There are 154 users in the forums

Carlos Henderson WR/ Returner - La Tech

https://youtu.be/KLv8teWZpDY

2016 stats: 82 receptions, 1530 yards, 19 TDs

This guy reminds me of something like a baby Steve Smith, similiar size at about 5'10 185. Run a sub 4.5 probably. He's tough and breaks lots of tackles. Great at going up for the 50/50 ball. A solid return man as well. Should go in mid rounds.
La Tech has two real good receivers...the other is a tough little slot guy. I like Henderson, too.
Originally posted by Murphys1:
La Tech has two real good receivers...the other is a tough little slot guy. I like Henderson, too.

That other guy, Taylor, had 136 receptions this year
Looks solid. Thanks for posting. The last LA Tech "stud" WR we took didn't quite pan out tho
this kid is starting to rise

Rotoworld's Josh Norris ranks Louisiana Tech's Carlos Henderson as the No. 3 WR in the 2017 class.

Western Michigan's Corey Davis and Clemson's Mike Williams rank as the top two, but few place Henderson at three. The Bulldog is the best receiver in this class after the catch in terms of explosion and vision. He creates big plays in that area of the field. In fact, Matt Harmon charted Henderson breaking two-plus tackles 39% of the time when the opportunity presented itself. Henderson also plays bigger than his 5-foot-11 size. We are excited for his NFL Combine.
I keep hearing about this guys explosiveness, but when I fire up the tape, I don't see it.

He reminds me of Patton and not because of the uniform.
Louisiana Tech WR Carlos Henderson was gifted the Matt Harmon seal of approval, claiming the pass catcher is his favorite receiver in the 2017 NFL Draft.

"When viewed in totality, Carlos Henderson's Reception Perception results speak to a player with perhaps more upside than any other receiver outside the top two," Harmon writes. Henderson's success against coverage was above average on nearly every route in the tree, which shows versatility. Harmon absolutely loves Henderson's yards after catch skills as well. Henderson ranks as Josh Norris' No. 3 receiver in the class thanks to his big play ability.
Originally posted by Heroism:
I keep hearing about this guys explosiveness, but when I fire up the tape, I don't see it.

He reminds me of Patton and not because of the uniform.

He plays faster than Patton did. Both had very good hands, Patton was more of a short area/quickness type guy whereas Henderson will flat out blow past defenders right off the line of scrimmage.

Patton was pretty good in the open field after the catch, Henderson is outstanding, very elusive and difficult to bring down.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Feb 27, 2017 at 12:56 PM ]
7. Carlos Henderson, LA Tech: Henderson is a fluid athlete who has great vision as a playmaker.

He showed great adjustment and leaping ability to poorly thrown balls. He lacks ideal strength on contested catches, and lost a few 50-50 balls that were jarred from his grasp by defenders. Despite that, he's a physical wide receiver who doesn't shy away from contact. Henderson plays quicker than he looks, and is sneaky fast once he reaches his second gear. Despite running decent routes, there is room for improvement. He didn't always use his top speed on route running, and was rarely challenged in press coverage. Henderson is a short strider who will have to get adjusted to NFL speed, but he does have an impressive stutter step move on deep routes. He occasionally gets caught waiting on throws rather than working back to them. Despite having good hands, he had a few focus drops on shorter routes. He lacks ideal size and explosive traits to be a considered a number one receiver (6 feet 1 inch and 190 pounds).

http://www.thephinsider.com/2017/2/25/14728750/2017-nfl-draft-big-board-position-rankings-top-10-wide-receivers

Interesting
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Patton was pretty good in the open field after the catch, Henderson is outstanding, very elusive and difficult to bring down.

I do see this. He's a lot more physical and difficult to bring down after the catch than Patton. Both of them have similar open-field wiggle and sneaky speed at full stride.

But a lot of people are talking about him running 4.3 at the combine and that he like he moves like John Ross, which simply hasn't been the case from the tape I've watched.

Originally posted by Heroism:
I do see this. He's a lot more physical and difficult to bring down after the catch than Patton. Both of them have similar open-field wiggle and sneaky speed at full stride.

But a lot of people are talking about him running 4.3 at the combine and that he like he moves like John Ross, which simply hasn't been the case from the tape I've watched.

He's not running a 4.3, nor is he anywhere as good of a route runner as Ross but I could see him being a pretty useful receiver in Shanahan's scheme assuming they get a QB who can maximize his opportunities to get yards after the catch.
Looks good.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JDMathews49ers:
Looks good.

looks real good
Pro Football Focus‏ @PFF

La Tech WR Carlos Henderson forced 48 missed tackles in 2016 to lead the nation. The next-closest receiver had 26.

Share 49ersWebzone