There are 154 users in the forums

Alternate plan

Instead of the McDaniel and Jimmy G scenario we go a different direction!

1. We hire Elliot Wolf or the other Greenbay guy.
2. We hire Shanahan to be our HC.
3. With Kirk Cousins losing his OC again and most of his WRs. He decides to Head to SanFransico on a 5yr/ 95 million dollar deal to rejoin the coach he's most familiar with and he had his best season. Washington decides not to tag him at 24 million and we get us a franchise QB. A lot of money but it becomes a push when we dump Kap and his 17.9 million number.
4. The GM will be a draft and develop guy but he did Draft and develop Nick Perry OLB who finished the season with 11 sacks! We sign him to a 5yr/66 million dollar deal!
5. Things will be looking up in SF. We get Poe into town and don't let him leave 5yrs/70 million for the Massive nose tackle to fit in between the twin towers.
6. Releases: Brooks save 8 million: Bethea 5.6 million saved: Caradine 2.1 million saved! Kapernick 17.9 million saved
7. Resigning: Ian Williams 1yr/3 million if healthy, extensions Lynch 2 yrs/8 million with incentives. Hodges 1 yr/3 Million, Kerley wr 2 yrs/6 million
8. Trades: D. Johnson CB to Cleveland for 2018 7th round pick, T. Smith WR to Tenn for 2017 4th round pick 114.
9. Trade 2017 Pick 2 to Jets for 2017 1st round pick 6, round 2 pick 38, round 5 pick 133 plus 2018 round 2 pick
10. Trade 2017 round 2 pick 38 and round 4 pick 114 to GB for 2017 round 1 Pick 27.

Draft
Round 1 Pick 6 Mike Williams Wr
Round 1 Pick 27 Raekwon McMillan Ilb
Round 2 Pick 34 Dan Freeny OG
Round 3 Pick 66 Curtis Samuel RB/WR
Round 4 Pick 98 Eddie Jackson FS
Round 4 comp Kevin King CB
Round 5 Pick 129 David Njoku TE
Round 5 Pick 144 Dalvin Thomlinson NT
Round 6 Pick 160 Ryan Switzer wr
Round 6 Pick 176 Joe Mixon RB
Round 7 Pick 190 Jake Elliott K
Round 7 Pick 191 Demetrius Cox SS
Joe Mixon!!!! I like it.
I like. Imo, still a pretty thin receiving corps, and I'd rather hold on to Torrey smith with Kirk who has a nice a deep ball, and Williams being a true #1. Then again, maybe with a qb who can actually pass and a hc in shanahan, our receiving Corp will be better than we saw this year
What makes you think Cleveland or Tenn would want D Johnson and T Smith?
I'm not trying to be an a*****e bc I do like the players but do you ever make a mock without drafting OSU players..?
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Joe Mixon!!!! I like it.

This. RB by committee with Hyde and Mixon?! OOOOOOOOWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEE
Going to need a tackle because Trent Brown is a bad fit in Shanahan's outside zone scheme. Same with Joshua Garnett. They did okay in Chip's predominantly inside zone scheme, but the stretch runs Kyle dials up require even more lateral agility and foot speed. We're going to need to rebuild the entire Oline if we go with Shanahan.
[ Edited by Heroism on Jan 15, 2017 at 12:31 AM ]
Njoku is the 2nd best tight end in the draft in my opinion. Great selection. Carlos Henderson Should be on someone's board here. The guy is an absolute stud.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Going to need a tackle because Trent Brown is a bad fit in Shanahan's outside zone scheme. Same with Joshua Garnett. They did okay in Chip's predominantly inside zone scheme, but the stretch runs Kyle dials up require even more lateral agility and foot speed. We're going to need to rebuild the entire Oline if we go with Shanahan.

We would need some pieces, but Im pretty sure that Staley, Beadles, and Kilgore should translate, at least in the short term.
[ Edited by GorefullBore on Jan 15, 2017 at 3:17 AM ]
The draft trades are completely unrealistic.

Pretty sure Cousins would warrant more than 95M on a 5yr contract considering osweiler got 120M 4yr, especially with Washingtons reputation of over paying players.
Originally posted by Since07:
Pretty sure Cousins would warrant more than 95M on a 5yr contract considering osweiler got 120M 4yr, especially with Washingtons reputation of over paying players.

Or 72m over 4 years but why squabble over a measly 48m.
I agree shehateme, id be surprised if Carlos Henderson wasn't at least a early 5th round pick. There is a lot more talent in this mock although it is overly optimistic and on top of that there is no pass rush in this mock beyond Perry and they need more than just one guy to get after the QB. There are too many pass rushers this year not to grab one.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/187730-49ers-optimistic-mock-offseason-2017-trade-heavy/
  • Andra
  • Veteran
I would be stoked if we got Cousins but I just don't think Washington would let their FQB go. That would be almost like letting your HC that took you to 3 NFC championship games and a super bowl go. No one would do that. 🤡
Originally posted by jersey49er:
I'm not trying to be an a*****e bc I do like the players but do you ever make a mock without drafting OSU players..?

Did you miss out on the rookies of the year! We would have been better off drafting more Buckeyes last year! McMillan and Samuel fit perfect with what we need. Samuel can backup Hyde and play the slot!
Share 49ersWebzone