LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 272 users in the forums

Trade for #1 draft pick

Cleveland will for sure pick Garrett if they choose to stay at #1 . Should trade our #1 , #4, #5 and next year's # 3 and #4 . Garrett would be a sure hit.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by okieniner:
Cleveland will for sure pick Garrett if they choose to stay at #1 . Should trade our #1 , #4, #5 and next year's # 3 and #4 . Garrett would be a sure hit.

K bye
We need as many picks as we can get. Would rather trade down and acquire more picks.
Originally posted by Blindfury:
We need as many picks as we can get. Would rather trade down and acquire more picks.

You sound Just like the GM we just fired, Quality over Quantity

Our last GM was great at maneuvering and acquiring picks, he was poor at choosing the players.
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place

This. If Garrett is #1, trade down and stock pile early round picks for the next coming drafts.
Originally posted by pickle:

Our last GM was great at maneuvering and acquiring picks, he was poor at choosing the players.

I agree , unless it's a player you can't just pass up. With 3 up grade free agents and if we hit on 2 players in the draft could be a major up grade
I don't see that fire in Garrett i'd like. Started really glaring every time I watch him play ever since MD posted something on it. I think he's the best prospect in this draft today, but I don't like him as a can't miss Von Miller Type player as some others do. If some team thinks the world of him and is willing to trade a boat load should be drop to 2, I say we take the boat load.
Mitch Trubisky has won me over. The need is at QB, they will have to address it this draft, why not take the best prospect.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Mitch Trubisky has won me over. The need is at QB, they will have to address it this draft, why not take the best prospect.

We don't have to address it in draft , being sceptical we could during Free Agency or trade. Like trade 2 2nds for Goropplo and sign a backup

I'm All-In for Garrett at #2

BUT not to trade up.
Not to be the one to point out any negatives but if you go and look at Garretts numbers he dominates small schools and disappears against good teams. He had 4.5 sacks against a horrible school and was quiet all year. He may be an athlete but he won't get to play any division 3 schools in the pros.
Hell No to trading up.
I'm all in for trading for the #1 pick if we can give up our 3rd round pick to make it happen. Getting Garrett instead of Jonathan Allen would be well worth it in my opinion.

The only way that happens is if the Browns are indifferent between Garrett and Allen or Trubisky. 3-4 DE is not a position of need for us. In an ideal world, there should be a scenario where the Browns get Allen, the 49ers get Garrett, and the 49ers give up enough draft compensation so that both teams come out ahead.

If Garrett is #1 by far on the Browns' board, we can kiss any trade goodbye.

Garrett is a beast but so is Allen. I'd rather stay put and the best player in the draft or trade down a few spots and grab the best WR in the draft and then trade back into the 1st for Tim Williams or Barnett
Share 49ersWebzone