LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 315 users in the forums

Trade for #1 draft pick

Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
I'm all in for trading for the #1 pick if we can give up our 3rd round pick to make it happen. Getting Garrett instead of Jonathan Allen would be well worth it in my opinion.

The only way that happens is if the Browns are indifferent between Garrett and Allen or Trubisky. 3-4 DE is not a position of need for us. In an ideal world, there should be a scenario where the Browns get Allen, the 49ers get Garrett, and the 49ers give up enough draft compensation so that both teams come out ahead.

If Garrett is #1 by far on the Browns' board, we can kiss any trade goodbye.

We don't have a system right now. We could very well be a 4-3 team by next week
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
No, thanks. We are taking Trubisky at 2.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Mitch Trubisky has won me over. The need is at QB, they will have to address it this draft, why not take the best prospect.

Trubisky has proved nothing. Now jimmy G has. Why draft a qb at 2 when he has to sit for 3 years. When jimmy g already did, and as of today there is no evidence showing trubs is better than jimmy g. Jimmy is the only qb available this off season that has proved he can play at a high level in the nfl, besides cousins.
Originally posted by fan49:
Mitch Trubisky has won me over. The need is at QB, they will have to address it this draft, why not take the best prospect.

Trubisky has proved nothing. Now jimmy G has. Why draft a qb at 2 when he has to sit for 3 years. When jimmy g already did, and as of today there is no evidence showing trubs is better than jimmy g. Jimmy is the only qb available this off season that has proved he can play at a high level in the nfl, besides cousins.

Yup. You spend less to get Jimmy G and you get a #2 pick. Allen is a great prospect. Don't draft a QB, swing and miss is mighty here and Allen is going to be good. Don't risk the pick.
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place

Pats needed him for 4 games, he only finished 1. They have a better OLine than us, do you really want to risk not giving a rookie contract for a guy with who looked really good in a short amount of time? Are you guys really sure that he isn't the next Matt Flynn/Brock Osweiler? Both backups to Hall of Fame QBs with limited amount of game tape. Wasted cap space.

I'd rather trade down and grab Tru/Watson with extra picks and start from scratch.
Originally posted by TheNef77:
Originally posted by Blindfury:
We need as many picks as we can get. Would rather trade down and acquire more picks.

This. If Garrett is #1, trade down and stock pile early round picks for the next coming drafts.

Who is going to trade up??? Who wants Johnathan Allen or one of these 2nd/3rd round QBs at 2nd overall??? Nobody will trade up to #2 to even take Fourrnette....we're F***ED
Originally posted by suckafree17:
We need as many picks as we can get. Would rather trade down and acquire more picks.

This. If Garrett is #1, trade down and stock pile early round picks for the next coming drafts.

Who is going to trade up??? Who wants Johnathan Allen or one of these 2nd/3rd round QBs at 2nd overall??? Nobody will trade up to #2 to even take Fourrnette....we're F***ED

We get to pick one of the top prospects in the draft, and repeat each round. Your theory that no one will want to trade up just means we get to take quality. That does not mean we are f****d by any definition I have ever heard.

seriously?

bears are going to take a qb i think jets are as well so someone may want to move up for a qb

also guys like foster barnett allen are all top 5 pick worthy i would say the same for adams and hooker - both are S but easily top 5 to 10 talents
Originally posted by harryj:

seriously?

bears are going to take a qb i think jets are as well so someone may want to move up for a qb

also guys like foster barnett allen are all top 5 pick worthy i would say the same for adams and hooker - both are S but easily top 5 to 10 talents

Yeah, just what we need...another DB
  • fan49
  • Veteran
for who????

Trubs in no draft is worth the 1st pick. Goff, lynch, and wentz would have gone before him. But now in a draft thats worse than last years draft qb wise. Take him at 1 hell no... even taking him at 2 hell no. I will stick to my opinion Jimmy G is worth more than a 2, and has way more evidence showing that. I cant understand the trub homers
[ Edited by fan49 on Jan 6, 2017 at 12:36 PM ]

• fan49
  • Veteran

Pats needed him for 4 games, he only finished 1. They have a better OLine than us, do you really want to risk not giving a rookie contract for a guy with who looked really good in a short amount of time? Are you guys really sure that he isn't the next Matt Flynn/Brock Osweiler? Both backups to Hall of Fame QBs with limited amount of game tape. Wasted cap space.

I'd rather trade down and grab Tru/Watson with extra picks and start from scratch.

Sounds like my argument against trub lol. Except everything has already been done right with JImmy. Jimmy has proof he can play in the nfl. Nothing someone else does should effect a view on another individual. He has proven in college and nfl, he makes good decisions, is accurate, has good pocket presence and that wasn't exaggerated by elite receivers.
Share 49ersWebzone