LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 391 users in the forums

Forrest Lamp-OT/OG/C/TE-WKU

Been following Lamp for awhile, originally noticed him when watching clips of Leon Allen who is injured(again) and I was constantly impressed by how well he blocked, rarely out of position and it seems like he's picking up quite a bit of hype right now. In a weak year for OL he is one of the best and I feel like you can put him almost anywhere on the OL, even though he's on the shorter side, I'm not all too sure that he couldn't hold up at tackle. His best NFL position is probably guard but I could also see him play center too. Some of the Bama players were praising him pretty strongly after they played WKU, he's a legit top NFL prospect who is expected to go in the late 1st round. Definitely keep an eye on him at the Senior Bowl.

Chase Goodbread Verified account ‏@ChaseGoodbread Also asked Alabama DE Jonathan Allen where @WKUFootball LT Forrest Lamp ranked for him among tackles he faced this year. "He's one or two.

Chase Goodbread Verified account ‏@ChaseGoodbread UA LB Ryan Anderson said @WKUFootball LT Forrest Lamp was the best LT he faced all year.

[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 18, 2017 at 8:28 PM ]
Yes! I've been following Lamp, too. One of my favorite OL.

Another guy I really like as a day 3 pick is Jon Toth. He stood out to me when I watching Bama play Kentucky. Perfect ZBS center.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:
Yes! I've been following Lamp, too. One of my favorite OL.

Another guy I really like as a day 3 pick is Jon Toth. He stood out to me when I watching Bama play Kentucky. Perfect ZBS center.

I like Toth as a guard in the WCO with an ability to flex to C if needed.
I've seen some Mocks with this kid going in the 1st round, is he that talented..?
I expect Lamp will end up being a second rounder as he kicks inside in the NFL. He is this year's version of Zach Martin, just an all-around stud player.
SiriusXM NFL Radio@SiriusXMNFL

Mayock: Forrest Lamp was the best tape I've seen all year on a lineman. His OLine tape vs Alabama was the best I've seen in YEARS.

I went back and watched him vs Bama again, ridiculous play from an undersized tackle he handled and stonewalled whoever they threw at him.

Would love, LOVE to see the 49ers draft this guy, even if they had to move back into the 1st round to do it. Would be an instant starter at guard or even potentially center. So much to like about him, especially in Shanahan's blocking scheme.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Feb 26, 2017 at 1:19 PM ]
I love lamp
Would be great if he lasted until the 2nd.

I approve of the Lamp!
Dude will be a great guard or an elite center. I wouldn't mind picking him with our second rounder depending on how the first round shakes out. I'd really like to plug him in at center here.

Originally posted by shmuck:
Dude will be a great guard or an elite center. I wouldn't mind picking him with our second rounder depending on how the first round shakes out. I'd really like to plug him in at center here.

He has some pretty crazy talent, physically he is too limited to play tackle in the NFL but even there I could see him hold his own for a limited time.

Smart, tough and a hard worker. I think he'd make a great center.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
SiriusXM NFL Radio@SiriusXMNFL

Mayock: Forrest Lamp was the best tape I've seen all year on a lineman. His OLine tape vs Alabama was the best I've seen in YEARS.

I went back and watched him vs Bama again, ridiculous play from an undersized tackle he handled and stonewalled whoever they threw at him.

Would love, LOVE to see the 49ers draft this guy, even if they had to move back into the 1st round to do it. Would be an instant starter at guard or even potentially center. So much to like about him, especially in Shanahan's blocking scheme.

When it's all said and done, I don't see Lamp lasting until the second. I think he'll be a hot riser and get plucked before we could take him. If he miraculously makes it to our 2nd round pick, I'm all for selecting him there.
Good chance he goes to Seattle at 26. He's a great scheme fit, and they desperately need help on their line.
  • Andra
  • Veteran
Originally posted by elguapo:
I love lamp

Brick is that you?
The more tape I see of this kid, the more I love him. He would be just a perfect scheme fit for Shanahan's offense. He's got those agile feet that Shanahan loves for his offensive line and is a sound worker.
Share 49ersWebzone