LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 310 users in the forums

New User Mock Draft Plan B

Obviously, as with any draft, this mock draft depends on a lot of factors out of our control. I want Myles G. above all else, but this mock is meant to represent my ideal draft should Myles go to the Browns first over all.

GM: Riddick
HC: McDaniels

Defense switch to a 4-3

Notable Cuts:
Brooks, Kaep, Bethea, Brock

FA:
Zach Brown, ILB
Jamie Collins, LB
Stephon Gilmore, CB
Kevin Zeitler. G
Martellus Bennett, TE

R1P2: Trade back to 12. Browns couldn't decide between garret and trubisky, so they decide to take both. We swap firsts, receive their second, third, and a first next year.
R1P12: Soloman Thomas, DL Stanford
R1P20: Corey Davis, WR WMU; Trade our 2nd from browns and our first 4th to move up
R2P34: Traded. along with a conditional 2nd next year to NE for Jimmy Garappolo, QB
R3P65: Pat Mahomes II, QB Texas Tech
R3P66: Pat Elflein, C/G Ohio State or Ethan Pocic, C LSU
R4 Comp: Ryan Switzer, WR NC
R5P129: Best available RB
Remainder of draft: Kendall Beckwith, ILB flyer, OL Depth, S Depth

Offense:
QB: Jimmy Garappolo, Pat Mahomes II, Christian Ponder
RB: Carlos Hyde. Shaun Draughn, Draft Pick
LT: Joe Staley
LG: Joshua Garnett, Zane Beadles
C: Zane Beadles. Pat Elflein or Ethan Pocic, Daniel Kilgore
RG: Kevin Zeitler, Andrew Tiller
RT: Trent Brown, John Theus
TE: Vance McDonald, Martellus Bennett, Blake Bell (Garrett Celek, don't care)
WR: Corey Davis, Eric Rogers
WR: Torrey Smith, DeAndre Smelter, Aaron Burbridge
WR: Jeremy Kerley, Ryan Switzer, Bruce Ellington

Defense (4-3):
LDE: DeForest Buckner, Tank Carradine
DT: Soloman Thomas, Chris Jones
DT: Arik Armstead, Quinton Dial
RDE: Aaron Lynch, Ronald Blair
WOLB: Jamie Collins, Rayray Armstrong
MLB: Zach Brown
SOLB: Navarro Bowman
CB: Stephon Gilmore, Dontae Johnson
CB: Rashard Robinson, Keith Reaser
CB: Will Redmond, Chris Davis
FS: Jimmie Ward
SS: Eric Reid
Robber: Jaquiski Tartt
K: Phil Dawson (or draft pick)
P: Brad Pinion
LS: Kyle Nelson
[ Edited by adrianlesnar on Jan 9, 2017 at 11:04 PM ]
Nice job there
what does "DT" and "DT" mean? What kind of 4-3 is this? an under front? who plays yours 1t and who is your under tackle?
So cleveland picks 1st & 2nd. Right i can totally see this happening.
Originally posted by Heroism:
what does "DT" and "DT" mean? What kind of 4-3 is this? an under front? who plays yours 1t and who is your under tackle?

Dial would be the obvious 1tech, but hopefully Williams gets healthy and we can sign and use him as well. The rest of the players on the line would be able to move around when in Nickel and dime
if you're playing an under front, if you use a 1t to get your under tackle one-on-ones with the guard. with that said, where do you put buckner and armstead? they're not 4-3 DEs. teams would exploit the edges all day with no speed there.
Originally posted by lamontb:
So cleveland picks 1st & 2nd. Right i can totally see this happening.

Obviously it's a bit of a dream/stretch...but this would allow Cleveland to get a franchise pass rusher, franchise qb, and still retain a second round pick. I'd be fine trading with anyone in the top 15 to land Thomas and receive ammunition to go after davis. If no trade is available I'd be fine with Allen, and going after a FA wr
if you're playing an under front, if you use a 1t to get your under tackle one-on-ones with the guard. with that said, where do you put buckner and armstead? they're not 4-3 DEs. teams would exploit the edges all day with no speed there.

I'd place my faith in a rotation of Thomas, lynch, buck,blair and carradine with AA inside.
I think the whole "switch to 4-3" is so myopic, and besides, McDaniels prefers a 3-4 for his defenses.

I really like your players, tho. You have a bunch of my favorites. I am very high on Solomon Thomas, and I love Patrick Mahomes. This would be a homerun draft.
I think the whole "switch to 4-3" is so myopic, and besides, McDaniels prefers a 3-4 for his defenses.

I really like your players, tho. You have a bunch of my favorites. I am very high on Solomon Thomas, and I love Patrick Mahomes. This would be a homerun draft.

Yea, im just a casual fan, trying to find a way to fit in all my draft and FA crushes. By no means am I an expert; appreciate your constructive criticism. It's fun to dream!

They need to trade back someone is gonna wanna move up and take watson,myles trubisky. Whoever the browns pass on. They should take the wr Williams
I like your mock...but 'til Jed actually hires a GM & HC and we get an inkling what their plan of attack is, I'm not sure mocks have that much value. That's nothing against your effort, just in general. I like Riddick because he's very smart and isn't afraid to speak his mind. But, maybe he's talking a little too much...that can backfire sometimes. Don't be surprised if Wolf gets the GM position...then we'll see if he likes McDaniels as HC.
Would love to end up with those drafted players somehow as well
I like it for the most part. I'm just not sure about trading a 2nd for a QB, then drafting one in the 3rd. Its not like Garappalo is an older QB and we need to groom one if we traded for him
Really creative on the Browns trade!

IMO way too many FA

Like your draft selections
Share 49ersWebzone