LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 227 users in the forums

RB Alvin Kamara out of Tennessee

He's 1 of my favorite backs in this loaded draft class, should be a 2-4th rd pick and would compliment Hyde very well, he does it all..great receiver out of the backfield..5'10 215 should run in the low 4.5s

• TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
He's a nice dual threat back. Saw him cut up Vandy while watching ILB Cunningham's film.
Great balance and has a good ability to bounce off tackles. I'm a huge fan
Originally posted by saniner:
Great balance and has a good ability to bounce off tackles. I'm a huge fan

yeah I agree, he can do it all, even return kicks and punts..after Cook and Mccafrey I think hes the next best dual threat back..
I think he can compliment Hyde really well. Big enough to run between the tackles, fast enough to get outside and break away, and soft hands with good concentration to catch almost anything thrown his way. The question is does he do anything Draughn doesn't already do? Cause if they virtually have the same skills then it's a luxary pick during a rebuild.
If he's available in the 4th, it works.
Think he's just under the talent level of Cooks my favorite back in the draft and Fournette. Incredibale all around skill set originally a recruit of Alabama not showcased enough at Tennessee. He will be a steal. Mixon and Kamara are 3-4 for me ahead of Mcaffery for NFL projection. Whoever takes a stab at Mixin will win this draft. Hate the action he took love the player and production.
Originally posted by cdub80:
Think he's just under the talent level of Cooks my favorite back in the draft and Fournette. Incredibale all around skill set originally a recruit of Alabama not showcased enough at Tennessee. He will be a steal. Mixon and Kamara are 3-4 for me ahead of Mcaffery for NFL projection. Whoever takes a stab at Mixin will win this draft. Hate the action he took love the player and production.

Yeah both are very good at everything..im hoping for Shanahan and in his offense the back has a lot of targets throughout the year so Kamara is a perfect change of pace to Hyde, id take him in the 3rd..but i read articles that hes going to kill all the workouts so much after he will be considered a 1st rounder..
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Kamara is 1 of my 3 draft crushes.

Along with Myles Garrett & Daeshon Hall.

HALL ARMSTEAD, BUCKNER GARRETT on nickel situations 😲
Originally posted by krizay:
Kamara is 1 of my 3 draft crushes.

Along with Myles Garrett & Daeshon Hall.

HALL ARMSTEAD, BUCKNER GARRETT on nickel situations 😲

Yeah that would be crazy, but so many other needs where if Garrett is the pick at 2 they wont draft another pass rusher until late if they even do, plus they are probably hoping Lynch gets his s**t together finally, and Harold is so young still, cant give up on him just yet..

Originally posted by jersey49er:
He's 1 of my favorite backs in this loaded draft class, should be a 2-4th rd pick and would compliment Hyde very well, he does it all..great receiver out of the backfield..5'10 215 should run in the low 4.5s

Per matt miller

Kamara: Devonta Freeman clone. Stronger than credited. Excellent wiggle/balance/feet. Hands are +s. Little wear/tear. 3D, Day1 RB. Rd1

Man I've been watching more of him a s**t yeah I like lol.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by jersey49er:

Per matt miller

Kamara: Devonta Freeman clone. Stronger than credited. Excellent wiggle/balance/feet. Hands are +s. Little wear/tear. 3D, Day1 RB. Rd1

Man I've been watching more of him a s**t yeah I like lol.

I still see Devine Redding as more of a Freeman clone, but Kamara is so dang exciting.
Man this guy looks good. Hyde is gonna have a best friend RB soon. We need a Freeman-Coleman tandem.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Man this guy looks good. Hyde is gonna have a best friend RB soon. We need a Freeman-Coleman tandem.

I would love this!
I dunno. I've heard good things about the guy, on the other hand I see him constantly getting chased down by linebackers and db's. In college. I see him as a great pass catcher who's a shifty runner with a compact frame, though. His 40 time will be big.
[ Edited by bzborow1 on Feb 9, 2017 at 2:40 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone