LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 276 users in the forums

Malik Hooker S Ohio State

The more I see of this guy, the more I want him, even if it means with the 2nd pick. I wanted Ramsey bad last year but this guy is just as special, if not more.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
there's only one DB that's worth pickin 1st or even 2nd overall... too bad he's now retired..

the name is PRIME TIME !!!
Next level especially in a 4/3 under
Here's the truth- if we are going BPA and Garrett is gone at 1. Hooker is absolutely in the conversation to be the 2nd pick. Every pre ranking I've seen has him 3-5. Between Allen and another DE which we def won't draft.
I've got serious reservations about your football IQ if you're taking Hooker over Davis or Williams or a number of other people.
Originally posted by bigwads:
I've got serious reservations about your football IQ if you're taking Hooker over Davis or Williams or a number of other people.

Then you are questioning the IQ of pretty much every evaluator out there, who have Hooker rated higher than Williams and Davis, both of whom are good prospects but not, at their position, expected to be an all pro whereas Hooker is being compared to two in Thomas and Reed

Hooker is exceptional at his position, he's a Julio Jones type prospect as a safety. Williams is not that level of a prospect as a WR. He is somewhere between Jones and Laquon Treadwell.
Originally posted by midrdan:

Then you are questioning the IQ of pretty much every evaluator out there, who have Hooker rated higher than Williams and Davis, both of whom are good prospects but not, at their position, expected to be an all pro whereas Hooker is being compared to two in Thomas and Reed

This.

Huh? You don't think Hooker is top 10?
Malik Hooker, Free Safety, Ohio State, Sophomore
6-2, 205
Hooker has just one season of starting experience, but he made it count. The raw but talented playmaker racked up 74 tackles (5.5 for loss) and seven interceptions, tied for second-most in the country. He also missed 17 tackles, which is a concern, but he's widely projected to have a high ceiling in the NFL. Hooker will not participate in Combine drills after surgeries to repair a torn labrum and hernia, which he played through late in the season.

Top 10? I dont think so not with this resume... One year starting, missed 17 tackles and will not participate in the combine? I understand he is good but top 10? Thats overrating him...

http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/nfl/titans/2017/02/22/versatile-safeties-jamal-adams-jabrill-peppers-could-bolster-titans-defense/98253162/

Peppers and Adams are both strong tacklers. 17 tackles missed is a valid concern....

Ill take the experience and the strong tackling of Adams or Peppers any day. Dude only started one year. Top 10 no way imho..
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Feb 23, 2017 at 4:30 AM ]

Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
6-2, 205
Hooker has just one season of starting experience, but he made it count. The raw but talented playmaker racked up 74 tackles (5.5 for loss) and seven interceptions, tied for second-most in the country. He also missed 17 tackles, which is a concern, but he's widely projected to have a high ceiling in the NFL. Hooker will not participate in Combine drills after surgeries to repair a torn labrum and hernia, which he played through late in the season.

Top 10? I dont think so not with this resume... One year starting, missed 17 tackles and will not participate in the combine? I understand he is good but top 10? Thats overrating him...

http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/nfl/titans/2017/02/22/versatile-safeties-jamal-adams-jabrill-peppers-could-bolster-titans-defense/98253162/

Peppers and Adams are both strong tacklers. 17 tackles missed is a valid concern....

I don't think he's getting passed the jets if they stay put, Pryor needs much help and Hooker might save his job with the jets..
Originally posted by jersey49er:
6-2, 205

I don't think he's getting passed the jets if they stay put, Pryor needs much help and Hooker might save his job with the jets..
Disclaimer
This is coming from a bias Peppers fan but at least I'm looking at the facts. 1 year starter? 17 tackles missed and your a safety? He is not attending the combine either?

If those arent red flags I dont know what is? If anything. Truthfully I need to see more...

That is what I call a gamble as a top 10.. I hope the jets do get him and reach.
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Feb 23, 2017 at 4:36 AM ]
This whole time I've been hearing about this kid since Michigan and this is what all the hype is over 1 year, 17 tackles missed, injured and missing the combine? Not saying he is going to fail and the disregard Jabrill switching to a LB position his last year and winning the Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year playing 15 positions.

Lol wait till Jabrill concentrates on just one or two positions.

I'm even more confident, based off the facts provided.

Adams-Best safety as of right now.
Peppers-Underrated, lol the combine is almost here.
Hooker-Overrated, need to see more.. No to top 10... not with that many tackles missed and little starter experience..

Imho....
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Feb 23, 2017 at 5:15 AM ]
Originally posted by jersey49er:
6-2, 205

Disclaimer
This is coming from a bias Peppers fan but at least I'm looking at the facts. 1 year starter? 17 tackles missed and your a safety? He is not attending the combine either?

If those arent red flags I dont know what is? If anything. Truthfully I need to see more...

That is what I call a gamble as a top 10.. I hope the jets do get him and reach.

I glad you threw in the disclaimer

I'll add Hooker and Peppers are even close to the same player anyway.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Feb 23, 2017 at 5:59 AM ]
Rather have Budda Baker in the 2nd/3rd
Share 49ersWebzone