LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 390 users in the forums

2017 Senior Bowl Thread.

A rather sloppy game, but there were some players who stood out:

Jordan Willis. Showed nice burst from the edge...relentless style, I like it.

Josh Reynolds. Lanky WR has nice catching range, goes up to get the ball, something we have zero of right now.

O J Howard. Looks to have all the tools to succeed in the NFL. Underutilized at 'Bama, but should emerge as a real threat in NFL.

Alex Anzalone. Very active ILB...hadn't seen much of him before today, but he looks good.

Freddy Stevenson. Looks like a FB who can function well in a WCO.

Davis Webb. Looked very natural out there...has nice touch on deep throws.

Matt Dayes. Ran hard, good looking prospect.

Zane Gonzalez. Not hard to see why he's rated as the best K in the country.

Kareem Hunt. Nice combo of hard running & receiving. May want to replace some of the weight he lost, though.

Corey Clement. Have to like him...another excellent RB from Wisc. Love his size.

Zay Jones. Shame his 2 TD's were called back...clearly THE playmaking receiver on the field.

Montravius Adams. Yet another DL from the SEC who should make an impact in the NFL.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Damn I missed the game, how did my draft crushes do?

Nathan Peterman
Jordan Willis
Josh Reynolds
Ryan Switzer
Ryan Glasgow

Peterman was ok, not great, he had a few overthrows, he had a TD to Zay Jones that wasn't a TD due to no challenges, as Jones did get both feet down.

Willis had a strip sack

Reynolds had a TD catch from Webb I believe

Switzer I don't think played, when I did the rosters for my site he wasn't on either squad this morning

Glasgow was good in pass rushing.

Thanks AB. Damn that sucks if Switzer didn't play heard he was lighting up the practices.

Get rid of Tony Jerrod Eddie and hello Glassgow!!!!

Josh Reynolds, hopefully he'll last till at least the 4th round.

Btw are the 49ers getting any comp picks this year, and thank god they are tradeable now!!!!

Yes 1, likely a 4th rd pick for losing Alex Boone.

"Ryan Glasgow clearly has the bloodlines, and now he is trying to do what his brother Graham did last year and improve his draft stock. Ryan's older brother got a late invite to the Senior Bowl in 2016 after a strong performance at the Shrine Game and continued to build off that momentum on his way to being a third-round pick and 11-game starter for the Detroit Lions.

"I watched last year's draft stock go up [for Graham]," Ryan Glasgow said following Senior Bowl practice on Jan. 24. "When I received my Senior Bowl invite I was ecstatic. I want to play like I have something to prove and I want to show teams what I can do out here."

In his career for the Wolverines, Glasgow played in 45 games with 33 starts. As a senior, he had four sacks and 9.5 tackles for loss. He checked in at 6-foot-2.875 and 299 pounds with impressive 32 3/4-inch arms.

Glasgow considers himself strong against the run and "an underrated pass rusher," but he's using the week to hone those skills getting after the quarterback."

http://m.kcchronicle.com/2017/01/26/former-michigan-dt-ryan-glasgow-hopes-to-carry-on-family-tradition-in-preparation-for-nfl-draft/ajyuvkz/
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:

Josh Reynolds. Lanky WR has nice catching range, goes up to get the ball, something we have zero of right now.

O J Howard. Looks to have all the tools to succeed in the NFL. Underutilized at 'Bama, but should emerge as a real threat in NFL.

Alex Anzalone. Very active ILB...hadn't seen much of him before today, but he looks good.

Kareem Hunt. Nice combo of hard running & receiving. May want to replace some of the weight he lost, though.

Corey Clement. Have to like him...another excellent RB from Wisc. Love his size.

Zay Jones. Shame his 2 TD's were called back...clearly THE playmaking receiver on the field.

Montravius Adams. Yet another DL from the SEC who should make an impact in the NFL.

Where did this come from? Most of the other guys on your list showed well in the game yesterday, but Clement? Hard runner, but not much of a pass catcher. Read that scouts consider him a JAG (just another guy) RB who is a day three Draft prospect.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Where did this come from? Most of the other guys on your list showed well in the game yesterday, but Clement? Hard runner, but not much of a pass catcher. Read that scouts consider him a JAG (just another guy) RB who is a day three Draft prospect.

Clement had a really nice week. He excelled at all phases of the game, especially in pass protection, which is massive for guys who want to play a lot of snaps. Hunt was the star of the game, but scouts count the practices with more value than the game itself.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:

Horrible game!
https://www.profootballfocus.com/draft-10-prospects-for-the-2017-nfl-draft-who-helped-themselves-at-the-senior-bowl/
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Clement had a really nice week. He excelled at all phases of the game, especially in pass protection, which is massive for guys who want to play a lot of snaps. Hunt was the star of the game, but scouts count the practices with more value than the game itself.

I didn't read much about him during the week, but hearing that he excelled in pass protection and catching the ball is a little surprising. Guess that adds Clement to the list of potential prospects to supplement Hyde.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Give me Peterman, Switzer, Josh Reynolds, Jordan Willis and Glasgow from this draft. Pretty please.

Willis reminds me a lot of Cameron Wake.

He first caught my eye vs. TCU, the guy was just a terror on the field. I could see him going at the top of the 2nd round.
I didn't read much about him during the week, but hearing that he excelled in pass protection and catching the ball is a little surprising. Guess that adds Clement to the list of potential prospects to supplement Hyde.

I had Jay Ajayi in my personal draft two years ago as a Hyde backup. Baalke picked Mike Davis.

We do need someone to effectively back up Hyde in case he goes down. Good year for a mid-late rounder because it is a deep RB draft. Even a guy like Hunt is probably only a fourth or fifth rounder.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
https://www.profootballfocus.com/draft-10-prospects-for-the-2017-nfl-draft-who-helped-themselves-at-the-senior-bowl/

That Obi Melifonwu kid looked very good..would be great depth and ST player to start..not sure where as of now he's predicted to go but if use a 4th on the kid..

Zay Jones, Alex Anzalone, and Obi Melifonwu opened my eyes a lot..I think Jones goes late 2nd round while the other 2 I think 4th round or later so I'd definitely take them with late round picks..I was reading about Anzalone before the game and supposedly if it wasn't for injuries he would've been a top ILB in this draft..
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
what are the chances we land Jones or Reynolds? Both WRs looked legit to me.

also, whoever ends up with that RB Hunt, will not be disappoint. dude also looks legit.
  • crew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

I had Jay Ajayi in my personal draft two years ago as a Hyde backup. Baalke picked Mike Davis.

We do need someone to effectively back up Hyde in case he goes down. Good year for a mid-late rounder because it is a deep RB draft. Even a guy like Hunt is probably only a fourth or fifth rounder.

I also wanted Baalke to draft Ajayi. I currently have Niners taking Hunt with one of their 4th RD picks..
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
what are the chances we land Jones or Reynolds? Both WRs looked legit to me.

also, whoever ends up with that RB Hunt, will not be disappoint. dude also looks legit.

I think both wrs go in round 2..Zay Jones looks like he drops nothing ever..as for Hunt, I'd put him in my top 8 rbs..Fournette, Cook, Mccaffrey, Kamara, Foreman, Mixon, Gallman then Hunt..Mcnichols could be better then a lot just haven't watch him much to like him much..
Share 49ersWebzone