LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 288 users in the forums

New Year, New Mock Offseason

I would absolutely LOVE if it went down like this.

Williams, Takk, Walker and Switzer to go with Garoppolo would be killer. Especially with the McDaniels as HC assumption.

So good it won't actually happen :(
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
GM Nick Caserio
HC Josh McDaniels
OC Brian Daboll (Current Pats TE Coach, former OC in the NFL)
DC Mike Vrabel

Cut/Not Coming Back
Blaine Gabbert, Colin Kaepernick, DuJuan Harris, Marcus Martin, Ian Williams, Ahmad Brooks, Michael WIlhoite

Re-Signed
RB Shaun Draughn 2 year deal
WR Jeremy Kerley 2 year deal
OG Andrew Tiller 2 year deal
NT Glenn Dorsey 2 year deal
DE Chris Jones 1 year deal
ILB Gerald Hodges 1 year deal
K Phil Dawson 1 year deal

Free Agency
QB Brian Hoyer 2 year deal - Hoyer is brought in to be a veteran backup. His stats have been solid the past 2 seasons (17 games, 4000 yards, 25 TD's 7 INT's)
RB Jacquizz Rodgers 2 year deal - A versatile back who did a solid job filling in for Doug Martin this year. We all know Hyde's health history so having capable backups is crucial.
TE Martellus Bennett 3 year deal - It's no secret that McDaniels incorporates a lot of 2 TE sets and he values them very highly. Bennett knows his system and provides another weapon for our QB to utilize.
NT Bennie Logan 4 year deal - We have a huge hole at NT, Dorsey is solid but more a rotational guy. Logan will help plug up running holes, allow Buckner and Armstead to make more plays, and make it easier on our ILB's like Bowman and Ray Ray to stop the run.
OLB Connor Barwin 3 year deal - Barwin is likely to be a cap casualty for the Eagles, they have Curry and Graham at DE already who are younger, cutting Barwin frees up some cap space. For us, Barwin is most effective and productive as a 3-4 OLB, high character and a veteran presence. Notable upgrade over Brooks. Credit to GEEK for pointing out Barwin most likely being cut.

Trades
49ers trade 1st round pick to the Jets for 2017 1st and 2nd round picks, and 2018 2nd and 5th round picks. (Jets get their Franchise QB in Trubisky and don't have to give up multiple first round picks for him)

49ers trade 2017 2nd round pick (from Jets) and 2018 2nd round pick (whichever end up being lesser value between ours and pick we acquired from Jets) to New England Patriots for QB Jimmy Garappolo.

Draft
Round 1 - Mike Williams WR Clemson - It's been a long time since we've had a true bona fide #1 WR, Williams becomes that instantly. Garappolo will have some very solid weapons to work with.
Round 2 - Takkarist McKinley OLB/DE UCLA - We haven't been able to get much pressure on opposing QB's, we add another talented pass rusher in McKinley here. Barwin, McKinley, Lynch, Harold, Buckner and Armstead. Our pass rush should be much improved.
Round 3 - Anthony Walker Jr ILB Northwestern - Love Bowman but 2 big time injuries? Will be tough to come back close to 100%. Ray Ray looked solid for us but is still a question mark. We need depth at ILB, 2016 definitely taught us that.
Round 4 - Ryan Switzer WR North Carolina - Switzer has Edelman/Amendola written all over him, similar size, very shifty, hard to bring down and most importantly reliable hands. Often a go to for QB Mitch Trubisky.
Round 4 comp pick via Boone - Brady Gustafson QB Montana - Goes to Montana? Has the name Brady in his name? With those coincidences we would be fools to not draft this guy. But seriously, we draft him as a young QB to develop, who could be a nice longterm backup to Garappolo.
Round 5 - Nick Linder OC Miami - Kilgore while solid was arguably the weakest link on the o-line, give Linder a year or so and could challenge for the starting spot.
Round 6 - Kendell Beckwith LB LSU - I know I know, an ACL pick, but in the 6th round Beckwith is worth the risk. Once a solid 3rd round prospect, we get Beckwith in the 6th who could very well end up starting alongside Bowman/Walker/Armstrong in a couple years. Beckwith probably spends 2017 on PUP/IR but we have great depth at ILB going forward.
Round 7 - Weston Steelhammer S Air Force - How do you not draft a safety with the name Steelhammer?

What do you guys think?

I like it!
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
GM Nick Caserio
HC Josh McDaniels
OC Brian Daboll (Current Pats TE Coach, former OC in the NFL)
DC Mike Vrabel

Cut/Not Coming Back
Blaine Gabbert, Colin Kaepernick, DuJuan Harris, Marcus Martin, Ian Williams, Ahmad Brooks, Michael WIlhoite

Re-Signed
RB Shaun Draughn 2 year deal
WR Jeremy Kerley 2 year deal
OG Andrew Tiller 2 year deal
NT Glenn Dorsey 2 year deal
DE Chris Jones 1 year deal
ILB Gerald Hodges 1 year deal
K Phil Dawson 1 year deal

Free Agency
QB Brian Hoyer 2 year deal - Hoyer is brought in to be a veteran backup. His stats have been solid the past 2 seasons (17 games, 4000 yards, 25 TD's 7 INT's)
RB Jacquizz Rodgers 2 year deal - A versatile back who did a solid job filling in for Doug Martin this year. We all know Hyde's health history so having capable backups is crucial.
TE Martellus Bennett 3 year deal - It's no secret that McDaniels incorporates a lot of 2 TE sets and he values them very highly. Bennett knows his system and provides another weapon for our QB to utilize.
NT Bennie Logan 4 year deal - We have a huge hole at NT, Dorsey is solid but more a rotational guy. Logan will help plug up running holes, allow Buckner and Armstead to make more plays, and make it easier on our ILB's like Bowman and Ray Ray to stop the run.
OLB Connor Barwin 3 year deal - Barwin is likely to be a cap casualty for the Eagles, they have Curry and Graham at DE already who are younger, cutting Barwin frees up some cap space. For us, Barwin is most effective and productive as a 3-4 OLB, high character and a veteran presence. Notable upgrade over Brooks. Credit to GEEK for pointing out Barwin most likely being cut.

Trades
49ers trade 1st round pick to the Jets for 2017 1st and 2nd round picks, and 2018 2nd and 5th round picks. (Jets get their Franchise QB in Trubisky and don't have to give up multiple first round picks for him)

49ers trade 2017 2nd round pick (from Jets) and 2018 2nd round pick (whichever end up being lesser value between ours and pick we acquired from Jets) to New England Patriots for QB Jimmy Garappolo.

Draft
Round 1 - Mike Williams WR Clemson - It's been a long time since we've had a true bona fide #1 WR, Williams becomes that instantly. Garappolo will have some very solid weapons to work with.
Round 2 - Takkarist McKinley OLB/DE UCLA - We haven't been able to get much pressure on opposing QB's, we add another talented pass rusher in McKinley here. Barwin, McKinley, Lynch, Harold, Buckner and Armstead. Our pass rush should be much improved.
Round 3 - Anthony Walker Jr ILB Northwestern - Love Bowman but 2 big time injuries? Will be tough to come back close to 100%. Ray Ray looked solid for us but is still a question mark. We need depth at ILB, 2016 definitely taught us that.
Round 4 - Ryan Switzer WR North Carolina - Switzer has Edelman/Amendola written all over him, similar size, very shifty, hard to bring down and most importantly reliable hands. Often a go to for QB Mitch Trubisky.
Round 4 comp pick via Boone - Brady Gustafson QB Montana - Goes to Montana? Has the name Brady in his name? With those coincidences we would be fools to not draft this guy. But seriously, we draft him as a young QB to develop, who could be a nice longterm backup to Garappolo.
Round 5 - Nick Linder OC Miami - Kilgore while solid was arguably the weakest link on the o-line, give Linder a year or so and could challenge for the starting spot.
Round 6 - Kendell Beckwith LB LSU - I know I know, an ACL pick, but in the 6th round Beckwith is worth the risk. Once a solid 3rd round prospect, we get Beckwith in the 6th who could very well end up starting alongside Bowman/Walker/Armstrong in a couple years. Beckwith probably spends 2017 on PUP/IR but we have great depth at ILB going forward.
Round 7 - Weston Steelhammer S Air Force - How do you not draft a safety with the name Steelhammer?

What do you guys think?

Love the draft hate the free agents. I think I would rather have a Wolf/Shanahan combo! Plus I'm not thrilled about Garrapolo that's a lot to give up for 2 games. I think we would need to go over his practice film or something it's too small a sample size to give up that plus a huge contract.
I need new underwear
I am a Huge Montana GRIZZLIES fan and have watched Brady Gustafson since he came into college. I would not want him in anyway shape or form. He has great size but that's about it. His accuracy is terrible. It looks much better on the stats page because he has had reciever who have made him look decent. He in my opinion will be a UDFA when it's all said and done. I've watched him since day 1 for him and would be pissed if took him in anyway.
Love everything else. Would be happy with this minus Gustafson.
Excellent!!
I had never thought about Vrabel potentially being interested in working with Caserio and McDaniels, but it really makes sense. That adds a bit more to the punch bowl now doesn't it?

I'd be jacked up and excited going into next season with this offseason and it's realistic ta'boot. Well done.
Love everything about this except Rodgers. He only looked really good against us and even Jim Brown could show up with the Browns O-line and put 100+ on us.
Originally posted by stonecold590:
I am a Huge Montana GRIZZLIES fan and have watched Brady Gustafson since he came into college. I would not want him in anyway shape or form. He has great size but that's about it. His accuracy is terrible. It looks much better on the stats page because he has had reciever who have made him look decent. He in my opinion will be a UDFA when it's all said and done. I've watched him since day 1 for him and would be pissed if took him in anyway.
Love everything else. Would be happy with this minus Gustafson.

I totally agree on Brady. I am a Griz fan as well and I would not want him to be a 49er.
Share 49ersWebzone