LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 148 users in the forums

Jamal Adams S LSU

Originally posted by TheNef77:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
This guy reminds me of Reid during his rookie year, always around the ball and flying all over the place. Though that is why Reid had concussion issues...

Better than Reid. Faster, reads quicker, takes way better angles to the ball. Not a liability in coverage too. Reid was surrounded by a talented defense that made up for his weaknesses.

Much better than Reid
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
This guy reminds me of Reid during his rookie year, always around the ball and flying all over the place. Though that is why Reid had concussion issues...

Better than Reid. Faster, reads quicker, takes way better angles to the ball. Not a liability in coverage too. Reid was surrounded by a talented defense that made up for his weaknesses.

Much better than Reid

I 3rd this opinion (sorry if that's not grammatically correct lol)
Daniel Jeramiah said he kept hearing from scouts and GM's that Adams killed it in interviews and that one team has him as their #1 overall player. I could see Lynch falling in love with him, his play on the field obviously speaks for itself but Lynch has spoken about wanting players that LOVE the game and they want an aggressive attacking defense and Adams fits both of those to a T. He would be a nice fit as our SS next to Ward, but it would suck because it basically means Tartt is just a backup.
Originally posted by Luckycharms:
Daniel Jeramiah said he kept hearing from scouts and GM's that Adams killed it in interviews and that one team has him as their #1 overall player. I could see Lynch falling in love with him, his play on the field obviously speaks for itself but Lynch has spoken about wanting players that LOVE the game and they want an aggressive attacking defense and Adams fits both of those to a T. He would be a nice fit as our SS next to Ward, but it would suck because it basically means Tartt is just a backup.

You also have to consider Reid would have to be moved. I do agree that he is exactly the type of player Lynch wants. I wouldn't be surprised at the pick, and is love it. I would just hope that they got decent value for Reid
Originally posted by saniner:

You also have to consider Reid would have to be moved. I do agree that he is exactly the type of player Lynch wants. I wouldn't be surprised at the pick, and is love it. I would just hope that they got decent value for Reid

Nothing wrong with Tartt being a back-up. Talented depth. Reid would have to be traded. Could get a 4th for him. He's not bad, but hasn't gotten much better since his rookie year.
Originally posted by martysofresh:
Originally posted by saniner:

Nothing wrong with Tartt being a back-up. Talented depth. Reid would have to be traded. Could get a 4th for him. He's not bad, but hasn't gotten much better since his rookie year.

Make our young defense already younger lol. Theres going to be a point where I am going to be older than everyone on the defense, and I am only 21 lol.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

Much better than Reid

Just reminded me play style wise. Though, as a prospect he is superior and I expect him to be better in the pros also. Reid became shy to contact after his senior year. I miss his rookie year.
Just reminded me play style wise. Though, as a prospect he is superior and I expect him to be better in the pros also. Reid became shy to contact after his senior year. I miss his rookie year.

Definitely similar to Reid in college. Reid in the NFL is very different though. Ever since Tolbert ran through him he hasn't been the same.
  • crew
  • Veteran
From NFL.com - Chad Reuter's 4 round mock:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000793200/article/reuter-fourround-mock-draft-30-three-receivers-in-top-10

Love Niners first 3 picks:
RD1: Jamal Adams
RD2: T.J. Watt
RD3: Ethan Pocic

In RD4 he has Corder Tankersley CB at #109, I would have gone Kareem Hunt at #109.
Originally posted by crew:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000793200/article/reuter-fourround-mock-draft-30-three-receivers-in-top-10

In RD4 he has Corder Tankersley CB at #109, I would have gone Kareem Hunt at #109.

Interesting draft and when you see 4 rounds it is amazing the quality even in the 4th round

I'm assuming he picked Pocic for us in the 3rd before we traded with the Ravens.
  • Jasta
  • Veteran

Damn... Tim Williams available in the third? I know he's fallen but he was a top 10 pick for a while. Means that this is a possibility though:

RD2: Patrick Mahomes
RD3: Tim Williams

Nice mock...

Adams is a leader. I would expect Lynch to look for a bit of himself in a safety and if he can see it in Adams, done deal.
Originally posted by jbeale49:
Nice mock...

Adams is a leader. I would expect Lynch to look for a bit of himself in a safety and if he can see it in Adams, done deal.

I can see this being our selection at #2. Garcon is that Fire on offense, on defense we have NONE! Adams will be the fire/swag playmaker we desperately need. Troy Polamalu jr
I'd much rather draft Hooker
Share 49ersWebzone