LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 335 users in the forums

Carlos Henderson WR/ Returner - La Tech

• Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Lobo49er:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
With the ball in his hands he really reminds me of 49er great John Taylor.

A little shorter in measured height but he plays bigger than he is.

Second reference to John Taylor I've seen in The last two days. Polian, last night, compared Corey Davis to John Taylor too.

Nice to see Taylor still getting love.

Interesting. I would have made a slightly different comparison for Corey Davis. But the first thing I noticed when watching Carlos Henderson was John Taylor. Quick, fast, smooth runner, gets to his top speed quickly. I like Henderson a lot. I hope we trade into the middle/end of the 3rd round to get him if we haven't drafted a WR before then
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
There is no doubt that Henderson is one of the more explosive WRs with the ball in his hands in this draft. My biggest concern is this: Historically, receivers that do not top the team with receptions tend to not outplay the guy with the most receptions in the NFL. Trent Taylor had 54 more catches last year, and even though Taylor was the slot receiver, the difference in these numbers is pretty staggering.

Henderson just got released from the Broncos PS. Good call here.

That being said I'd like to see him come on for a workout for a spot on our PS.
Originally posted by saniner:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
There is no doubt that Henderson is one of the more explosive WRs with the ball in his hands in this draft. My biggest concern is this: Historically, receivers that do not top the team with receptions tend to not outplay the guy with the most receptions in the NFL. Trent Taylor had 54 more catches last year, and even though Taylor was the slot receiver, the difference in these numbers is pretty staggering.

Henderson just got released from the Broncos PS. Good call here.

That being said I'd like to see him come on for a workout for a spot on our PS.

doesn't he have off-field issues?
Originally posted by NYniner85:
doesn't he have off-field issues?

I hadn't seen anything until you posted this. Suspended a week for substance abuse and missed time for "issues at home". Reading through Vance Joseph's comments about him not being ready for the NFL made it sound a whole lot like Joe Williams
Share 49ersWebzone