All BS aside which QB are you taking? Straight up! Round does not matter

• fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 801niner:
Choose wisely.

There is no Rodgers in this draft
  • fan49
  • Veteran
I knew the top two would be Jimmy G and trubs. And this is my point Jimmy G is definitely worth a 2 if trubs is. There's just a lot more evidence saying so. And besides using other people as an example or talking about money savings I don't think anybody has a good reason why Jimmy G is not worth more than him
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Hard to say between Jimmy g and trub

I think there's a big difference between the two. If you put Trub in the draft last year he wouldn't have gone before golf he wouldn't have gone before Wentz and possibly even cook and last year was a terrible draft for quarterbacks.
[ Edited by fan49 on Jan 3, 2017 at 9:07 PM ]
Josh Allen
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by justjim77:
Want Jimmy G and draft Chad Kelly

Chad Kelly is going to be a rookie F/A
Watson
Watson is going to be a stud, he reminds me a lot of Cam but makes better decisions
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
This poll is a little biased against Kizer. Some people are going to vote for Watson assuming he lasts to the 2nd round in which case he'd be a great pick up. Kizer has no shot at making it past 13, so you're really asking would you rather have Trubisky or Kizer with the #2 pick and most people will go with Trubisky.

Not really clear what the title means and the OP doesn't explain it. Are you suggesting that all of those players cost the same (the #2 pick)? Or are you asking who would you rather pick where they end up being taken in which case Webb probably costs a 3rd round pick, Mahomes costs a 2nd round pick, Trubisky costs a 1st round pick, Kizer costs a 1st round pick, and Watson costs a mid-late first round pick?

I'm rooting for us to trade up/down and take the 3rd (or 4th if Josh Allen declares) QB in the mid-late first round.
The point of the post is to see who the most wanted is. I would take Jimmy g over anyone. And yes if I was thinking Trub at 2 I would even hand over the pick to ne. I think with everything available Jimmy g has the most to offer. And evidence based off Jimmy g and Jimmy g alone shows that.there is not one piece of evidence that shows Jimmy is not ready to go and play at a high level. I'm skeptical about Trub, due to not enough experience. I'm hesitant about Watson because I think he's kaap 2.0

PS. Yes it was carried over lol
[ Edited by fan49 on Jan 3, 2017 at 10:34 PM ]
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RunFrankieRun21:
Watson is going to be a stud, he reminds me a lot of Cam but makes better decisions

Did cam lead the nation in ints when he was in college? I don't remember but Watson is up there over his past 2 seasons so I'm not to confident in the "better decisions" He does seem like a gamer though and will put his team on his back when they need it.
Originally posted by Tman:
Originally posted by RunFrankieRun21:

Did cam lead the nation in ints when he was in college? I don't remember but Watson is up there over his past 2 seasons so I'm not to confident in the "better decisions" He does seem like a gamer though and will put his team on his back when they need it.

Cam's interception per attempt ratio would have had him throw 14 or 15 interceptions (depending how you round it) if he had as many attempts as Watson. Not much of a difference.

Cam had a great season at Auburn. Deshaun has had 2 and half great seasons. Totally agree with your "gamer" assessment and it's one of the main reasons why I am very intrigued with him.

Originally posted by fan49:
Originally posted by 801niner:
Choose wisely.

There is no Rodgers in this draft

nobody knew he would be what he became then either.. he wasn't drafted until the mid twenties... so u never know
Originally posted by birdie2bogey:
Cam's interception per attempt ratio would have had him throw 14 or 15 interceptions (depending how you round it) if he had as many attempts as Watson. Not much of a difference.

Cam had a great season at Auburn. Deshaun has had 2 and half great seasons. Totally agree with your "gamer" assessment and it's one of the main reasons why I am very intrigued with him.

Where did you learn to round?

523/280 * 7 = 13.075. In no world does that round to 15. And that's 4 fewer interceptions despite throwing downfield more often. If you did the same thing with yards, he'd have close to 5300 passing yards. He also had more total TDs that year and almost as many total yards because he rushed for over 1400 yards.

Cam's junior year was far better than any of Deshaun Watson's seasons. And he was the #1 pick because he was far more gifted physically than any of the QBs coming out this year.
Originally posted by jimrat:
If Watson has a huge game against Alabama........I say Watson

I would be surprised to see any QB have a huge game against Alabama defense.
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Originally posted by jimrat:
If Watson has a huge game against Alabama........I say Watson

I would be surprised to see any QB have a huge game against Alabama defense.

If anyone is going to do it, it's Watson. He has almost as much NFL talent on offense as Alabama does on defense.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
If anyone is going to do it, it's Watson. He has almost as much NFL talent on offense as Alabama does on defense.

not even close
Share 49ersWebzone