LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

Opposite, what is your perfect scenario if Garrett falls in the niners lap..?

Mine, it's take Garrett obviously and trade back into the late 1st for Patrick Mahomes and let him sit behind a stop gap for a year learning from Shanahan..then third round I'm taking Alvin Kamara..just saying..
What I would love..

Garrett in the first, Jarrad Davis in the second, and sign both Poe and Berry in FA.

It doesn't answer the question at QB but the D is fixed today.

AA-Poe-Buck
Lynch-Bow-Davis-Garrett
Ward-Reid-Berry-Robinson
Originally posted by jreff22:
What I would love..

Garrett in the first, Jarrad Davis in the second, and sign both Poe and Berry in FA.

AA-Poe-Buck
Lynch-Bow-Davis-Garrett
Ward-Reid-Berry-Robinson

As amazing as that is, and it's amazing, I feel that Shanahan has to take a QB to groom in the 1st 2 rounds..especially since there is I think a guarantee Shanahan is the man for at least 3 yrs..IMO..
Berry and Poe won't both leave the Chiefs IMO so forget that. One or the other maybe.

+1 on Davis though. I think he's a very good prospect. Seen talk of him dropping to the bottom of the second. I don't think it will happen, but if it did there might be a chance to trade back into the second round and grab him while keeping our 2nd for a future QB. That would be a best case scenario and perhaps wishful thinking, but you know - cake, eat it. Most likely we'd need to use our second to get him.
[ Edited by JaggedJ on Jan 19, 2017 at 2:58 AM ]
Mahomes in the 1st round? I know it's early in the process but I'd be very surprised.
I'm in favor of getting as many blue chip players as possible (blue chip being the top 5 or close to it in their position group). If Garrett is there, grab him.
Take the miami qb in the second. Hopefully we can get poe in Fa
Originally posted by SheHateMe:
Mahomes in the 1st round? I know it's early in the process but I'd be very surprised.

I wouldn't, I've seen some folks giving him a 1st round grade. Its still early and a lot can change but you have a lot of QB needy teams out there, either teams that flat out need starters or teams that have aging starters who are on their way out.
Originally posted by TOtheGreat:
Take the miami qb in the second. Hopefully we can get poe in Fa

If they draft Kayaa in the 2nd, the new GM should be fired right on the spot. He's a statue of a quarterback that can't handle pressure of any kind. I think he's poor value taken anytime before the 4th round.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Take Myles Garrett, pick up the phone in the 2nd round, offer two 2nd round picks ('17 and '18) + 5th round pick from Washington (Derek Carrier trade) for Jimmy Garappolo.

• TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Take Myles Garrett, pick up the phone in the 2nd round, offer two 2nd round picks ('17 and '18) + 5th round pick from Washington (Derek Carrier trade) for Jimmy Garappolo.

He's barely worth 1 2nd rounder. Not gonna give up all that for a guy who played 5 quarters.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by TheNef77:

He's barely worth 1 2nd rounder. Not gonna give up all that for a guy who played 5 quarters.

Why not, we are prepared to give up a #2 overall pick on a rookie? Garappolo at least has starting experience on top of all the tools to succeed in the NFL.
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place

Why not, we are prepared to give up a #2 overall pick on a rookie? Garappolo at least has starting experience on top of all the tools to succeed in the NFL.
If that's the case, why not throw that offer for Rivers or Romo since were going to use the same cap space to keep them?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

If that's the case, why not throw that offer for Rivers or Romo since were going to use the same cap space to keep them?

If Rivers was available, maybe but it's not known yet if he will be. But two 3rd round picks is the highest I'd probably go which wouldn't be enough for the Chargers asking price. But how many more good years can you squeeze out of Rivers before he's on the decline? Keep in mind he is 35 coming off a career worst 21 INT's, that's horrible.

As for Romo no way would I throw two 2nd round picks on a injury prone QB who's started only 4 games in the past two years.
Originally posted by jreff22:
What I would love..

AA-Poe-Buck
Lynch-Bow-Davis-Garrett
Ward-Reid-Berry-Robinson

Yeah man!

That'd be a very solid D.

Poe won't cost nearly as much as Williams

Agree - We still need a QB
Share 49ersWebzone