There are 181 users in the forums

Opposite, what is your perfect scenario if Garrett falls in the niners lap..?

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Take Myles Garrett, pick up the phone in the 2nd round, offer two 2nd round picks ('17 and '18) + 5th round pick from Washington (Derek Carrier trade) for Jimmy Garappolo.

IMO he is a true difference maker.

Paired w/Buck and teams will have to game plan just for him.

He'll make the whole D better for years and years to come.

I know and agree we need a QB but a to be in a position to get a guy like him comes by once or twice in ten years.
Originally posted by TheNef77:
Originally posted by TheNef77:
Take Myles Garrett, pick up the phone in the 2nd round, offer two 2nd round picks ('17 and '18) + 5th round pick from Washington (Derek Carrier trade) for Jimmy Garappolo.

He's barely worth 1 2nd rounder. Not gonna give up all that for a guy who played 5 quarters.

Why not, we are prepared to give up a #2 overall pick on a rookie? Garappolo at least has starting experience on top of all the tools to succeed in the NFL.
If that's the case, why not throw that offer for Rivers or Romo since were going to use the same cap space to keep them?

If Rivers was available, maybe but it's not known yet if he will be. But two 3rd round picks is the highest I'd probably go which wouldn't be enough for the Chargers asking price. But how many more good years can you squeeze out of Rivers before he's on the decline? Keep in mind he is 35 coming off a career worst 21 INT's, that's horrible.

As for Romo no way would I throw two 2nd round picks on a injury prone QB who's started only 4 games in the past two years.

THIS is going to be the first major decision Kyle will make.

It will say a lot about him and where we are going as a team.

Who will the transition QB be and what will he give up to get him??

This to me is exciting.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

IMO he is a true difference maker.

Paired w/Buck and teams will have to game plan just for him.

He'll make the whole D better for years and years to come.

I know and agree we need a QB but a to be in a position to get a guy like him comes by once or twice in ten years.

If you really think about it, Garrett SHOULD be there for the 49ers at #2. With Cleveland hiring Greg Williams as their DC, it would make more sense for them to trade down to 3 or 5 and take Jonathan Allen than it would to select Garrett. Plus I'm sure the Bears and Jets would love to secure Mitch Trubisky over SF.
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Mine, it's take Garrett obviously and trade back into the late 1st for Patrick Mahomes and let him sit behind a stop gap for a year learning from Shanahan..then third round I'm taking Alvin Kamara..just saying..

I think mahomes has mountains of potential but it's scary when you have to rehaul his mechanics.

If garret is there and browns take trub id prefer to take him but I'd be ok if we traded down to 5-12 and took Mike Williams, Corey Davis, deshone kizer, or Derrick Barnett.

I honestly like mahomes as a prospect he's fun to watch. I don't really want kizer but I'd trust shannys judgment.
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
If Rivers was available, maybe but it's not known yet if he will be. But two 3rd round picks is the highest I'd probably go which wouldn't be enough for the Chargers asking price. But how many more good years can you squeeze out of Rivers before he's on the decline? Keep in mind he is 35 coming off a career worst 21 INT's, that's horrible.

As for Romo no way would I throw two 2nd round picks on a injury prone QB who's started only 4 games in the past two years.

Romo's injury prone but JG only finished 1 of the 4 games the Pats needed him for.

Rivers hasn't had a coach like Shanahan with a complete offense.
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Mine, it's take Garrett obviously and trade back into the late 1st for Patrick Mahomes and let him sit behind a stop gap for a year learning from Shanahan..then third round I'm taking Alvin Kamara..just saying..

I think mahomes has mountains of potential but it's scary when you have to rehaul his mechanics.

If garret is there and browns take trub id prefer to take him but I'd be ok if we traded down to 5-12 and took Mike Williams, Corey Davis, deshone kizer, or Derrick Barnett.

I honestly like mahomes as a prospect he's fun to watch. I don't really want kizer but I'd trust shannys judgment.

Yeah if Garrett is ther I think the niners run their card up to take him, Mahomes to me is the 3rd best WB in this Draft and my 2nd favorite behind Watson..he's raw bc of Texas Tech but my plan is to have him sit and learn from Shanahan until ready, bring in a Vet who can handle the offense for a year..Hoyer is the obvious favorite bc he knows the offense already..
Share 49ersWebzone