme in the NFL."
https://www.google.com/amp/www.bloggingtheboys.com/platform/amp/2017/1/26/14394120/nfl-draft-2017-prospect-profile-defensive-end-taco-charlton-potential-cowboys-first-round-pick?client=safari
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
i want him just cuz of his name.
Was he the guy that played in the Senior Bowl? At one point there were 2 Michigan D-Lineman and the part I watched, they got murdered.

I like tacos 🌮
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Was he the guy that played in the Senior Bowl? At one point there were 2 Michigan D-Lineman and the part I watched, they got murdered.

Nah, he didn't play in the senior bowl. Don't know who it was but Ryan Glasgow stock is rising as well. He continued to beat one on ones in practice and got pressure in the bowl game.

"The defensive linemen

Glasgow (6-3, 297 pounds) and Johnson (6-3, 309) also played for the Bears' North team. Both had strong moments against the run during the practice week.

On Saturday, Johnson was credited with three tackles, including a solo stop, and Glasgow assisted on one tackle against the South.

According to advanced statistics produced for the Senior Bowl, Johnson recorded the top speeds in two practices for defensive tackles.

Catapult Sports, an analytics organization that specializes in wearable technology, clocked Johnson at 18.5 and 19 mph.

Similar to Pocic, Glasgow comes from a football family. His brother Graham is a center/guard for the Lions, who selected him in the third round of last year's draft.

"I was probably the more aggressive one growing up," Glasgow said. "We got into it probably every day from what I can remember and what my dad tells me from a really young age. We were wrestling constantly, punching each other constantly."
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Jan 31, 2017 at 4:43 PM ]
"Taco Charlton's impressive senior season apparently caught the eyes of NFL draft experts.

ESPN analyst Mel Kiper Jr. thinks Charlton is one of the best pass rushers in the 2017 draft. He slotted him as the fourth-highest defensive lineman in his first mock draft, released today, going to Tampa Bay with the No. 19 pick.

Charlton led U-M with 9.5 sacks and had 10 quarterback hurries, despite only playing in 10 1/2 games this season. After injuring his ankle in the first half of the season opener against Hawaii, Charlton sat out the next two weeks before returning against Penn State."
http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2017/01/19/michigan-football-taco-charlton-nfl/96783686/
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Jan 31, 2017 at 4:34 PM ]
"The way he played when he came back after missing those couple games, he was remarkable," Kiper said, referring to Charlton's ankle injury in the first half of the season opener that sidelined him the next two games. "He finished strong as well against Florida State (in the Orange Bowl). Taco Charlton, I have him at No. 19, (but) he could very easily go a little earlier than that. Maybe in the 7-12, 7-15 area."

In the regular-season finale against Ohio State, Charlton was a dominant defensive player with nine tackles, including three tackles for loss and 2.5 sacks. In the Orange Bowl he again was a major defensive presence with five tackles, including two tackles for loss, one sack and two quarterback hurries."
Browns could totally troll the entire nfl. Myles Garrett at #1. Trade #33 and a conditional 2018 2nd for Jimmy G. Trade #12, their other 2nd and a 4th to move up to 2 and take Jonathan allen.

I'd be more than happy with taco at 12, ILB with their 2nd (cunningham, j.davis, haason reddick), and peterman qb with their 4th
Share 49ersWebzone