There are 265 users in the forums

Mike Williams Bandwagon

If we draft Mike Williams #1 we can take any of the top 5 remaining QBs left. People will not jump as high as everything thinks for a quarterback this year. Everyone knows 2018 will be a great QB draft class...this year will be one of those late first and early second round quarterback classes. I'm sure Watson, Mitch or Kizer will fall to us in the second. If not...if the browns take Garrett and want to go QB in the second if one of those guys are still there we have to want to jump Cleveland and trade with someone like NE who we all know will trade down for a little extra. Even a couple slots down for McCaffrey could add them an extra 3 (if Kizer, Watson or Mitch is there) so it's worth it

All in all Draft Mike and Swoop up a QB in the 2nd...too easy. Williams, Courtland Sutton (later drafted) and a rookie QB Screams bright future.
[ Edited by jeffreyjetson on Jan 21, 2017 at 12:28 AM ]
Who's the #5 QB? I think at least one of the top 4 guys will be there in the second round (either Watson or Mahomes), but if they're all gone, there is no one I'm optimistic about at QB. Mike Williams and Brad Kaaya doesn't scream bright future to me. Those would be terrible values at #2 and #34 too.

The only way I'd take Mike Williams is with a trade back so we have more ammo to move up for a QB later in the first. He's not a great value at #2 and there isn't a ton of separation between him and Mike Williams. They aren't both going in the top 5.
Originally posted by jeffreyjetson:
If we draft Mike Williams #1 we can take any of the top 5 remaining QBs left. People will not jump as high as everything thinks for a quarterback this year. Everyone knows 2018 will be a great QB draft class...this year will be one of those late first and early second round quarterback classes. I'm sure Watson, Mitch or Kizer will fall to us in the second. If not...if the browns take Garrett and want to go QB in the second if one of those guys are still there we have to want to jump Cleveland and trade with someone like NE who we all know will trade down for a little extra. Even a couple slots down for McCaffrey could add them an extra 3 (if Kizer, Watson or Mitch is there) so it's worth it

All in all Draft Mike and Swoop up a QB in the 2nd...too easy. Williams, Courtland Sutton (later drafted) and a rookie QB Screams bright future.

Watson Trubisky Kizer will all be gone in I the first twenty picks I'd put big bucks on that
Originally posted by Zachary13White:
Originally posted by jeffreyjetson:

Watson Trubisky Kizer will all be gone in I the first twenty picks I'd put big bucks on that

Not so sure they'll all be gone by then...scouts have learned their lessons plus if Paton is our GM he won't reach at QB, the Viks didn't when they drafted Teddy
Trade back a few spots and snag this guy. We need more targets for whoever is the qb this year.
Share 49ersWebzone