There are 174 users in the forums

NYniner85 pointless mock 2017

Okay so I kinda wanted to make a mock before we figured out who's the GM/HC is....if I was Jed this is who I'd pick and this is who our FO would go after in the off season (maybe) lol.

GM-Wolf
HC- Josh McDaniels
OC-Randy Fictner (thanks Willisfn4life) current QB coach in Pitt
DC-Mike Vrabel current LB coach in Texas

Cut/leave:

Brooks
Bethea
Brock
Kap
Martin
Patton
Ellington (fights for a roster spot)

Resign:

Tiller
Kerley
Dawson
Dorsey

FA:

Bouye CB- ties with Vrabel
J.C. Tretter C- battles Kilgore and has ties with Wolf
Wolf would love to go after Lang but they won't let him walk so we get another stud in Kevin Zeitler OG to play OG... line is looking nice now!
Brandon Williams NT- This will be our biggest FA signing he's gonna command a lot more then people think and Baltimore might not be able to afford it.

TRADE* We give NE our 34th pick this yr and a conditional 2nd in 2018 for Jimmy Garoppolo QB- Bill is a d******d but he can't turn down that type of draft capital AND he get's to move him to the NFC West to his boy Josh PLUS he's not flushing Jimmy G's career down the toilet by throwing him to the waste land of QBs in Cleveland.

2017 draft:

1st:First of if Myles is there he's the pick no question IF he's not we trade with the Jets who move ahead of the Bears...we get their 1st, 2nd, 4th & 2nd in 2018.

So with that 6th overall pick we get Mike Williams WR- We finally get our #1 WR to pair up with our new young QB dude is a mismatch nightmare.

2nd (jets)-Raekwon McMillan ILB- This is for Vrabel who coached at OSU and is alumi, if he's all about him I'm cool with it. McMillan is a tackling machine and a Butkus finalist. He will have to work on the coverage skills to be a three down back but we have Ray Ray as well.

TRADE* move back into the bottom of the 2nd give up 3rd and 4th from the Jets*

2nd Ryan Anderson OLB- Dude doesn't get enough credit for what he does on that Bama team. he's great on the edge and solid in run D. He's ferocious in the pass rush as well. Much better version of Brooks.

4th-Jeremy McNichols RB- This might be a reach (might be gone), but this guy can do it all...he would be a great weapon for Josh. He ran for 1,700 yards 23 TDs this yr and is a great pass catch back. This would be a great RB combo with Hyde who would benefit from this.

4th(comp)-Ryan Switzer WR- slippy slot WR with great route running skills...that sounds like a Wolf/McDaniels special

5th-Davis Webb QB- For the love of god let's start grooming QBs we finally have a staff in place to do it! Has all the measurables just very raw

5th (from Washington)-Ejuan Price OLB- drops because lack of measurables dude is a football player and a team will be very happen to have him. He battles Tank and should win out...we have a good set of young pass rushers for a while now.

We have a like 4 other picks between the 6th and 7th rds go BPA late in the draft.

What ya'll think? Like I said it's a pointless mock cause we don't know who's gonna be the GM/HC, but fun to think about it
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jan 10, 2017 at 12:09 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
F*** Yeah!!!

I'd go streaking if this happened. Mike Williams and Ryan Switzer, you're frickin spoiling me!!
Dig it only thing I question is cutting Brooks but keeping Tank.
Hell yes! This is the scenario I was hoping. Like Tretter and B Williams thru free agency. Trade down really makes sense as it will afford us to have starters all over the roster and we don't lose draft picks for Jimmy G. trade. M Williams and Switzer, nice! Well done!
I can dig it. Not sure about all these trades. Though. Seems like Jets trading upf for our pick is the hot idea. I'm just not sure the Jets will be the team trading up for Mitch, I just don't see this year but I'd be good if it does.
I like it. The problem I see is that Tennessee is going to take Mike Williams at #5 in my opinion. I just think Garrett, Watson, Mitch, Allen, and Williams are going to be the top 5 players picked in this draft. If not, getting Williams and Switzer to go along with Jimmy G would be awesome.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I like it. The problem I see is that Tennessee is going to take Mike Williams at #5 in my opinion. I just think Garrett, Watson, Mitch, Allen, and Williams are going to be the top 5 players picked in this draft. If not, getting Williams and Switzer to go along with Jimmy G would be awesome.

Good point. I can't see them passing on Williams. They already have the qb and the rb's. Just need a true #1
Love this scenario, but I'm curious about selecting Corey Davis as opposed to Mike Williams. It's a toss up, but I really love Davis' route running ability.
Would not hate this at all.
If M. Williams is gone,then take Corey Davis. He will be climbing up the board most likely.

Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Dig it only thing I question is cutting Brooks but keeping Tank.

Brooks isn't worth $9 million, Tank is on a cheap contract and a backup...Anderson takes over Brooks spot we have lynch/Anderson/Eli/Price/Tank
Originally posted by lamontb:
I can dig it. Not sure about all these trades. Though. Seems like Jets trading upf for our pick is the hot idea. I'm just not sure the Jets will be the team trading up for Mitch, I just don't see this year but I'd be good if it does.

The Jets are "all over" North Carolina redshirt junior QB Mitch Trubisky, a rival scout told the New York Daily News.

So much for the Christian Hackenberg experiment. "The Jets are all over this kid," said the scout. "All over him. They'll probably deny it if you ask, but they love that kid. That's their guy. They're not going to get him though, because I think that kid is going to get over-drafted."

Honestly it just one trade down and then a move up into the 2nd...it's not that wild as far as a full draft goes
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jan 10, 2017 at 12:02 PM ]
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Good point. I can't see them passing on Williams. They already have the qb and the rb's. Just need a true #1

They have two 1st rd picks and IMO there issue isn't qb or RB but secondary even over WR...this draft has some amazing DBs a ton of mocks have them taking a top end safety like peppers or hooker at 5 and Corey Davis at 18.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
F*** Yeah!!!

I'd go streaking if this happened. Mike Williams and Ryan Switzer, you're frickin spoiling me!!

Lol right! It probably doesn't happen though...we aren't that lucky
I vote for NY as GM hahaha. But I'm all seriousness this would almost be a jackpot offseason. If we're going after Jimmy G, and no Garrett, I'd love to get Williams/Davis, close but I like Davis better. Competition is really his main concern. Anderson, Takk, Watt should be available at that pick as will. With Switzer competing with kerley, this would be the most improved team this offseason. Overall top to bottom, with this roster and everyone getting healthy. Not a single doubt this team would be .500 or above next year. Hit every need on the head. Solid FA pickups, Great Job.
Share 49ersWebzone