There are 202 users in the forums

Malik Hooker S Ohio State

Originally posted by SteveYoung:
Draft BPA. Other than Jonathan Allen I don't think there is a better player available at 2.

I like Allen, but I am finding it hard to believe we will draft another d-lineman three years in a row*.

I like this kid Hooker, but agree drafting him at two seems steep. This is going to be an interesting draft!

*unless the browns pass on Myles.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Draft BPA. Other than Jonathan Allen I don't think there is a better player available at 2.

I like Allen, but I am finding it hard to believe we will draft another d-lineman three years in a row*.

I like this kid Hooker, but agree drafting him at two seems steep. This is going to be an interesting draft!

I don't think it's steep, hooker is a good prospect
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:

yup. if lynch believes that hooker will be a key piece on the defense, i don't think he will hesitate to pull the trigger, especially since hes a former safety.
  • HERN
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:

yup. if lynch believes that hooker will be a key piece on the defense, i don't think he will hesitate to pull the trigger, especially since hes a former safety.

If Lynch is going to take a safety, he'll recognize that Jamal Adams is the better one out of the 2.

Adams has a similar nastiness that Lynch had.
^^this
Originally posted by HERN:
If Lynch is going to take a safety, he'll recognize that Jamal Adams is the better one out of the 2.

Adams has a similar nastiness that Lynch had.

Probably. Both are probably better safeties than anyone else since 2010, though.

If the Niners trade down, this is whom I want (Hooker).
[ Edited by NinerSickness on Feb 20, 2017 at 8:50 PM ]
2017 prospects that make sense for 49ers at No. 2 but aren't being discussed
February 19, 2017 by Dylan DeSimone

Malik Hooker, S, Ohio State:

"He has the best combination of range and ball skills that I've ever seen in a college safety. His anticipation and awareness is off the charts. I wasn't in Baltimore when Ed Reed was drafted, but I arrived the following year to scout for the Ravens and spent four years around the future Hall of Famer. Hooker is the closest thing I've seen to Reed seen since I've been scouting," – NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah

*Ears perk up*

The 49ers are a question mark at safety—you can make the argument that they have a lot to work with, you could make an argument they have very little. What I've seen is Eric Reid and Antoine Bethea struggle lately, both in run support and coverage. And who knows what the future of Jaquiski Tartt holds or if the 49ers' new staff elects to keep Jimmie Ward at corner or not. There's a case to be made for Hooker.

And if you're questioning draft slot vs. value, it doesn't take a football expert to see how Earl Thomas turned around the Seahawks defense, and ultimately the franchise. He's an elite safety, arguably Seattle's best defensive player, and a top five defender in the NFL. If that's along the lines of what Hooker grows into, it's worth it.

Moreover, the Niners as of late have brought in the cloggers, block absorbers and hitters on defense – they desperately require a ball-attacking playmaker now. Hooker may not only be All-Pro caliber early, but he may be just what this defense needs.

Why not: Reid and Bethea are still under contract and this is one of the rare positions the 49ers can afford to bypass altogether this offseason.

https://dylandesimone80.wixsite.com/fourthandnine/single-post/2017/02/19/2017-prospects-that-make-sense-for-49ers-at-No-2-that-aren%25E2%2580%2599t-being-discussed
Yes I mean steep in that we could probably trade down a few spots and still land him. I can only think of Eric berry at five - Safeties usually don't get drafted so high.

This kid looks lights out tho. If they're saying he has the talent to be like Thomas or a Reed etc I wouldn't mind at all. Defense built up the middle?! Hell yeah!
[ Edited by Cisco0623 on Feb 21, 2017 at 5:43 PM ]
I am so sick of seeing 3rd and 17 converted into 65 yard touchdown passes
Originally posted by ninerAxe:

"He has the best combination of range and ball skills that I've ever seen in a college safety. His anticipation and awareness is off the charts. I wasn't in Baltimore when Ed Reed was drafted, but I arrived the following year to scout for the Ravens and spent four years around the future Hall of Famer. Hooker is the closest thing I've seen to Reed seen since I've been scouting," – NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah

*Ears perk up*

The 49ers are a question mark at safety—you can make the argument that they have a lot to work with, you could make an argument they have very little. What I've seen is Eric Reid and Antoine Bethea struggle lately, both in run support and coverage. And who knows what the future of Jaquiski Tartt holds or if the 49ers' new staff elects to keep Jimmie Ward at corner or not. There's a case to be made for Hooker.

And if you're questioning draft slot vs. value, it doesn't take a football expert to see how Earl Thomas turned around the Seahawks defense, and ultimately the franchise. He's an elite safety, arguably Seattle's best defensive player, and a top five defender in the NFL. If that's along the lines of what Hooker grows into, it's worth it.

Moreover, the Niners as of late have brought in the cloggers, block absorbers and hitters on defense – they desperately require a ball-attacking playmaker now. Hooker may not only be All-Pro caliber early, but he may be just what this defense needs.

Why not: Reid and Bethea are still under contract and this is one of the rare positions the 49ers can afford to bypass altogether this offseason.

https://dylandesimone80.wixsite.com/fourthandnine/single-post/2017/02/19/2017-prospects-that-make-sense-for-49ers-at-No-2-that-aren%25E2%2580%2599t-being-discussed

If the Browns draft Garrett at 1 I wouldn't mind trading back to 5 or 6 & taking Hooker while picking up another 2nd rounder in the process

Hypothetically, where is a logical draft spot for Hooker if someone traded up to #2?
if we could move our #2 and somehow stay in the top 6 , Hooker would be an instant starter and impact performer for us , plus acquiring more picks would be a real score, especially if we could land another 2nd rounder and another mid round pick
I don't know the other teams needs, but there are two safeties expected top 10 from what i've read, Hooker and Adams - actually top 8 if you average it out.

I've said it before. If the niners love a QB (trubisky!) take him at 2, if not then id say take Allen or Hooker. We are going 4-3 right? Allen makes a lot of sense as well. Im more intrigued by Hooker as i think he could have a great impact for years. Allen as well, but we already have drafted two dline the past two years.
I don't know the other teams needs, but there are two safeties expected top 10 from what i've read, Hooker and Adams - actually top 8 if you average it out.

I've said it before. If the niners love a QB (trubisky!) take him at 2, if not then id say take Allen or Hooker. We are going 4-3 right? Allen makes a lot of sense as well. Im more intrigued by Hooker as i think he could have a great impact for years. Allen as well, but we already have drafted two dline the past two years.

Lynch drafting a safety at 2 lol what a f**king mess...go look at some of the best safeties in the league and tell me when they were drafted?
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerAxe:

*Ears perk up*

I don't care of Jeremiah says Hooker is the next coming of Reed and Sean Taylor, their ball hawking ways would not matter nor would not show up because the opposing teams will just run all over us !!
Share 49ersWebzone