LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 222 users in the forums

2017 DRAFT - Defense, all defense ...

Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
We pretty much had that with Baalke...so, no, no, no on all defense. There are many needs on both sides of the ball, so the draft needs to address them. You'll never sign enough FA's to fill all the holes on offense. The off-season has to meld FA and the draft...to get as many talented players as possible, which is why our new GM should trade down to garner more high picks and potentially work a trade to get Garrapolo.

If you look at the last 3 drafts the 49ers have roughly selected 15 defensive players and 17 offensive players; Although, I am not against on them trading down. They could trade down, and still get a edge type rusher.
Originally posted by 49erproudfan1980:
All I am

All I am saying is there are 8 restricted and unrestricted secondary in the next 2 years; It's unlikely they will retain all of them. If you want to stay competitive, you have to look ahead at needs.

"stay competitive". I would like to get competitive.
Originally posted by captainhook:
"stay competitive". I would like to get competitive.

Could you imagine them not trying to address 8 restricted and unrestricted secondary through resignings, draft or free agency?

They showed they can be competitive, they just need more pieces in place to stay competitive; Instead of just for a half or so. It's 60 minutes of football, not 15 or 30.
[ Edited by 49erproudfan1980 on Jan 12, 2017 at 11:02 AM ]
Good picks, but Garret isn't passing Cleveland.

I'd still go and get Allen.
Originally posted by 49erproudfan1980:
Could you imagine them not trying to address 8 restricted and unrestricted secondary through resignings, draft or free agency?

They showed they can be competitive, they just need more pieces in place to stay competitive; Instead of just for a half or so. It's 60 minutes of football, not 15 or 30.

Not that there isn't a case for addressing the soon to be FA's in the secondary. I was just saying that I don't think we are competitive now. I can make a case that we are the worst NFL team over the last two seasons.
Originally posted by captainhook:
Not that there isn't a case for addressing the soon to be FA's in the secondary. I was just saying that I don't think we are competitive now. I can make a case that we are the worst NFL team over the last two seasons.

Competitive in a sense of being a contender to even make a playoff? - no; But, as has been seen, with Harbaugh, although that's Harbaugh, a change in philosophy and mindset can turn around the team.
Share 49ersWebzone