LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 270 users in the forums

Jayon Brown

An absolute beast at MLB, he is a bit undersized, but in the multiple ucla game I watched this year he was all over the field. He would be a fantastic late round grab. Led the PAC-12 in tackles with 119, 7 for loss,2.5 sack, and the 3 ints.
He was an animal and was pretty good in coverage although he's a bit undersized one of my favorite players in the draft.
Originally posted by Bjones84:
An absolute beast at MLB, he is a bit undersized, but in the multiple ucla game I watched this year he was all over the field. He would be a fantastic late round grab. Led the PAC-12 in tackles with 119, 7 for loss,2.5 sack, and the 3 ints.
He was an animal and was pretty good in coverage although he's a bit undersized one of my favorite players in the draft.

I think you're getting WAY too liberal with the term "beast." The dude's 230 pounds, but he's not really all that quick. And he's going to get swallowed up by blockers in the NFL. And I'm willing to bet 230 is being generous.

The dude's a marginal player at the will position. Doesn't even fit in a 3-4.

Look how much faster his teammate Kenny Young (5 pounds heavier) recognizes the gap in protection and explodes through.

Brown might not even be a good enough athlete to make an NFL roster. And he's not fast enough to play safety IMO.
[ Edited by NinerSickness on Jan 4, 2017 at 11:05 PM ]
You
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Originally posted by Bjones84:

I think you're getting WAY too liberal with the term "beast." The dude's 230 pounds, but he's not really all that quick. And he's going to get swallowed up by blockers in the NFL. And I'm willing to bet 230 is being generous.

The dude's a marginal player at the will position. Doesn't even fit in a 3-4.

Look how much faster his teammate Kenny Young (5 pounds heavier) recognizes the gap in protection and explodes through.

Brown might not even be a good enough athlete to make an NFL roster. And he's not fast enough to play safety IMO.

That's a little ridiculous, it was one play. Watch a whole game, he's football savvy and is all over the field. Was Chris Borland an elite athlete?
Share 49ersWebzone