LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 266 users in the forums

RB Alvin Kamara out of Tennessee

Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
when is he projected to go? early 2nd?

As of lately.. all over the place in the second.
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Apr 21, 2017 at 1:34 PM ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran
I like Kamara but why spend a 2nd on him when you can get the exact same guy in the 5th or 6th?

An NFL running back coach said that Tennessee RB Alvin Kamara is "a better short-yardage runner than he's [given credit for]."

Speaking with Yahoo Sports' Eric Edholm, the RB coach said, "You might like him a bit more than I do, but you can see the potential there. Not sure he'll make as many guys miss at our level, but he has good leg drive." Edholm compares the 5-foot-10, 215-pounder to Indianapolis Colts RB Frank Gore and notes that Kamara "[a]lways seems to be falling forward for extra yardage." He is a borderline Day 1 prospect, but should he fall to Day 2, he does not figure to be sitting around for long before he hears his name called.
Highest wonderlic score amongs RBs with 24
A dream would be to trade back from 2 and receive an extra 2nd round pick and use 1 of the 2 2nd rounders on Kamara..
Originally posted by jersey49er:
A dream would be to trade back from 2 and receive an extra 2nd round pick and use 1 of the 2 2nd rounders on Kamara..

I think there's a fair chance of that happening if that happens. Here's to hoping he's our Clinton Portis!
Can you imagine. if Kyle was able to scheme things up for this guy?
Originally posted by GorefullBore:

Coulda drafted him instead of making that trade with the Saints.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by GorefullBore:

Coulda drafted him instead of making that trade with the Saints.

Definitely could've but I think we would've wasted a pick on Tarell Basham, going my peter kings draft room write up.

Kamara is such a unique rb. I've seen some comps to freeman and gore in this thread but I don't see it. Can't think of a rb that he really plays like. He plays with such finesse and light feet but still breaks tackles effortlessly. To me kamara just looks like kamara.
[ Edited by GhostOfBaalke on Jan 7, 2018 at 4:22 PM ]
Was My favorite RBin last years draft, I remember the niners on the clock with him sitting there in the 3rd saying cmon please take him then the saints traded for the pick and the rest is history, my biggest hope is Hunt beats him out for rookie of the year..lol

Was My favorite RBin last years draft, I remember the niners on the clock with him sitting there in the 3rd saying cmon please take him then the saints traded for the pick and the rest is history, my biggest hope is Hunt beats him out for rookie of the year..lol

Yup he was your boy! Good call with him.....who ya got this yr??
we should draft this guy....
So far, looks like a big bright asterick as a missed pick for us for the 2017 draft...unless Joe Williams can look like Kamara next year. I really like our third rounder (Beathard) but I think most of us would rather have Kamara. Thankfully, we were able to land Jimmy G, which helps ease the pain a bit.

+2 on who jersey49er wants this year?
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
Him and Cook will be the best RBs of this class! Hopefully we land one of them

Yeah.....
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Yup he was your boy! Good call with him.....who ya got this yr??

This year I like the same as you lol Ronald Jones is perfect for the scheme, Penny is a beast, but a couple I have my eyes on in the later rounds are Mark Walton out of the U and Myles Gaskin from Washington, Gaskin is a do it all type like Kamara.
Share 49ersWebzone