There are 221 users in the forums

Forrest Lamp-OT/OG/C/TE-WKU

Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
The more tape I see of this kid, the more I love him. He would be just a perfect scheme fit for Shanahan's offense. He's got those agile feet that Shanahan loves for his offensive line and is a sound worker.

I think you put him at center or guard and he's your starter for a decade.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
The more tape I see of this kid, the more I love him. He would be just a perfect scheme fit for Shanahan's offense. He's got those agile feet that Shanahan loves for his offensive line and is a sound worker.

Yup. He reminds me alot of Zach Martin when he came out. Both had the smaller arms but are athletic and they use their smarts on the field. Lamp won't physically dominate you but he'll beat you with technique and agility. I'd love to try and trade back into the first round for this guy, assuming he drops to around 25. I don't think he'll slip past Seattle.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Mar 30, 2017 at 9:58 PM ]

Yup. He reminds me alot of Zach Martin when he came out. Both had the smaller arms but are athletic and they use their smarts on the field. Lamp won't physically dominate you but he'll beat you with technique and agility. I'd love to try and trade back into the first round for this guy, assuming he drops to around 25. I don't think he'll slip past Seattle.

I'm not as impressed as most with this guy. His run-blocking isn't great IMO. He's quick and smart, which fits the ZBS, but I don't really love any of the OL in this class except the LT from 'bama. Loved the guard from Notre Dame, but he went back to school.
Originally posted by NinerSickness:

I'm not as impressed as most with this guy. His run-blocking isn't great IMO. He's quick and smart, which fits the ZBS, but I don't really love any of the OL in this class except the LT from 'bama. Loved the guard from Notre Dame, but he went back to school.

Lamp might not even make it past 20... just too high, sounds good doe
NFL Draft Diamonds‏ @DraftDiamonds

Asked seven scouts to name the best offensive lineman 6 said Forrest Lamp 1 said Cam Robinson

Sam Monson‏Verified account @PFF_Sam

Forrest Lamp allowed 0 sacks, 4 total pressures in 2016. Had 9 perfect games of pass pro. Screw arm length, try him at LT in the NFL

If the 49ers trade down, Lamp is one of my top three favorites to draft. He looks to be a perfect scheme fit and has All-Pro level potential. Put him anywhere on the interior line, there's some who believe that he could even hold up at tackle. He's just that damn good.

I feel similarly about him like I did about Jack Conklin last year. No great physical measurements, the guy just gets it done, plays with a nonstop motor and simply owns better competition like he did against LSU and Alabama.

This guy is a straight up warrior. Had he played at Ohio State, USC or Michigan State we'd be talking about him as a Top 10 pick.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Apr 20, 2017 at 10:46 AM ]
Not an exciting pick in the moment, but the type of player you look back in 10 years and say, "Wow, that was a hell of a pick!!"
Originally posted by Heroism:
Not an exciting pick in the moment, but the type of player you look back in 10 years and say, "Wow, that was a hell of a pick!!"

Nobody ever complains about having a beastly guard or center. He wouldn't be the sexiest pick but he performed so well this past season that it is kind of ridiculous. His performance against Alabama is some of the best OL footage I think I've ever seen. Dude shutdown numerous top pass rushers and looked perfectly comfortable manning up versus Jonathan Allen and Co.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Apr 20, 2017 at 10:50 AM ]
This about as good of a performance from an offensive lineman that you're going to see.

Originally posted by NinerSickness:

Can you list the games where you felt Lamp underwhelmed you? Every game I watch of him, I walk away feeling like he was the best olineman on the field in terms of consistency as both a run blocker and pass protector.

The only knock to me on him would have been the consistent level of competition but I thought he showed well for himself against Alabama in 2016 and LSU in 2015. He gave up only 5 pressures total between both games and was consistently​ winning his match ups.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Apr 20, 2017 at 11:56 AM ]
This about as good of a performance from an offensive lineman that you're going to see.

My God is that painful to watch. Well, first, Lamp was a stud in that game - lol at the cut block, lol on driving his guy into the goal post - he's a freakin stud.

But the play callling. wtf.... when you're Defense can't stop the other team, try running the ball? Maybe? And, oh btw, try running left? Wtf? Run right - -2, -6, no gain....run left, 15,TD, 14. And yet I saw way more runs to the right.

Jesus.
[ Edited by Lobo49er on Apr 20, 2017 at 12:02 PM ]

Re-watched most of Lamp's games last night. He is the most prepared, solid player in the draft, and can start at all five positions. His footwork is impeccable, and use of hands is brilliant. I love the kid. He is my number three overall player in the draft. Plug and play, day one starter.
I love Lamp
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Rumor has it this who Miami hopes is there at their pick (22?)
This guy is going to be a Seahawk, isn't he? Saw Mayock mocked him to go there. My initial reaction to signing Gary Gilliam was that it would indirectly benefit Seattle:

Originally posted by Heroism:
I think this could actually help the Seahawks. They might feel more urgency to grab someone like Forrest Lamp in the first round now.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Re-watched most of Lamp's games last night. He is the most prepared, solid player in the draft, and can start at all five positions. His footwork is impeccable, and use of hands is brilliant. I love the kid. He is my number three overall player in the draft. Plug and play, day one starter.

If the 49ers trade back I'd love to see them draft him and then plug him in at guard or center. Looks like a 10+ year starter in the NFL with All Pro upside.
Share 49ersWebzone