There are 199 users in the forums

Solomon Thomas--Stanford

• crew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Heroism:
This guys stock just shot up with the hiring of Saleh.

If they really are going 4-3, I'd be perfectly content with the 49ers taking Thomas at #2. Another outstanding pass rushing prospect with the potential of being a gameplan wrecker.

Watching his tape does remind me of a DE from Missouri, Justin Smith.

If they really are going 4-3, I'd be perfectly content with the 49ers taking Thomas at #2. Another outstanding pass rushing prospect with the potential of being a gameplan wrecker.

I like Thomas more than Allen tbh
Originally posted by 49ers808:

I like Thomas more than Allen tbh

I agree..I actually think if the offer is there the niners could trade back a couple spots and still land him..
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Here comes the 1,423 mock drafts with us getting Thomas and then of course drafting McCaffery 2nd

I was thinking more like trade back into the 1st for Mahomes lol
I think trading down for more of a speed with power rusher is what we need.
With the new change in defense, Thomas would be a perfect fit. Our DL could look like SDE= Lynch 5/6/7T=Armstead 1T= FA (Brandon Williams please) 3T=Buck Leo= Thomas. I really like him more than anyone at 2 right now, perfect fit and super high potential. Do it Lynch!!!
Thomas is not a leo. The prototypical leo is smaller and a lot faster than Thomas. Cliff Avril is Seattle's leo. He's 6'3, 260 lbs, and shifts from a 2-point or 3-point stance depending on the front. Thomas is bigger and doesn't play standing up, so why would we ask him to do something he doesn't do? He also doesn't possess the speed for that position.

Also, there's a problem with your setup: the 5t in this style of defense is the SDE.
[ Edited by Heroism on Feb 14, 2017 at 7:59 PM ]
If you want a player that checks the boxes in the mold of the leo, look no further than charles harris.

listed at 6'3", 260 lbs, he's built for the role. fluid athlete that has an explosive first step and excellent lateral quickness and agility. that spin move of his is nastyyy.
[ Edited by Heroism on Feb 14, 2017 at 8:13 PM ]
Thomas is not a leo. The prototypical leo is smaller and a lot faster than Thomas. Cliff Avril is Seattle's leo. He's 6'3, 260 lbs, and shifts from a 2-point or 3-point stance depending on the front. Thomas is bigger and doesn't play standing up, so why would we ask him to do something he doesn't do? He also doesn't possess the speed for that position.

Also, there's a problem with your setup: the 5t in this style of defense is the SDE.

Thomas is pretty freakin fast. He's expected to run in the 4.5's and there was that video of him absolutely killing the 3 con drill almost as fast as Von Miller. Also the LEO doesn't play standing up they have their hands in the dirt so I don't see the problem with it. I think that is the exact position that Thomas would excel at.

i should have said Lynch will play SAM not SDE. My bad.
[ Edited by shmuck on Feb 14, 2017 at 8:59 PM ]
If you want a player that checks the boxes in the mold of the leo, look no further than charles harris.

listed at 6'3", 260 lbs, he's built for the role. fluid athlete that has an explosive first step and excellent lateral quickness and agility. that spin move of his is nastyyy.

CH is pretty good but not number 2 overall good. Thomas is a better prospect overall and a lot more versatile on the DL. I'd rather have Thomas over Harris in almost any scenario.

The leo absolutely plays standing up. Like I said, it depends on their front.

Lynch is closing in on 300 lbs. He's closer to 1t than he is a SLB.

Lol and of course you dont take Charles Harris at 2. Just pointed him out as a more apt prospect for the leo role.
[ Edited by Heroism on Feb 14, 2017 at 9:21 PM ]
He may be standing up in some fronts but the majority of the time he'll have his hand in the dirt. Anywho he's plenty athletic enough to play LEO whether or not he's in a 2 point or a 3 point.

And if you don't like Lynch at SAM than put Brooks there. They seem pretty interchangeable ATM although I'll say if Lynch is in shape though he's better than Brooks, but we'll see.
Until I hear from Shanahan they're abandoning the 3-4 I'm not buying they're converting to the 4-3. I seriously doubt Saleh is the long-term DC...the guy Coach wants is Fangio, who of course runs a 3-4. I'd bet as soon as his contract's up with the Bears Shanahan will get his interview and hire him to run his defense.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Until I hear from Shanahan they're abandoning the 3-4 I'm not buying they're converting to the 4-3. I seriously doubt Saleh is the long-term DC...the guy Coach wants is Fangio, who of course runs a 3-4. I'd bet as soon as his contract's up with the Bears Shanahan will get his interview and hire him to run his defense.

I agree with we don't know yet about switching to the 4-3 but unless Saleh sucks big time, he will be our defensive coordinator. Why would a coach take a job knowing that he'd just be a lame duck DC? That's makes no sense. Saleh and Shanahan are friends and I doubt he would do that to his buddy.
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Here comes the 1,423 mock drafts with us getting Thomas and then of course drafting McCaffery 2nd

I was thinking more like trade back into the 1st for Mahomes lol

garbage
Share 49ersWebzone