LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 276 users in the forums

Kuya's 4-Round Mock (McDaniels and Jimmy G Edition)

• Kuya
  • Veteran
This draft is based on the assumption that Josh McDaniels is our next coach and we trade at least a 2nd round pick for Jimmy Garoppolo.

Free Agents:

First Priority: Sign DT Dontari Poe - Should be our #1 priority signing
Second Priority Sign WR Alshon Jeffery - Our new #1 WR
Third Priority: Sign RB Danny Woodhead - Safety Net and Third Down Conversion Beast
Fourth Priority: Sign CB Logan Ryan - Above average CB
Resign: Dorsey, Kerley, Dawson

Draft Trades:
Trade 2017 2nd Round and Carlos Hyde for Jimmy Garoppolo
Trade 2017 1st and 2018 4th for NYJ 2017 1st and 2017 2nd

Draft:
1st round - Draft RB Leonard Fournette at #6 overall
2nd round via Jets - C/G Ethan Pocic - Could start at Center or LG. Invest in protecting Jimmy G and helping Fournette.
3rd round - OLB Ryan Anderson. Talented and will challenge for starting position.
4th round - Pat Elflein - C/G - Keep investing in that line. Versatile interior lineman.

Notes:
- Running Back Careers are very short in the NFL. How many more chances are we going to give Hyde to be our lead guy? Yes he has shown talent in spurts, but wouldn't you rather restart this offense with the chance to get an RB that is touted as a generational talent? It would take extreme pressure off Jimmy too kinda like Zeke to Dak.

- McDaniels offense revolves around Jimmy G, Alshon, Fournette and Woodhead with a sprinkle of Torrey Smith

- O-Line and D-Line should be much improved.

- Secondary still needs a lot of help.
You complain about Hyde's health, yet use your first-round pick on a guy that already has chronic ankle problems and a style that is conducive to being hurt in the NFL? I don't get it.
[ Edited by Heroism on Jan 11, 2017 at 11:38 PM ]
  • Kuya
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:
You complain about Hyde's health, yet use your first-round pick on a guy that already has chronic ankle problems and a style that is conducive to being hurt in the NFL? I don't get it.

You underestimate his talent.
What does talent have to do with health? You literally just implied one guy for not being able to stay healthy and are proposing to replace him with a guy that has already been documented to have health problems?

It's like replacing the spare on your car with another spare.
[ Edited by Heroism on Jan 12, 2017 at 5:59 AM ]
  • Kuya
  • Veteran
A spare that is 4 years younger and arguably top 5 pick which means is a franchise player. BTW, i never said the word "health" anywhere in my opening post.
[ Edited by Kuya on Jan 12, 2017 at 12:50 AM ]
Very interesting mock dude, I like a lot of what you did. FA signings make sense, but will be very pricey with both Poe and Jeffery. Woodhead is a real nice addition with McDaniels as the HC.

Flipping Hyde + a pick to NE for JG is a interesting idea. I wouldn't be opposed to it, but not sure about taking Fournette in the 1st when we have so many needs. I know he's a stud, but I'd prefer a pass rusher in that spot. Get the RB later.
Different but I like it. I'm assuming the following offseason will be very heavily defensive.
Don`t like the Trades of draft picks,Jeffery is HURT too much so no thank you,LSU RB is TOO urt so no thank you,Still need to draft a No.1 WR, so there are some GOOD moves with NT and CB and QB
Man I wish Hyde could stay healthy a full season to stop this trade talk with him, I garentee if he's healthy he's a top 5 back but yes I understand that's a big if..
alhough I am a Jimmy Garrapolo fan and would take him in a flash for a second round pick plus hyde, he would need a contract extension similar to osweiller, 37 million guaranteed 16 million a year, for starters.

the second pick in the draft gets 26 million over 4 years, this is a gift with the new nfl wage pool. I say stay at number 2, if garrett falls you take garret, if not take Watson. pretty straight forward

This idea that we're going to sign multiple big name FA's is just laughable
Hate it...not realistic at all.
A second and our best player for a guy with 2 lifetime starts.
There are two reasons why I'm very skeptical about trading high draft picks for Garoppolo.

1) At the end of his rookie contract Tom Brady will be 41 years old. If NE thought he was going to be a franchise QB for the next 10 to 15 years, they would not be trading him. That's like GB trading Aaron Rodgers after 3 years and keeping Brett Favre. I get the feeling NE is trying to fleece someone.

2) Garoppolo is unproven (2 NFL starts) and becomes a FA in one year. It's very possible he still can be unproven after the 2017 season (poor team around him or injury). At that point we would have to pay him top dollar or loose him to FA. Let's say he has a great season and looks like a future franchise QB. That doesn't guarantee he will be our QB of the future,he becomes a FA and can sign with another team.
I definitely like the trade. But I don't like Fournette. If your scenario happens why not continue to build defense with Foster or another receiver like Mike Williams
Share 49ersWebzone