There are 156 users in the forums

Malik Hooker S Ohio State

Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
https://mobile.twitter.com/JabrillPeppers/status/832496987085737984/video/1

Look for yourself brethren please dont believe me.

the first thing I noticed is how jacked he is .

Yup... You hit it on the money, the hips.. He turns them fluid.. Look how he turns on a dime. Look at the receiver skills. W.e the coach asks, he will do.. It will be easy for him to concentrate on 2 positions dealing with 15 in college..
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Feb 23, 2017 at 10:31 AM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I'm not sure how Adams and Hooker suddenly jumped ahead of Peppers... It's almost like no one saw Peppers play last year, in my personal opinion, Peppers is the next Troy Polamalu ... I doubt he'd go past Indy or Panthers.. Especially if Dalvin Cook is no longer there..
Originally posted by 9moon:
I'm not sure how Adams and Hooker suddenly jumped ahead of Peppers... It's almost like no one saw Peppers play last year, in my personal opinion, Peppers is the next Troy Polamalu ... I doubt he'd go past Indy or Panthers.. Especially if Dalvin Cook is no longer there..

Thats all Im saying.. Watch more tape, learn more because alot of you guys are missing alot from this kid. f**k my bias...

I'm looking at who can help my team. Coaches are known to say he has close to photographic memory. All you need to do is tell him once... His position coach asked him to move to lb.. Jabrill could have been a dick and said no.. He is unselfish.. He didnt say no and still got big ten defensive player... First year at lb..

The combine will show everything I said was true, even though I am a Michigan fan. The gift this kid has is amazing. It definitely hurt him playing 15 positions.. but if you get to know him more. Dude is smart, not many can read or look and actually do right the first time. Those people are rare..

Im telling you guys watch.. Its much more than my bias and I think hooker will be good but I need more body of work before I declare him a top ten pick. Thats all Im saying guys. No hate from me on Hooker.
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Feb 23, 2017 at 10:50 AM ]
okay lets get away from peppers.. he has his own thread.

a little disappointed that hooker isnt gonna particpate in the combine. But i will be looking forward to his pro day, and maybe a private workout from us.
  • Andra
  • Veteran
We already have hooker on the team

Originally posted by Andra:

No we don't. Hooker is bigger, stronger, faster, and has better ball skills than Ward. Ward (or Reid) would struggle a lot in Earl Thomas's single high safety role in my opinion. I'm not even sure if we'll pick up Ward's 5th year option - there's no way he's worth near the $8 million tender we would have to give him in 2018. Tartt is terrible right now, but I have more hope that he'll develop into a capable SS than that Ward will develop into a capable single high safety in a Seattle style defense.
Come on man. #2 pick. He's not worth that. If we trade down maybe. #2 is awful high for this guy. It's a bad year to have the #2 pick. #1 would really help this team. But he will very likely be gone.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Come on man. #2 pick. He's not worth that. If we trade down maybe. #2 is awful high for this guy. It's a bad year to have the #2 pick. #1 would really help this team. But he will very likely be gone.

If you draft an all pro at 2, does it matter what position he plays? I am not saying Hooker will be all pro, but I'm not sure Allen will be or any of the QBs would be ... and Hooker is being compared favorably to Ed Reed and Earl Thomas. Any player comes with risk, but if the goal is to find BPA at 2, you don't rule out any position.
Originally posted by midrdan:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

If you draft an all pro at 2, does it matter what position he plays? I am not saying Hooker will be all pro, but I'm not sure Allen will be or any of the QBs would be ... and Hooker is being compared favorably to Ed Reed and Earl Thomas. Any player comes with risk, but if the goal is to find BPA at 2, you don't rule out any position.

Yes. It's better to have an All-Pro QB, LT, or pass rusher. I agree that Hooker should be in the discussion for the #2 pick, but let's not pretend that getting Hooker would be as good as getting Garrett or an Andrew Luck type prospect at QB.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Yes. It's better to have an All-Pro QB, LT, or pass rusher. I agree that Hooker should be in the discussion for the #2 pick, but let's not pretend that getting Hooker would be as good as getting Garrett or an Andrew Luck type prospect at QB.

Yeah, qb and pass rushers are the premiere and hardest position to fill with all pro talent. I have a hunch this kid Hooker will be great tho.

I'm praying the browns take a qb and then Kyle and John can just draft Garrett. lol

Hooker is one of the guys I would consider with the #2 overall pick along with Garrett, Allen, & Solomon.

Switching to the 4-3 defense will require a S with range, and I don't think we currently have one of those on our squad right now.

Hooker can also come downhill and bang which is a huge plus!
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Hooker is one of the guys I would consider with the #2 overall pick along with Garrett, Allen, & Solomon.

Switching to the 4-3 defense will require a S with range, and I don't think we currently have one of those on our squad right now.

Hooker can also come downhill and bang which is a huge plus!

This x2
  • Andra
  • Veteran

No we don't. Hooker is bigger, stronger, faster, and has better ball skills than Ward. Ward (or Reid) would struggle a lot in Earl Thomas's single high safety role in my opinion. I'm not even sure if we'll pick up Ward's 5th year option - there's no way he's worth near the $8 million tender we would have to give him in 2018. Tartt is terrible right now, but I have more hope that he'll develop into a capable SS than that Ward will develop into a capable single high safety in a Seattle style defense.

Hooker would probably be a better single high safety than Ward, probably better then most safeties in the league right now. I do feel that Ward has the skill and range to play the position well, though like most people I question his durability. Guess what I'm saying is I would rather give Ward a shot than spend our first round pick on Hooker. JMO

Hooker would probably be a better single high safety than Ward, probably better then most safeties in the league right now. I do feel that Ward has the skill and range to play the position well, though like most people I question his durability. Guess what I'm saying is I would rather give Ward a shot than spend our first round pick on Hooker. JMO

I don't see anything in Ward that says Earl Thomas or even elite playmaker.
#2 pick is high for any S...I don't care who it is. I think Hooker's the best all-around S in this draft, but not that high.
Share 49ersWebzone