There are 156 users in the forums

Solomon Thomas--Stanford

Originally posted by shmuck:
Originally posted by Heroism:
If you want a player that checks the boxes in the mold of the leo, look no further than charles harris.

listed at 6'3", 260 lbs, he's built for the role. fluid athlete that has an explosive first step and excellent lateral quickness and agility. that spin move of his is nastyyy.

CH is pretty good but not number 2 overall good. Thomas is a better prospect overall and a lot more versatile on the DL. I'd rather have Thomas over Harris in almost any scenario.

who said anything about drafting Harris at 2? we have more than one pick dude. Trade down and get a WR/DB and go after Harris.
Very excited to see him at the combine. I think the Justin Smith comparison is a good one, so I want to see if he tests as well
Originally posted by saniner:
Very excited to see him at the combine. I think the Justin Smith comparison is a good one, so I want to see if he tests as well

I agree. I'm curious to know if he's got enough mobility to play on the edge.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
I would rather have him than Jonathan Allen but if we choose one of them Lynch or Armstead(I think Lynch is more probable) will be pushed out of the starting lineup. I wouldn't be mad if we picked him at second overall but that wouldn't be my choice.
I have a feeling this guy would've been the pick if Baalke were still here ( i know i puke at the thought of that too). Well either this or we trade down and get Taco Charlton. They seem like total Baalke picks.

That said, I like Thomas but none of us have no idea how this draft is going to play out.
Pro Football Focus compared Stanford DL Solomon Thomas to Seattle Seahawks DL Michael Bennett.

"Thomas is more of a run-first player than Bennett, but they both fill a similar role as a base defensive end with the ability to kick inside as pass-rushers," noted the PFF analysis team. This past season, the outlet graded the 6-foot-3, 275-pounder as the No. 1 run-defender among interior defensive linemen. There is some question as to just what position Thomas will play at the NFL level -- NFL Media's Lance Zierlein believes he could see work as an "early down defensive end who moves inside to defensive tackle on passing downs." He could be selected in the first half of the first round come this
Originally posted by gold49digger:
I have a feeling this guy would've been the pick if Baalke were still here

People need to stop acting like everything Baalke did was suddenly horrible. Buckner was a Baalke pick too and by he appears to have the potential to be a very good player for a long time.

Overall I think we could look back on the 2015 draft a few years from now as having been a pretty good draft overall.
Would love it if we drafted him, he is a total game wrecker. Would hate to play against him or J. Allen, Jordan Willis, Rueben Foster
Pretty good write up on him from the Jaguars perspective and need for and edge rusher in a 4/3 under defense

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2017/2/24/14701846/nfl-draft-scouting-report-solomon-thomas

Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Pretty good write up on him from the Jaguars perspective and need for and edge rusher in a 4/3 under defense

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2017/2/24/14701846/nfl-draft-scouting-report-solomon-thomas

Nice read. That guy seems to be slotting him as a 3T or possibly SDE.
Yup, that's precisely where I'd put him. On the edge in base for run defense and somewhere in the middle(bounce between 3t and 1t) in rushing packages.
This is a guy I would consider at #2 overall!
My number three best after Garrett and Foster. Just an outstanding player.
  • crew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
My number three best after Garrett and Foster. Just an outstanding player.
Agree, if Garrett goes #1, will be an interesting decision whether to go with Solomon or Foster. Would be happy with either of these two. My choice would be Foster in RD1 and Harris in RD2.
[ Edited by crew on Feb 26, 2017 at 4:36 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone