LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 231 users in the forums

Jamal Adams S LSU

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Reminds me of a bigger version of Donte Whitner. Very physical, relishes contact but disciplined, plays with good awareness, rarely out of position, looks to be an outstanding SS in the NFL.

Reminds me of Dak Prescott in the degree to which people rave about his leadership skills and as a powerful locker room presence.

Yeah he's going to be special and as much as I'd love him to be a niner I just can't see them taking a SS at 2 with the basically unknown of Tartt or the possibility of switching it up and putting Ward back their with Reid at SS..I don't think S is a glaring need compared to other positions..
This guy reminds me of Reid during his rookie year, always around the ball and flying all over the place. Though that is why Reid had concussion issues...
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
Originally posted by gold49digger:
This guy reminds me of Reid during his rookie year, always around the ball and flying all over the place. Though that is why Reid had concussion issues...

Better than Reid. Faster, reads quicker, takes way better angles to the ball. Not a liability in coverage too. Reid was surrounded by a talented defense that made up for his weaknesses.
Originally posted by TheNef77:
Better than Reid. Faster, reads quicker, takes way better angles to the ball. Not a liability in coverage too. Reid was surrounded by a talented defense that made up for his weaknesses.

Reid wasnt a bad prospect. Adams is a great one.

even if he is better than reid. SS is not an immediate need. I don't want a youth movement everywhere on this team lol. Plus, Tartt could do massive damage in thi new scheme. I like Adams and if we get him I won't be against it. Tbh there isn't a prospect that I hate that everyone is projecting us to get like I had with armstead. The closest thing is probably mitch.
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
even if he is better than reid. SS is not an immediate need. I don't want a youth movement everywhere on this team lol. Plus, Tartt could do massive damage in thi new scheme. I like Adams and if we get him I won't be against it. Tbh there isn't a prospect that I hate that everyone is projecting us to get like I had with armstead. The closest thing is probably mitch.

I really like Tartt over Reid at this point but I think Lynch has his eyes on a sleeper at the safety position. I'm with you on how we're using #2 tho.
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
Exactly
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Reid wasnt a bad prospect. Adams is a great one.
NFL Media reporter Kimberly Jones passes along that at least one team has LSU S Jamal Adams atop their draft board.

This team is not among those picking high up in the draft, as they referred to Adams as a "wish list" player. The LSU product reportedly aced his interviews in Indianapolis over the weekend. He indicated to Jones that he might re-run the 40-yard dash at the Tigers' pro day on April 5 after running a quiet 4.56 at the Combine.

Source: NFL.com

Sounds like his interviews went well
I'd much rather have hooker. Way more important in this scheme. A great free safety makes the scheme work.
Originally posted by Zachary13White:
I'd much rather have hooker. Way more important in this scheme. A great free safety makes the scheme work.

I think Hooker would be the smarter pick in our new scheme but id select Adams over Hooker just from his intangibles and all-around skills if im picking a safety.

I bet you do want a hooker dont ya

I bet you do want a hooker dont ya

Yeah a dreaded up turnover machine you dont?
Can't realistically take Adams at #2, but I believe he's the most sure-thing all-pro in the draft after Myles Garret. Adams is one of the reasons I'd love to trade down at least a few slots from #2, even though SS is not as big a need as DE, WR, or QB. Dude is a leader and a difference-maker.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
With the #2 pick in the 2017 NFL Draft. John Lynch and the 49ers select Safety Jamal Adams out of LSU..... can't wait!

Hearing Lynch talk about the players he wants to bring in makes me thing Adams is a strong possibility. He would walk in and day 1 be a leader for the defense. If not for the fact that we have Tartt and Reid I think he would be an easy choice.

Solomon Thomas, Barnett, and Adams all fit the type of player Lynch will be looking at.

If Garnett goes #1 I hope they look to move down a little bit. It will be hard because I think only the Browns, Jets, and Cardinals go QB early.

Jamal Adams is not faster than Eric Reid. Reid's speed & acceleration are both elite.
Share 49ersWebzone