LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 357 users in the forums

Assuming Garrett is selected #1, what direction do you want?

Assuming Garrett is selected #1, what direction do you want?

All signs point to M.Garrett being the first player chosen, and if he's not, I think there's a consensus that we'd run up to the podium and chose him. If he is gone, what do you want us doing?
Trade down and get an additional 2018 1st round pick. It's easy there's a lot of good 2nd round value in this draft. Qb class also better next year.
At this point, I would love to trade down and get some extra early round picks, but there's no guarantee you'll find a trade partner OR get adequate compensation in return.
Originally posted by Heroism:
At this point, I would love to trade down and get some extra early round picks, but there's no guarantee you'll find a trade partner OR get adequate compensation in return.

True, but at this point in the process last year, Goff and Wentz were seen as top-10 picks, but not #1 and #2. A lot will change between now and then. I think the only thing people can agree on is that if Garrett is there, we're going to take him, barring a ridiculous offer.
Stealing from Niner John here, I say trade back, grab Mike Williams somewhere in the top 10 then trade back in to the 1st for Mahomes. You now have your offensive cornerstones for the next 5-10 years.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Jan 18, 2017 at 10:54 AM ]
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Stealing from Niner John here, I say trade back, grab Mike Williams somewhere in the top 10 then trade back in to the 1st for Mahomes. You now have your offensive cornerstones for the next 5-10 years.

If this is doable, fine. If not, no messing around and risking missing
Take the first choice qb and have done with it.
Originally posted by English:

There is something to be said for keeping it simple.
Depends on the coaching staff we bring in. But if we are switching to a 4-3, we should take Allen.
Originally posted by English:

There is something to be said for keeping it simple.

I voted for Trubisky, not necessarily because I think he's the best option, but I think his floor is the highest, and trading out from #2 hasn't really netted the Rams or the Browns much in recent years.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
True, but at this point in the process last year, Goff and Wentz were seen as top-10 picks, but not #1 and #2. A lot will change between now and then. I think the only thing people can agree on is that if Garrett is there, we're going to take him, barring a ridiculous offer.

Not true. Goff was Top 10. Lynch was Top 10. Wentz was all over the place.

Get your qb Mitch has all the tools to run Kyle's offense.
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Depends on the coaching staff we bring in. But if we are switching to a 4-3, we should take Allen.

And we'll have the slowest pass rushers on the edges in the league running a 4-3 lol.

Allen is a 3-4 DE same with buck and AA.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Not true. Goff was Top 10. Lynch was Top 10. Wentz was all over the place.

Right, Lynch at one point was talked about as #1 overall, Goff was in the conversation at our pick (#7)... I guess my point wasn't there exact starting points, but that a lot can change.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Ensatsu:

And we'll have the slowest pass rushers on the edges in the league running a 4-3 lol.

Allen is a 3-4 DE same with buck and AA.

I agree, I see Allen as an upgrade to Armstead, but not definitely not a need and we have TONS of needs.
I agree, I see Allen as an upgrade to Armstead, but not definitely not a need and we have TONS of needs.

No doubt Allen is more polished and pro ready than AA was coming into the league...I think it's wild that people are cool with throwing a 23 yr old player with only 700 snaps to his name in the trash.

Allen is a 3-4 DE stud not a 4-3 DE and same can be said for all the starters on the DL (except maybe Blair).
Share 49ersWebzone