There are 281 users in the forums

New User Mock Draft Plan B

• fan49
  • Veteran
Love the Jimmy g trade, and getting mahomes. I think Jimmy will be great, but just in case the nay sayers are right.... mahomes has time to develop all his tools. Which imo has better raw tools than anyone in this draft
Originally posted by fan49:
Love the Jimmy g trade, and getting mahomes. I think Jimmy will be great, but just in case the nay sayers are right.... mahomes has time to develop all his tools. Which imo has better raw tools than anyone in this draft

Yea. One of em is bound to pan out. Best case scenario is both do and we have some trade bait for draft capital. Successful franchises like the Patriots do this at many positions, and the rich get richer
[ Edited by adrianlesnar on Jan 12, 2017 at 7:55 PM ]
You really think someone would trade us the 20th pick for the 33rd and a 4th rounder? That move usually costs a late 2nd round pick.
Like he draft...targeted a lot of good prospects.

IMO Collins isn't leaving the Browns he will at least be tagged. Bennett is gonna get paid and he's already stated he wants to stay in NE (reported phins want him as well).

Don't see the point in switching to a 4-3 our personnel has been built as a 3-4 for yrs (it would be different if we had a bunch of old vets that we could move on from). Brown thrived as a 3-4 ILB, he's staying in a defenses that's based around that IMO.
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:
You really think someone would trade us the 20th pick for the 33rd and a 4th rounder? That move usually costs a late 2nd round pick.

We move up to the first for a 4th and 6th last yr?
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Like he draft...targeted a lot of good prospects.

IMO Collins isn't leaving the Browns he will at least be tagged. Bennett is gonna get paid and he's already stated he wants to stay in NE (reported phins want him as well).

Don't see the point in switching to a 4-3 our personnel has been built as a 3-4 for yrs (it would be different if we had a bunch of old vets that we could move on from). Brown thrived as a 3-4 ILB, he's staying in a defenses that's based around that IMO.

While I do still think our current roster with this draft and one more full off season (to target a true 43 NT and some rotational lb) would produce a pretty imposing 4-3 defense, I do admit my excitement over soloman thomas declaring clouded my judgement a bit if we wanted to stay 3-4, I'd trade the collins FA signing for a top flight NT, poe or Williams or Logan. Assuming garret is still gone at 2, I'd still move down but grab corey davis. Stay put with the second round pick and get McKinley or best pass rush available. Use the 4th I saved by not trading back into the first on a ryan glasgow type
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
While I do still think our current roster with this draft and one more full off season (to target a true 43 NT and some rotational lb) would produce a pretty imposing 4-3 defense, I do admit my excitement over soloman thomas declaring clouded my judgement a bit if we wanted to stay 3-4, I'd trade the collins FA signing for a top flight NT, poe or Williams or Logan. Assuming garret is still gone at 2, I'd still move down but grab corey davis. Stay put with the second round pick and get McKinley or best pass rush available. Use the 4th I saved by not trading back into the first on a ryan glasgow type

Ha I knew when you had us going Thomas that was your reason for a 4-3...buck and AA are prefect 3-4 DE imo you can throw them on the outside wayyyy too slow.

Get a NT,some ILBs that can tackle, add a OLB, and get a real DC.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jan 13, 2017 at 9:10 AM ]
The following is what I believe is best possible outcome year one of the McDaniels/Wolf regime. 80 million in cap room makes all this possible still leaving much for next year.

1/11 draft strategy

Round 1 trade back with Buffalo for 2nd +
5th or better next year for pick #10
Take ILB Reuben Foster or WR M. Williams

Round 2. Pick 34 take WR JuJu Smith-
Schuster if we got Foster in round 1; take
ILB Raekwon McMillan if we got Williams in
round 1

Round 2 Pick 44 take TE O.J Howard if still
there, if not take OT Garett Bolles or OG/C
Ethan Pocic

Round 3 Pick 66 take QB Pat Mahomes

Round 4 Pick 98 OG/C Tyler Orlosky

Round 5 Pick 124 S Josh Harvey-Clemons

Round 5 Compensatory QB Antonio Pipkin

Round 6 Pick 158 ILB Blaire Brown

Round 6 Compensatory NT Josh Augusta

Round 7 Pick 192 RB James Conner

Round 7 Compensatory DT Jake Replogle

1/11 free agency strategy

WR Tyrelle Pryor
NT Dontari Poe or Brandon Williams
OG Kevin Zeitler
OLB Dante Hightower or Melvin Ingram
CB A.J. Bouye
RB Fozzy Whittaker and DuJuan Harris
QB Retain Christian Ponder
Originally posted by Fatman49er:
The following is what I believe is best possible outcome year one of the McDaniels/Wolf regime. 80 million in cap room makes all this possible still leaving much for next year.

1/11 draft strategy

Round 1 trade back with Buffalo for 2nd +
5th or better next year for pick #10
Take ILB Reuben Foster or WR M. Williams

Round 2. Pick 34 take WR JuJu Smith-
Schuster if we got Foster in round 1; take
ILB Raekwon McMillan if we got Williams in
round 1

Round 2 Pick 44 take TE O.J Howard if still
there, if not take OT Garett Bolles or OG/C
Ethan Pocic

Round 3 Pick 66 take QB Pat Mahomes

Round 4 Pick 98 OG/C Tyler Orlosky

Round 5 Pick 124 S Josh Harvey-Clemons

Round 5 Compensatory QB Antonio Pipkin

Round 6 Pick 158 ILB Blaire Brown

Round 6 Compensatory NT Josh Augusta

Round 7 Pick 192 RB James Conner

Round 7 Compensatory DT Jake Replogle

1/11 free agency strategy

WR Tyrelle Pryor
NT Dontari Poe or Brandon Williams
OG Kevin Zeitler
OLB Dante Hightower or Melvin Ingram
CB A.J. Bouye
RB Fozzy Whittaker and DuJuan Harris
QB Retain Christian Ponder

You can just start your own mock offseason thread rather than posting this in multiple spots
Perceptive

I like the idea of multiple QBs too. But gotta say we ain't getting Bennett. Not a chance he comes and plays for us this year. And definitely ain't getting Collins.
Share 49ersWebzone